“Authentic Italian Cuisine and New York Style Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 140 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Clearwater, Florida
“Authentic Italian Cuisine and New York Style Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Growing up in the northeast, my wife and I have really missed the great taste of New York City pizza. After 14 years without it, Pronto Pizza finally showed up to fill this missing gap of excellent, unique New York style Italian cuisine!

We absolutely have LOVED every meal we've tried so far. Huge calzones with fresh ingredients in the perfect blend of cheeses, vegetables, meats and spices; New York style pizza (THE REAL DEAL); chicken marsala; lasagna; chicken serento ... very delicious food, perfectly cooked! My wife, son and I go there at least 3 times a month.

There is a mediocre review here from someone from Chicago. But ther's been a food feud between Chi town style pizza and NYC pizza since forever. So leaving personal taste out if it, you've got a definite winner in Pronto Pizza.

If you miss the REAL pizza of the northeast, your fix is waiting for you at this place. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dunedin, Florida
“very good,better than rumored.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

we really enjoyed this pizza. Luckily had a 1/2 off coupon otherwise it would have been a little too pricey! not crazy about the owner,not a people person I guess, but luckily their product overshadows that. Excellent flavors and great crust!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Pizza disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Having lived my life in Chicago I have been fortunate to eat the very best pizza in just about every pizza place there. I like Chicago thin pizza - not deep dish which I don't consider real pizza. New York may claim they make the best thin pizza but Chicago has them beat. Pronto offers something they call Chicago style which is deep dish and they also call it Sicilian style which in no way is the same as Chicago deep dish. But, I ordered the so-called New York style thin pizza with Italian sausage and when it arrived I found the sausage to be shaved pieces of sausage placed on top of the cheese. I believe the sausage was cooked prior to putting it on the pizza as I don't know how they were able to shave it so thin. Never saw that before. No taste - none. Same with the dough. I had to ask for oregano because they don't put it on while baking their pizzas. And the only other taste that I could give it was adding Parmesan cheese all over it. The antipasto salad was pretty good - nice touch with the heart of artichoke but dressing also bland. I felt like the owners are not Italian even though they say they are and from New York. If you just want to get filled up and don't care about over-paying for a mediocre pizza then Pronto is the place for you. If you are looking for a great flavored pizza then you have to go elsewhere - (you may want to try Galley Pizza) or hop a plane to Chicago.

• Visited April 2012