“Quiet and Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Moon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunedin
Blue Moon Inn
You added Blue Moon Inn to your Saves list
2920 Alternate 19 North, Dunedin, FL 34698   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Dunedin B&B and Inns
Windsor Ontario
“Quiet and Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our room was VERY spacious and contained all of the necessary amenities. The continental breakfast in the lounge over looking the grounds set the tone for a beautiful Florida day. We will definately return here !!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I went on vacation to relax and that's exactly what I did at The Blue Moon Inn! The grounds are absolutely beautiful and within walking distance of the beach, which I loved! If the beach isn’t for you, the hotel also offers a heated pool. Every morning there was a complementary continental breakfast waiting for us in the Florida room. There was even a private patio where I could sit and relax while my husband watched t.v. inside. It was the best vacation we've ever been on, thank you Blue Moon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was my third stay at the Blue Moon Inn and I think it just keeps getting better. My room was pristine as always and the staff was kind and hepful. I ended up needing a recommendation for a business dinner and my management gave me multiple recommendations and even called and made the reservation for me.

I only get to Dunedin once a year but as always I plan to come back. This is truly a hidden gem!

Room Tip: Great for travelers and families on vacation
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Yukon, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We found our room very nice looking, So being at home I took off my shoes walked around the room for a few minutes, next I rested on the bed, my husband stated "Your feet are black" Our room needed toilet paper and dish soap so we visited the local market and purchased both. Our room was not cleaned by the maid service during our stay. My husband asked on Sunday if they could clean the bathroom and they did. We were there 5 nights. The bathroom was cleaned once, nothing else was done in our room therefore we feel the service was very poor. Next there was the problem with the management at this location. When I checked in with Nancy she asked "how many" I stated to her “my husband and I, 2 granddaughters and 1 great grandson for a total of 5, maybe 6 if another granddaughter stayed with us.” Due to the fact I could not get 2 rooms in the Blue Moon Inn, I rented a Park Model for one of my daughters and her husband, we asked about the breakfast and Nancy said "since they are part of your party they may take breakfast also, we don't want the whole park coming for breakfast but the 2 of them will be ok. On Thursday everything appeared to be great, there were 3 or 4 from room 5 to have coffee, 2 teenagers had some fruit and I had a sweet roll. Friday all hell broke loose they recorded 6 people from room 5 to partake of something from the breakfast room. Later that day, the manager, Kelly huffed across the lawn in back like she had a birr-up-her-butt or as my husband said "looked like she was on a mission."
She left a note at all rooms; our room 5 had the person in room 4 name on it. They were pissed about the number of people that visited the breakfast room. I was in my daughter's room helping a florist with the wedding flowers, when she came by. My daughter asked Kelly, if there was a problem and Kelly said “the owners were not happy” and she was told to fix it. She, Kelly said something to the fact we are swimming here and when I looked into her face I could see she was drowning or something.
When I saw the note she left on our door I went to Nancy and wanted her to correct or room charge to include the extra charges for my 14 & 15 year old granddaughters and my 3 year old great grandson. I asked and pleaded with her to correct our bill and SHE WOULD NOT. I'm pissed at the whole place. We have NEVER taken something for nothing. In the note left it was plane that they wanted the $5-$10. Per person that they failed to collect up front. I begged for awhile and then got so upset I cried and Nancy still would not correct our room charges. Now I'M left to feel like room 5 stole a 4 cups of coffee and a few breakfast items during our 5 day stay.

And just so EVERY future guest will know; the swing set is faulty. One of our granddaughters was swinging and when she went to dismount her shorts were caught on the chain loop, resulting in her being slung her to the ground. This traumatic experience resulted in our granddaughter received a broken ankle. AND then we got to spend 4 hours in the local emergency room for our granddaughter to be treated for a broken ankle. She has seen our local doctor and she will be on crutches for 4 – 6 weeks. Our granddaughter is an honor student and participates as a color guard and is a member of the marching band – and now she is unable to participate in these activities.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
bluemoon039, Manager at Blue Moon Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. As always we welcome constructive criticism and do our very best to make our Inn an enjoyable experience for our guest. We sincerely hope your 150 wedding reception guests enjoyed their FREE use of our clubhouse and kitchen facilities.

The Blue Moon Inns Quality Assurance program calls for carpet cleaning bi-monthly and when needed between guest. Our normal houskeeping duties are performed daily between 10 AM and 2 PM unless there is a "DO NOT DISTRUB" sign on the door.

The Blue Moon Inn is honored to have received "THE WHITE GLOVE AWARD" every year since 2004 as selected by the Superior Small Lodging Association. We are also proud of the "2009 Govenor's Lodging Recommendation Award". The Blue Moon Inn's THREE DIAMOND rating by AAA is an assurance to our leisure travelers that they will recieve quality and value.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Dunedin for Blue Jays Spring Training and spent a week at the Blue Moon Inn in in March 2010. Our suite was lovely, spotless and exactly as advertised. We had a living- dining room with a kitchenette (fridge, sink, microwave), a lovely bedroom with a very comfortable king-sized bed and a great bathroom with a large jacuzzi, shower, etc. Our suite also had a small patio overlooking the grounds. We even saw White Ibis and Great Egrets wandering in the park!

The Inn is located at the edge of Dunedin, near the Pinellas Trail and is attached to an RV park with a pool, shuffle board, activity centre and laundramat.

The continental breakfast was excellent and of course Mellie and staff at the Inn did everything to make our staff enjoyable, peaceful and relaxing!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

In an attempt to book for May 2010, I phoned in late January to get a reservation. The phone just rang & rang off the hook, no answering machine or voice mail. Called the 2nd number listed on their website & got the same thing...

I tried their website contact email & it came back to me immedialy as undeliverable.

They still have the 2009 rates posted on their website. I can't get a hold of a live person for my life. Makes you wonder how their customer service is when you actually get there.

I'm pretty unimpressed. Booking elsewhere now....

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
bluemoon039, Manager at Blue Moon Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
We are sorry that you had a difficult time trying to call us. We understand why you had a difficult time..our phones went totally out during that time and we had to replace our entire phone system. We would like to offer you a discount for your next trip to our beautiful
B & B. Please contact us on your next visit to thisarea.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

What a great place. My husband and I are both very picky and we loved this place. Carol was very courteous and helpful. We were visiting family and it was a short drive to their home. The room was clean, updated and comfortable. Breakfast was good. We did see wild bunny rabbits on the lawn which was a nice treat. We would stay here again and plan to.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Moon Inn? Share your experiences!