“It's the waiter and management” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bon Appetit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 140 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: This landmark Dunedin Restaurant offers casual waterfront dining in a sophisticated but relaxed setting; stunning waterfront views of St. Joseph Sound, Honeymoon and Caledesi Islands. Chef Stephen has created a menu to showcase weekly specials, comfort food creations, and seasonal temptations to tantalize the most sophisticated of diners, all in addittion to the regular menu. Enjoy alfresco dining at the Marina Terrace Cafe with the same menu and phenomenal views and sunsets. Please visit us for our All New "New Orleans Bistro Brunch." Inspired from the city that started the brunch movement. Enjoy classic New Orleans food and drinks while listening to jazz played on our baby grand piano.
Palm Harbor, Florida
“It's the waiter and management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was our 30th anniversary dinner back in February of this year. My steak though requested medium, came out overcooked-brown through and through. I complained and asked for another steak cooked medium. It came out purple-raw inside. I waved it away, all I ate was my salad and bread.
The manager never came to check on us.
The waiter (European accent) scolded me for returning my food twice and said we should be glad that we were not charged for two dinners.
We have eaten at this restaurant on many occasions over the years. I was born in St. Petersburg and have lived here all my life. We have never been treated this way anywhere else and will not return. It's a shame really.
p.s. Although I selected a "couples" visit, our adult daughter was there also since it was such a special occasion. We were all appalled at the service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
tmr1983, Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to first and foremost thank you for your feedback and for visiting us to enjoy our wonderful property. I apologize on behalf of our team for a less than enjoyable experience with the food as well as the service you have experienced in February. I would personally like you to know that I have forwarded this review to the Executive Chef here and GM, as we take all of our feedback here very seriously. Thank you so much for visiting our lovely property, and as a token of our appreciation, please respond to nbashimam@bonappetitrestaurant.com with your current mailing address as we would like to send you a gift to use for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Wakeman, Ohio
“love u”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

i ate my first chicken ceasar salad here & LOVED IT. i have been here several times. i cant find another one that is as good anywhere else. the restaurant was clean. people were nice. good with my kids. loved sitting outside on the water.

• Visited May 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Nice view, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The restaurant overlooks St. Joseph Sound and you can watch the boats come and go as you dine. If you are fortunate, you may get a glimpse of a dolphin swimming past, as we did. There is an indoor dining area where the tables are covered in white linen tablecloths with cloth napkins and live piano music in the background for the pleasure of those dining. Outside dining is also an option in the covered, open air, bar area.

We had the grilled grouper sandwich with french fries and the roasted half rack of lamb, which was served with mint jelly, along with mix of vegetables (asperagus, carrots and potatoes) and a casserole of shredded potatoes baked in cheese. Fresh rolls with butter accompanied the meals. The rack of lamb also included a choice of soup or salad and a small dessert. The grouper sandwich was very good and the lamb was excellent.

Sandwiches are in the $10 to $20 range and most dinner options are between $20 to $30.

New Port Richey, Florida, United States
“The Best Food the Best Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Bon Appetit in Dunedin Florida has the best food in town. Today we sat by the water for lunch. My onion soup was the best I have ever had. The side salad was delicious, fresh and had wonderful blue cheese dressing.
My friend had the grouper sandwich. WOW!! It was perfect. She had it grilled with a side of fresh fruit.
Sitting by the marina there was a nice breeze and a beautiful view of the water.

tmr1983, Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to first and foremost thank you for your feedback and for visiting us to enjoy our wonderful property. I enjoyed hearing you loved our famous Grouper Sandwich! Thank you so much for visiting our lovely property, and as a token of our appreciation, please respond to nbashimam@bonappetitrestaurant.com with your current mailing address as we would like to send you a gift to use for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you soon.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“food good portions/price not so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I haven't been here in a few years. I went with a group of 10, asked for table/tables by the window, but they seated us in the middle of the room. The food was good, some folks said real good others said it was Ok. but the prices were high and the portions were small. Good service, and the food came out quickly, but maybe that was because there was only a few other tables of dinners in the whole place (a Friday during lunch). They do not have a lunch menu it is the same as the dinner menu and they have daily and weekly specials. But the portions of the Friday Fish Special wasn't worth the price, The cole slaw and potatoes salad that came with it was only average. The person who ordered the lobster roll was very please and the person who got the fruit and cheese plate was also very please. The bread was good and they are generous with the butter. I used to love the this restaurant but I don't think I would go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
tmr1983, Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to first and foremost thank you for your feedback and for visiting us to enjoy our wonderful property. I apologize on behalf of our team for a less than enjoyable experience with the food selections and size. I would personally like you to know that I have forwarded this review to the Executive Chef here, as we take all of our feedback here very seriously. Thank you so much for visiting our lovely property, and as a token of our appreciation, please respond to nbashimam@bonappetitrestaurant.com with your current mailing address as we would like to send you a gift to use for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you soon.