“Calm, tropical retreat, away from it all.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 20% All Fall!
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Duck Key
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Calm, tropical retreat, away from it all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here just one night, but will be back. The resort has a wonderful "Old Florida Feel," casual, comfortable, and nice. My "Villa" was very comfortable, with its own private pool. Washer and dryer were up to date models. Decoration was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HawksCayResort, Manager at Hawks Cay Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Georgemia,

Thank you for your feedback and for your recent quick trip to Hawks Cay. Next time we hope you'll have the opportunity to relax here for a bit longer. We look forward to seeing you again.

2,626 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful pool area this was a great place for my friends wedding! The service was great there was something we weren't 100% happy with and we were refunded for it. The villas were very large with a full kitchen and laundry. Perfect for 2 couples or a family

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Merkoehn,

Thank you for your review of Hawks Cay. We're glad to have been a part of such a special occasion and are thrilled you enjoyed yourself. We hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Nine women rented a 3/3 Villa on the Water near the Hotel. We loved the amenities. If children were coming here is a park for kids with its own Pirate Boat pool which I thought would be great when coming back with the children. There are bikes to rent, jet ski's, spa services, and many more amenties. We enjoyed a separate adult pool area with cabanas and its own hot tub. The lagoon area next to the dolphin reseach area was wonderfully relaxing with many tiki huts to shade under. Starbucks coffee and snacks are on sale in the store. Limited gift store which when looking for a gift for our hostess left me empty handed. Spa services are available however the amenties of suana etc are only available when you purchase a spa service. Able to watch the dolphins frolick endlessly. Great peaceful time. Did have to go back to the main desk 3 times in order for the entry card to work before they sent out maintanence which I waited 20 minutes for. But since I had no kids to entertain I enjoyed the evening without much hasstle while I waited. Main pool was warm while the adult pool was a bit cooler.

Room Tip: if I were renting a villa I would choose the ones along Hawks Cay Blvd. Very easy walking distance...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear arena3jean,

Thank you for your kind review. It sounds like you and your friends had a wonderful escape here, and we're so happy to have provided it for you.

I apologize for the issue you encountered with your keycard, but am glad that you greatly enjoyed your overall experience here. I agree, I could sit and watch the dolphins frolick all day long...it's the perfect way to clear your head!

We hope to welcome you back soon, whether with family or friends.

Naples
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Nice resort, stayed there many years ago with our children, our 1st room that was assigned was over looking the parking lot, and A/C didn't work. We to the front desk and we were assigned a room overlooking the pool. Since the resort was pretty empty, I dont understand why they would give you one of the worse rooms.

Room Tip: we were suppose to have an island view, got a parking lot view instead, then got reassigned to a roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear thedoor164,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hawks Cay and for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your overall experience here.

I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your Island View room and that the A/C was not working correctly, but am pleased that the Water View was an acceptable upgrade for you. For the clarification of other travellers, Hawks Cay offers three "view" options in our guest rooms: Standard (non-view, no balcony but additional square footage), Island (balcony overlooking the resort property), or Water (balcony overlooking the Tranquility or Resort Pools with the ocean just beyond).

We would love to welcome you back again in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly as you plan your next trip to the Keys.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked one of the beach houses based on comments from other travellers. We weren't dissapointed. The house was very spacious with a fully equipped kitchen, a beautifull sitting room with big screen TV and very nice bedrooms with large comfortable beds. Two very clean bathrooms and an idyllic porch at the back with ocean views. Nice theme restaurant in the resort, reasonably priced, good food. We had a memorable swim with dolphins supervised by very friendly trainers. Ideal location to relax with stunning views and great staff members. Key West is not very far away and easy to reach from this location. Ideal place to chill and enjoy good weather in a unique surrounding.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We enjoyed a fun family vacation at Hawk's Cay towards the end of September 2012. The resort was pretty empty since it was down-time, and I am pretty sure that had a positive effect on our experience. No waits for anything and an eager staff waiting to please.

ROOM: We stayed in the villas because we needed a kitchen and two bedrooms for our kids. We got an ocean view which was very large and looked good until we saw our friend's room which was recently renovated and looked great (ask for a renovated room if you can)! Still we were happy with the room until on our second night our son found a HUGE cockroach in his bedroom. We called down and they were very quick to move us into a new, renovated room. I was told that cockroaches are pretty common in Florida so I tried not to sweat it and I didn't see another one for the rest of our stay. There is a huge screened in balcony which was fantastic to let the kids play on and also to be able to hang out and have a drink on without any bugs or mosquitos attacking.

KIDS: We took our kids (3.5 year son and 1.5 year daughter) and and were pleased to find that there was an activity every day at the Indies Club. So many resorts don't really have activities for kids under the age of 4 or 5, but Hawk's Cay kept our son busy every morning. He made different crafts (painted coconut, tie-dye shirt, shark tooth necklace...) that he could bring home as souvenirs. The Indies Club also has a pirate ship, splash pad, wading pool, basketball court, etc...the kids could have stayed there all day. They also offer a babysitting service. We had Ingrid almost every day, just to have an extra set of hands, and she was fantastic. Did cool crafts in the room and knew so many fun facts for the kids. Very kind and bubbly and definitely kept the kids happy and busy.

FOOD: They are lacking in variety. Only 2 restaurants were open when we were there, but I believe a new seafood restaurant is opening in December. Food at the restaurant by the pool was pretty good. Pricey but good. The other restaurant was pretty bad in my opinion, fried fish and fast-foody sit down, not high quality. I like comfort food as much as the next girl, but this was just not that great. They do make a great dirty martini though.

POOL/BEACH: Pool is beautiful, salt-water, great views, paradise. Ordering food and drinks by the pool was great. As I said, the staff here is awesome. Genuine warm smiles everywhere you go and eager to please. As for beach; they don't have a beach but a man-made lagoon. I personally didn't love it because once you swam in a little it got murky and that just creeps me out, but it is very pretty nonetheless. I would have preferred a real beach. We stayed at the pool and were very happy anyway.

SPA: The spa was small and didn't initially blow my sox off (I love my spas and have been to a LOT). It was clean, smelled great and the the women who greeted us were friendly. However, I had THE most amazing massage and facial, on 2 different occasions. These guys know what they are doing. I was in another world. I then came to discover that they have been recently been voted one of the top spas in the country by Travel and Leisure. Well deserved. I sent my husband for a massage and he came out melting as well. Def book a treatment if you get a chance!

All in all a solid trip. This place is not super luxe, but a fun getaway with the fam. Wish there was more variety as far as food goes. But it was a vacation where we felt relaxed and taken care of (thanks to our babysitter!). Fairly priced for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HawksCayResort, Manager at Hawks Cay Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear lyndahling,

Thank you for the thorough feedback of your stay at Hawks Cay. We're so thrilled to have provided you with a great family vacation. I will ensure that our entire team reviews your feedback, and I know it will be appreciated.

I'm glad you enjoyed the villa with the screened in balcony. It sounds like you may have stayed in one of our single story units in the Marina Village, which are also some of my favorites. A screened in porch basically adds a full room to your space. I apologize for the little visitor you had in your initial villa. It's true, in a tropical environment like ours, even the most thorough cleaning and pest maintenance program cannot fool Mother Nature 100% of the time. It is not an experience that we want our guests to have, however, and I'm so sorry that you did.

Ingrid is a gem (as is our whole team at the Indies Club) and I know she'll appreciate your kind words. I'm so glad your kids had a great time at the Indies Club and had a lot of fun craft souveniers to take home with them.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to host you again, as we have a couple of exciting additions coming in the area of dining. This week (November 16), the comfort food restaurant that you sounded a bit disappointed in is transforming into Tio's Cantina - offering authentic, fresh Mexican cuisine. Ocean, the restaurant that was under renovation during your stay, will open this December serving three meals a day and highlighting the coastal flavors of the Mediterrannean.

So happy you all seemed to enjoy so many of our amenities. Your comments on the spa were right on the money...Calm Waters Spa isn't large or over the top in design, but it's clean, welcoming, relaxing and the therapists are some of the best in the business. They are the reason why the spa continues to win awards, and we're glad that you experienced it.

Thank you, again, for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

South Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed in the Marina Villas to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday. There were 6 of us staying in the room - 2 young boys, ages 7 and 9, myself, my husband and my mom and grandfather (90 years old). We were in unit 6002 which was spacious and well appointed. The resort amenities are wonderful. The kids love the Indie's Club and played mini-golf, volleyball, basketball, made tye-dye shirts, etc. There were several nice heated pools to choose from for families. We also enjoyed the spa while we were there and a few of the restaurants. Great location - very friendly staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in Unit 6002 which has a den with a daybed and full bath on main level, with 2 bedrooms up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HawksCayResort, Manager at Hawks Cay Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear SKBRIGGS1,

Thank you for including Hawks Cay in such a special family celebration. We are honored to have been a part of it and so happy that everyone thoroughly enjoyed their time here. We hope to welcome you back for many birthday celebrations to come.

jennifer.dinan@hawkscay.com

Been to Hawks Cay Resort? Share your experiences!