I took my 14 year old and three friends to stay at a villa for the weekend. It was well turned out, clean, had a jacuzzi and enough room for the weekend. However, the two bedrooms/two baths would be a bit crowded for a week.. The Resort has a main complex with a beautiful view of the Bay, a small (very) lagoon where kids can kayak or ride a board ($20 and $10 for 1/2 hour) ; get their hair braided, tie dye t-shirts ($30)or even next to the lagoon, play or swim with the dolphins ($155 for less than one hour with like 10 minutes of swim time or $60 to be dockside). The main pool is just a lovely regular pool, but the fun thing is that they employ really nice people to work with the kids (including adult kids) to put on relay races or treasure hunts. My 4 teens had a lot of fun playing by themselves or participating in the competitions. In addition, there is the Indies Club which has again really nice people employed to supervise and play with the kids. There is a basketball court outside, a Pirate's Kiddie Pool for the under 12 crowd (although my crew were allowed to play at the end of the day when the little ones had departed) , another warmer pool and lots of games inside. They have a market to buy very overpriced food if you want to cook in the villas which you might want to do as the restaurants are pricey although we ordered two pizzas which at $13 apiece were good and not unreasonable as well as sufficient for the table with an appetizer. There is a lot of walking to do if you stay in the villas, but transportation is there if you call. I think that there are 6 pools in total with a great gym, tennis courts and a spa.
Altogether, it was a nice weekend, but not too inexpensive. I have stayed regularly at Disney Resort hotels which are probably comparable pricewise and do not have as much to do at the resorts in so far as activities outside of Disney parks.
- Also Known As:
- Duck Key Vacation Rentals Hotel Duck Key
- Duck Key Vacation Rentals Hotel
- Duck Key Vacation Rentals Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Duck Key Vacation Rentals offer everything you’ll need for a memorable Florida Keys vacation. Located just a short drive from Miami and Key West, Duck Key is home to extraordinary fishing and diving, exciting water sports, some of the Keys’ best restaurants, a full-service marina, award-winning spa & kids’ club, and a dolphin facility. Each unit features a full kitchen, comfortable living space, multiple bedrooms, private porches or lanais, tropical island decor, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Duck Key Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.