We booked our stay 3 months ago along with another family. Both of us requested to be near each other so our boys could play and fish and hang out. Turns out they don't honor those requests. We arrived but our villa was not ready so the check-in clerk said she would call when it was. No call. Hubby finally got us a villa. First thing I noticed - very shabby. Not what I expected with the "million dollar rehab" a few years ago. (Glad I paid 1/2 price or I would have popped a cork.) Cracked tiles, scuffed walls, old electronics, dirty sofa and a broken spa pool on the patio. The bed ruffle was filthy in the master and the bed creaked so badly my hubby and I woke each other up when we rolled over. There were red fingerprint smudges on the bathroom door and something icky brown splattered on the wall behind the toilet you saw when you brushed your teeth. (Yes, I have pictures.) Then our friends arrived. They were put in a villa 10 buildings away. Not close to us. (theirs was much nicer than ours - and clean.) I went to the desk and complained about the location and the dirty villa/broken spa/noisy bed. Told they were at 99% occupancy and could do nothing for us. He said he would send housekeeping - 3 days later we checked out with no one showing up. He said - since each villa is individually owned he could do nothing about the bed and spa. If you are booked for villa #7029 Harbourside, make sure they clean it. The lagoon is smaller than it appears in the pictures. Kayaks are $10 per half hour to rent which is absolutely ridiculous. The staff will NOT allow you to bring food or beverages to the pool or lagoon but don't worry. You won't be able to get a lounge chair as the guests arriving early throw towels on a chair for each family member and never return to the chairs. The staff does nothing about it. (A staff member told me to go move the towels and take the chairs. I told that was their job - not mine.) People circle around for a chair, can't find one and leave. It would be far smarter to let the kids use the kayaks for free and charge $10 for lounge chairs for the day. That way people would actually use the chairs. Overall, HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! If you want to stay at this resort (good for younger kids - my teen was bored as the "teen center" was a TOTAL BUST), book through homeaway.com or vrbo.com so you know what your villa will look like and you have someone to complain to who will make things right. It is not a bad place - just not anything like the pictures, overpriced unless you get a great deal and the staff is poor - except the doormen who were always there to smile, say hi and open the door. So I'm not totally "negative Nelly," the pools were nice (crowded) and the fitness center was well-appointed. Bring rafts and floats as they are allowed in the lagoon. Lots to do in the Keys so don't limit your stay to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Duck Key Vacation Rentals offer everything you’ll need for a memorable Florida Keys vacation. Located just a short drive from Miami and Key West, Duck Key is home to extraordinary fishing and diving, exciting water sports, some of the Keys’ best restaurants, a full-service marina, award-winning spa & kids’ club, and a dolphin facility. Each unit features a full kitchen, comfortable living space, multiple bedrooms, private porches or lanais, tropical island decor, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Duck Key Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duck Key Vacation Rentals Hotel Duck Key
- Duck Key Vacation Rentals Florida