“Wonderful, friendly place but average food.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 256 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood, Noodle, Thai
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We have moved to our new house at Plantation Plaza, in front of Marshall and Fresh Market in Destin. Still serving Authentic Thai food with additional Seafood line with Snowcrab, King Crab and Lobster Tail. Friendly service as always...!
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Wonderful, friendly place but average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The staff here is very friendly and most accommodating. However, I thought the food was average , at best. It did not have that fresh and crisp taste that most Asian restaurants have. It was OK, but just not something I would give a "Good" to. The bill for my one person lunch was $27 including tip for spring rolls, fried rice and tea. I thought it was way too high for an Asian lunch. I will probably not return since the price and food quality did not meet my expectations.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“Okay thai food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

After eating local food for last three days, my wife and I (along with my 4 and 6 year old) decided to try something different and spicy. This place has about 8 tables inside and about 12 tables outside. We decided to eat inside, I asked for the approximate wait time and the manager said, he does not know. There were two empty tables -- one with reservation sign and one corner table that needed cleaning. We waited for 10 minutes before we were seated at the cleaned corner table -- no issues with waiting, but I thought manager could have easily given us a ballpark number as the table only required cleaning. No one walked us to the table, which sometimes small restaurants don't. No issues, I picked the menu from the "reservation table". The food was okay, not bad but I have had better Thai food. Service was quick and three different waiters came to check on us for water and food. 18% Gratuity was included in our check, which I thought was odd. I have seen restaurants add gratuity for party of 6 or more, but I haven't experienced for party of 4 with two small kids. I would given the same or more gratuity because the service was good and food was not bad, but would have preferred if the decision was left to me, and not the manager.

• Visited September 2013
Destin, Florida, United States
“Not the best thai i've ever had, but still good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Cashew chicken was excellent! Pad thai was just okay. We normally visit Noonie's thai cafe, but we came here to try something different. Would definitely recommend Noonie's to anyone looking for some excellent thai food. Price is very affordable at jasmine thai, and service was very prompt.

• Visited August 2013
“Fantastic Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We wanted something before dinner that was not too heavy but tasty, so we grabbed some spring rolls. They were excellent. That sealed our choice for dinner the next night. I had the Peppered Pork and my wife had the Crying Tiger. The meat was perfectly prepared. It was delicious. While it's not some fancy place, the food is great and the servers were very friendly and did us well. If you've eaten Pad Thai that was 'Americanized' you may not like theirs, but I say just add your own spices! Everyone enjoyed their food, including 6 and 12 year old kids. :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stopped by for lunch. I had seen the positive reviews but was still pleasantly surprised. One of the best panang curries I've ever had. Very solid Thai for a touristy location.

• Visited July 2013