“Nice hotel, close to beach.” 4 of 5 stars

SummerPlace Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14047 Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Lexington, Tennessee
“Nice hotel, close to beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Check in was quick and painless. Desk clerks were great (stayed a week). Housekeeping was good.The room was clean and had a good smell. Daily contin. breakfast with waffles. Indoor and out door pools. Recommend

Its right on 98 and that road is very busy. You must cross 98 to get to beach, takes about 5 minutes to walk. Next door to Bubba Gump, Joe's Crap Shack and go cart track.

Room Tip: Ask for room on front. View of ball fields on back.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I wanted to say Thank You for taking the time after your vacation to share about your experience at the SummerPlace Inn. I hope that should your travels return you to Destin we are priviledged to earn your business again and are able to get you that front view of the Gulf of Mexico :)

Mistelle Langen, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here over spring break. We didn't want to spend a lot of money so we didn't want to be right on the beach for that reason. This hotel was a perfect distance from the beach without the expense. The view wasn't great (a baseball field) but that isn't important to my boyfriend and me. It is also right next door to mini golf, an arcade, and other fun. The hotel was clean and had a daily breakfast with a waffle maker. The hot tub was often crowded with college students but that wasn't a big deal to us either. We had a wonderful time in Destin and I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you so much for returning to TripAdvisor to share about your stay with us at SummerPlace Inn. Hopefully it has been a great year of studying hard and you will get a well deserved Spring Break vacation again!

Again, I sincerely appreciate your kind words and detailed review of our hotel and your experience at SummerPlace Inn. Best of luck in 2013!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My Friend has already wrote a review (Atrublkqueen),but I wanted to add to the review that the Hotel was Great but I felt as if because we booked through a third party they gave us a Bad view.A Room facing the back of the property.Which I really didn't understand because when we were there the hotel didn't have many people staying there.Other than the bad view everything else was Great......Dec 2012

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to follow up and share about your experience at the SummerPlace Inn. I am so regretful that you felt you received a downgraded room with a view from booking on a third party website. We value all of our relationships with such vendors and I can assure you we do not assign rooms based on channels of booking. All of our suites and all of our balconies are located on the front side of the building - leaving fewer standard rooms available. Unfortunately - sometimes this means that those rooms simply are not available as other guests are already in those rooms.

I want you to know that on your next visit to Destin I personally will assure you are able to have a room facing the front side of the building. Please contact me directly so that I can adjust your reservation to assure this.

Bedford, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My Friend & I took an impromptu vacay to Destin, Florida for my 35th Birthday! It was my 1st time visiting Florida & her 1st time in Destin. We found the SummerPlace In on Travelocity for a GREAT price & we received the 3rd night for free! We both truly enjoyed our time @ this the SummerPlace. Check-in was quick & painless. The Desk Associates were very friendly, in fact, the entire staff including the housekeeping staff was all very friendly. And both my friend and I both appreciated the kindness. The breakfast was impressive as I don't believe my friend expected waffles! Lol! And she was pleased with them, which made me, very happy! This location is very convenient to every thing! The Beautiful beach, the restaurants, and outlet malls. Both, my friend & I would definitely re-visit the SummerPlace Inn

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
First I would like to once again wish you a Happy Birthday! Thank you so much for selecting SummerPlace Inn as your destination to celebrate :)

I am so happy to learn that your birthday and your experience at SummerPlace were so wonderful. It's the best reward we can get - hearing that we helped make a memory special. Please know that should you return to Destin next year for your birthday, please call me directly so that I can extend a complimentary birthday upgrade as our way of saying thank you!

Mistelle Langen
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

First, you can't beat the price. I got a great deal through one of those "book it" websites during a "3rd night free" promotion! Traveling out of season probably helped, too.

The daily continental breakfast included: hard-boiled eggs, bagels, white bread, English muffins, corn flake cereal, fruit loop cereal, apple juice, whole or 2% milk (only whole left by Mon), peach or strawberry yogurt (only peach left by Mon), waffles, and a "surprise" breakfast option that differed every day. For us, we had biscuits with sausage gravy on Sat morning, oatmeal on Sun morning, and sausage patties and "folded" eggs (like on a McD's breakfast sandwich) on Mon morning. It seemed odd not to have scrambled eggs every day, but the most unusual thing was that there was no fruit. I would have enjoyed a healthy side with my heavy carb-loaded breakfast items.

This time of year the hotel was not very full, so we had the outdoor hot tub to ourselves several times throughout the weekend.

CONS:
Each day, my partner and I woke up with a new ache or pain from the pillows! Shoulder, neck, back pain. Who would think you could experience so much discomfort from bad pillows?!

Our tub had no kind of non-slip grip in place. My first shower there, I stepped in with my right foot and slipped, slamming my left shin into the side of the tub. It could have been worse, but I only suffered a bruise. I did make a suggestion to the hotel about it since I was staying in a room that is supposedly ADA-compliant.

All in all, I would DEFINITELY return. Nice rooms with fridge and microwave, indoor pool and an outdoor pool and spa, great price, friendly service. Recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of one of our great winter promotions. We pride ourselves on offering great deals while still offering exceptional service and product. I also want to acknowledge your experience with our pillows. It is from guests such as yourself that we are able to learn how to better serve our guests. We have recently procurred new pillows that we can offer as an option to guests such as yourself and we hope that on your next visit you will be pleasantly surprised by our new pillow options.

Again thank you for taking the time to share about SummerPlace Inn.

Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed 3 nights

Pros- Great value, renovation included new furniture & TV, housekeeping excellent-very clean rooms, comfortable beds

Cons- Inn showing age(minor), noise inside - (neighbors- 1 night only), noise outside - go-cart track at next door amusement park in operation; and small jets/aircraft flying over Inn to land at nearby airport - park could be distraction when in full summer operation; did not notice aircraft noise at night

Pros a plus; Cons minor

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing about your pros and cons experienced at the SummerPlace Inn. I see that you have posted several reviews - and I wanted to let you know that I sincerely appreciate your positive review - as someone who it is clear travels extensively - I (and I am sure our future guests) appreciate you taking the time upon your return from vacation to help ensure future travelers have the best experience they can. We sure hope to see you again in the near future!

preston uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This one of the few occassions TA research has let me down. The hotel is easy to find on US98 and is very impressive from the outside but let down by very indifferent service at reception. The front of the hotel is floodlit at night and it was not possible to close the "blackout" curtains to make a dark room. Ask for a room facing the rear; we were only staying one night and only recognised the problem when we returned from dinner at the excellent nearby "Back Porch" restaurant.
We were advised at check-in that the kitchen was being renovated and that only a limited breakfast service would be available, not a huge problem we thought. On the morning, at 9.00am, there was no breakfast at all, when queried at reception we were advised with a shrug of the shoulders that the order they had placed with an external contractor had not been delivered, On the basis that breakfast should have been available from before 8.00am why had the problem not been solved.
At checkout we asked for a reduction and the bill was reduced to their promotional room only rate.
The bedroom & bathroom were very good but an absence of management control and apparently disillusioned staff spoiled what had promised to be a great stopover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry that you were disappointed in your stay at SummerPlace Inn. I understand that while we were renovating our kitchen to allow us to offer an even larger breakfast selection, you felt this disappointment. I sincerely regret that. As such a busy hotel that runs full all year long, unfortunately we did encounter a hiccup in not having enough breakfast sandwiches one day. I hope that you were at least able to enjoy the McDonald's breakfast we offered as a back up solution. I also regret that we did not know of your curtain problem. There are actually three sets of curtains on our windows and I did confirm that all curtains and blackouts were in your room. Please know you are always welcome to contact the hotel with such issues while in house and we would assist you immediately with such a problem in the future so as not to have had to experience your frustration. Again, I apologize that you felt disappointed with your stay. I hope that should you be in Destin again you will allow us the opportunity to show you the level of service and quality that was written in the reviews that encouraged you to initally stay with us.

Mistelle Langen, General Manager

Been to SummerPlace Inn? Share your experiences!