“Dirty, disrepair and they should have paid people to stay there.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Dirty, disrepair and they should have paid people to stay there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

1 or the 3 worst motels we've every stained in. Ice machines broken, king size bed was worn and lacked any kind of support. Bed frame had large pieces of the metal side braces sticking out so far I had to put pillows around it to protect my lower legs from smashing against them. Cleaning staff was good and would get anything you needed. They could have been working in one of the resorts just as well and probably look into that option. Stairs leaked when it rained and broken concrete showed rust on the support metal below in many areas. Cost for 3 nights was ridiculous for a basic dive motel. I should charge Days Inn for having to endure the stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was received by a very friendly group of staff, no type of racism, the suite is awesome! I'm currently in the spa right now it's amazing!! And for such a good price. I'd come here everyday:) The public beach is literally 5 minutes away from the hotel. Everything is near by. And really good vibes!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great, heart of Destin location,beach access across the street. The lobby, with its brightly garish colors and ceramic elephants, reminds one of an excursion to the Far East. I can almost feel the swaying breezes of Calcutta,or perhaps Bombay....a little rough for my tastes.gravel lined truck stop in front yard, no breakfast. The good news? No stray dogs in the parking lot.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Troy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

Sheets were of low quality and itchy. Thermostat controlled in main office and room was cold during beach stay in Dec.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Fultondale, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

I would like to comment on the Hotel Staff. The young lady Crystal Ferrais was very professional on checking me in the hotel. The breakfast could be a little better on having some eggs. I would recommend to stay at this hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

For the price, I did not expect luxury or even fancy, so please don't think I haven't given fair consideration to the phrase "you get what you pay for". There are things of which you need to be made aware though.

The deodorant smell in our room was overwhelming. I realize that since this is a pet friendly hotel, using room deodorizers is probably necessary. I did not report this as it seemed petty seeing how we just checked into the hotel. We were charged an extra $20 per night for my mom's dog to stay. Just how much does air freshener cost?

The ice makers were not working on Thursday evening. I mentioned this to the hotel office person, and he said he would look into it. So far as I know, he said that and forgot about it. I never heard anything back.

The phone in our room DID NOT WORK AT ALL for our entire stay. I mentioned this to the hotel office person, and he said he would look into it (Thursday evening). So far as I know, he said that and forgot about it. I never heard anything back. I checked the status on Friday evening, NOTHING. I guess at this point he was hoping we would forget about it <??> I checked again Saturday, NOTHING. I gave up. At this point, I'd like to mention that we were traveling with our disabled mother. We had cell phones, but it would have been much easier for us to pick up the hotel phone and dial "0" if we needed something.

The toilet ran the entire time we were there. I mentioned it Thursday evening when I reported the ice maker and phone issues. The toilet clogged on Friday evening, the hotel office person did run down a plunger for us.

I'm very disappointed in the service we received. I can't even think of the last time I received such crappy service at any hotel. This room and service was in no way worth what I paid.

Room Tip: Pay $20 more and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Destin? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Destin

Address: 1029 Highway 98 east, Destin, FL 32541
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Destin
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#15 On the Beach Hotel in Destin
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Destin 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Days Inn Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Destin Hotel Destin
Destin Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Destin, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.