“Overpriced,under satisfied. ” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 39 hotels in Destin
florida
“Overpriced,under satisfied. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

always wary of the places with the " live in" management, I was less than satisfied with my recent visit there.compared to prices of the other hotels in the area you would be better to go elsewhere,imo. just kind of old, needs updating.there was nothing incredibly dramatic with my visit, I was just not really happy with it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Benton, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Dont pay first inspect rooms thoroughly before deciding its not new looks old and kinda smells in each room and make sure hot tub water is clean if you get that room if your a clean person my advice is negotiate for a cheap price cause its to dam high!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your effort and time in sharing your comments. We appreciate your review, which helps us better our services. I will pass your message on to the head of housekeeping staff, so these issues can be managed and resolved. On your next visit, please let the Front Desk now of any issues you may have with the room, so we can try our best to accommodate your then and there on the property. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Destin, FL. We appreciate your business. Thank You.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was very disappointed when I arrved to Days Inn in Destin Florida pulling into the driveway we were right next door to a truck stop, when we got to our room the first thing I saw was a dirty hand towel. the room was not updated as they told us over the phone and what we saw on their website. I did not see the jacuzzi tub, the phone did not work to call room service at all. they charge you the full price when you check in. I'm used to paying after my stay. so if i did change my mind that they already have charged your credit card I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. the breakfast was bad unless you like cold cereal. Pool is small and not working . Don't be fooled by the pictures

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Theresa J,

Thank you for taking some time out to write a review. First I do want to apologize for any inconvenience you had with your stay. The property next door is not a truck stop but also it is something we cannot control. Jacuzzi must be requested during check-in, and we would be happy to provide you a room with one at your next stay upon request. It is always best to call us directly for a reservation, so we can answer any questions you may have and accommodate any request you have during your stay. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our Hot Continental Breakfast. I did look into the pool for month of July we have not had any issue with our pool, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our pool facilities. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have during your stay, so we can accommodate you as best we can during your stay. We appreciate your business. Thank you.
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The location was great and the staff was very nice but the room was not very clean. We found a spider in the bathroom. The side of the air conditioner had multiple spider webs. We had to go to Wal-Mart to buy a can of Raid bug spray. For the high price, the room was not very clean as we expected... we will never come back again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Francisca47,

We appreciate your time and effort to provide us your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. We deeply apologies, Days Inn could not meet your expectations, but our team of staff strives to provide the best quality services, and customer care. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible with the room. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property and try our best to take care of the issues you may have with the room. We are located in the heart of Destin, so everything is within a short distance from our hotel, we love that you loved our location. Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. We appreciate your business. Thank you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were in town from Arizona for our sons wedding, the description showed that it was on the beach, not.. there was a very busy highway between the hotel and beach then you had to travel down to the public access area otherwise it was private beaches...The welcoming sign stated "Newly Remolded" I don't know what they remolded, but it was not the hotel, there were cockroaches in the bathroom, the toilet was not even attached to the wall and that was were the cockroaches were coming from, the rooms are very outdated and small, phone didn't work to call the front desk, then when you did see someone from the desk they were rude..upon checking out they stated that they use your e-mail address to send a receipt, it has been over a week now no receipt, our view from the room was two homeless individuals living in tents across from the parking lot, pool was not clean, breakfast was very basic and the homeless individuals would come and eat along with other people.... Never again will we ever stay at a Days Inn!!!!

Room Tip: Don't book here!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Casey N,

Thank you so much for your review. Our staff works very hard to make sure that we provide a great atmosphere and clean rooms at affordable prices. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions. Also summer is our busiest season in Destin, so traffic is something we are unable to control or assist. We are constantly monitoring the performance of all our employees against high service and quality standards. You can be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to ensure staff awareness and additional staff training where needed. Also it's best to call us directly when making reservation, so we can be assist to any question you may have prior to arrival, such as location of the property, beach access, and local fun things to do, as we are located heart of Destin, FL. Also, we apologies that you did not receive your receipt, still; it could be a typo on our end when entering your email address in our system. If you are still waiting on your receipt, please call Days Inn, and we will be happy to fax/email it to you. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible with the room. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property and try our best to take care of the issues you may have with the room. Currently Days Inn is in its renovating phase. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property. We appreciate your business. Thank you
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

When I looked at a map of this hotel it looked like it was on the beach side of Hwy 98, but it was on the other side of this extremely busy six lane highway. The best part about the experience was the front desk clerk who was very friendly and helpful. I didn't realize it until I gave the baby a bath that there is mold all around the bottom of the shower backsplash. Not to mention the carpets haven't been steam cleaned in ages leaving black marks on bare feet. The room attendants didn't put clean towels in the bathroom; they left them either on the desk or the bed for me to put away. I wasn't expecting chocolate kisses left on the pillow or the towels folded into cute little animals. The marque said "newly renovated"; I'm not sure where. I was very disappointed for the amount of money I was charged. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dmc0706,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions. Also summer is our busiest season in Destin, so traffic is something we are unable to control or assist. As of Days Inn, our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised to our housekeeping staff and will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. When you make your next visit please let the Front Desk Agent know of any issues you have as soon as possible with the room. That way we can ensure that we address any concerns at the property and try our best to take care of the issues you may have with the room. Currently Days Inn is in its renovating phase. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property. We appreciate your business. Thank you.

Been to Days Inn Destin? Share your experiences!