“Great Choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Great Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Currently at the Days Inn Destin, 1029 Hwy 98, and loving it. Rooms are clean, spacious with a touch of elegance! The breakfast served included, fresh fruit, biscuits, sausuage gravy as well as sausage patties, danish pastry, cereal, waffles, juince, milk, and more.
Very quiet during the day and evening. Days Inn has a nice pool area with a laundry facility for guests (great when on vacation).
Highly recommend Days Inn Destin!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
DaysInn32541, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Destin. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer a comfortable stay for an exceptional rate and I am glad we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing your again.:)
Veronika

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for somewhere cheap JUST to sleep then this may be ok. It's not the cleanest, bathrooms are SMALL and the lobby is, well, a little bizzare the breakfast was pretty decent, waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, biscuits and gravy, sausage and Danishes. It's just an older outdated hotel. It serves it's purpose for a day or two. Even at $89 it's overpriced for what you get. You're just paying for location.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days inn Destin. I apologize that your stay was not as good as we hoped it would be. We have made our staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure everyone has a good experience while staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Vacation Aug 23-26 Stayed here thinking it was like other Days inn we have stayed before but the first night we thought well we are hardly going to be in the room so we but aside the smell, a badly needed updated carpet and bathrooms. When sleeping and walking on the carpet we felt itchy. The friday night I found a lice on the towel and showed the night attendant. She gave us new towels, bug spray and $20 discount. She also offered to move us in the morning. I did buy lice shampoo the next day and are being treated for the lice. So this is what we brought back from our vacation. Beware~!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I honeymooned at this hotel 16 years ago. We have returned several times over the years. Our most recent trip was just a few days ago and everyone is always so nice. The rooms are clean and this hotel is near several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. The water park is also within walking distance and so is the go cart track.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the Days inn Destin. I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to having you stay with us again!:)
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 08/02/12 - 08/06/12 and it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. It had problems from the time I checked in. I had reservations for a king suit, I went in the room it wasn't a suit, I went back to front desk she had a very bad attitude and was goin back in forth with me about what I booked. then she told me ( well your reservation says u have a regular room) I had to pull up my confirmation from my email address showing I did have the king suit. Then I finally go to the room it was a mess, it had rust on everything, the hot tub looked like it been there for 100 hundred years the bathroom had a hole in the wall with a hot water heater for the hot tub, the bed and pillows is soooooo hard my body still hurt, it have pest in there, please I beg people don't stay there run away it's bad im not telling a story, the pictures on the website really fool you.It made me wish my vacation was over fast.

Room Tip: check out the room before you give them your credit card
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
I am very sorry that you were disappointed in your stay at Days Inn Destin. I apologize that your stay was not as good as we hoped it would be. We work hard to provide an exceptional hospitality experience for everyone but it can sometime be difficult to control all of our guests. We have made our entire staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure everyone has a good experience while staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
CABOT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great place to spend your vacation, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. Located right in the middle of Destin, close to the public beach and walking distance to the water park.I booked a room through Expedia and they messed up the dates, the room type, everything they could. The front desk accommodated us to the room we needed and whats even better they gave us the same rate we paid online!!! Service was great!!!! Mr.Patel, Veronica, Laura and Debbie you are wonderful people!!! thank you guys so much you made us feel like home! it was a great experience i would definitely recommend this to everybody!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DaysInn32541, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for your response. It was our pleasure to have your family share your vacation with our Days inn!!! We look forward to your next visit.:)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I travel to Destin - Ft. Walton Beach several times a year on business and am always looking for a good value. The Day's in sounded good but here is what happened to me. I was ironing my work shirts the first night there and the iron leaked dirty water that stained my shirts up the front along the seams where the button holes are. I showed the Manager first thing the following morning, and at first he said he couldn't see anything, but then he replaced the iron, and agreed to launder the shirts to remove the stains. That evening he brought back two stained shirts. Luck for me the stains could be covered with a tie, but they are otherwise ruined. I didn't see him again after that so I emailed him saying I would try a stain remover when I got home but I would want him to replace the shirts if that didn't work. When I got home, I tried to get the stains out on my own but to no avail. In total I emailed him 4 times over the next several weeks and never got a responce. I then called him and then it was like talking to a lawyer, with him saying things like I couldn't prove there was anything wrong with the iron, etc. Next I called Days Inn "Customer Care" and explained the situation. I said I had pictures and the shirtsand just wanted them replaced. They gave me a # and said they needed to use their internal process starting with the hotel. A week later I got a form email back refering me back to the hotel. When I called and spoke to a supervisor she said the problem was between me and the hotel and Day's Inn would not be able to help me.
Buyer Beware! There are lot's of choices in Destin, so avaoid this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business