“Kinda musty, big 1970's looking furniture...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Dallas
“Kinda musty, big 1970's looking furniture...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I don't know if most hotels in the area smell a little musty due to the humidity in Florida, but this one did. Had an issue with a group of 20-something's next door who were drunk and loud, I threatened to call the cops. Instead called the front desk and the person on duty said he'd talk to the roudies next door. Only stayed the one night, and this activity with the youngsters could have happened at any hotel.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I recently had business in Destin (from dallas)and my stay at Days Inn made it a pleasure too.
I found my room to be spacious, clean reasonably priced. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I would like especially thank Veronica at the front desk. Not only was she very helpful concerning locale information, she has a personality to brighten anyone's day. I'm looking forward to more business in Destin. Thanks for a pleasant stay...see u soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
DaysInn32541, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Days inn Destin and for writing such a great review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is good to hear that our valued guests are satisfied with the hotel's amenities and services. Hope to see you again:)
Veronika
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Days Inn is considered "the getaway" . It is family oriented, clean, reasonable rates, and a very
good , and welcomeing host, Veronica. The grounds are kept manicured well, with a very inviting pool for your activity pleasure. Nice quiet nights that turns into morning which breakfast is prepared to get your day started. What a pampering hotel!
Thanks,

James

• Stayed October 2011
Northeast Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I actually thought that I was not really going to like this Hotel because of the low rate I was quoted over the phone. The location was good for me because it was very close to my business destination. I found the guest service agent(Victoria)to be quite welcoming and gave me a free upgrade when I showed my Wyndam Rewards Card. My room was situated in a quiet area; the free wireless internet was fast and I slept soundly. The morning breakfast was convenient and when I heard "hello" I turned to acknowledge the Front Desk only to realize the Parrot in the Lobby was speaking to me.
Upon check out, the General Manager, Nash Patel was easy to converse with and I would most definately stay again when my business plans call for it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are quiet. The suite we stayed in was located on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
DaysInn32541, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Thank you for choosing Days Inn and we look forward to serving you in the future.:)
Lake Butler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We have stayed here twice. Service is great. Rooms are nice, with micro, refridge, iron, ironing board, coffee maker. Will be returning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! This place is poorly managed and extremely run-down and filthy. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy! We needed a room just to crash in before heading back home so this was the cheapest in the area @$150 per night (discounted just for us)?!? This place smelled like smoked dead fish. They tried to cover the smell by using a room freshener...needless to say we needed a gas mask to overcome the horrible smell! The linens were clean, however, the comforters looked like they hadn't been laundered for a month or two...could almost see what the previous parties had for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. :( We slept with the lights and TV on all night long to repell the critters we thought might be lurking. Long story short...my daughter left her cell phone in her bed there and one of their employees found it (said she found it "on the beach"), used it for her personal business for several days, never turned it in to the front desk...After a little research, we FINALLY got to the bottom of their lies...management got the phone back from her, never fired her butt, said they would send us the phone & to this day...HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE STOLEN CELL PHONE FROM THEM!!! Bottom line.....Save yourself a nightmare...Pay the extra $30 to stay somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Not Recommended!!! Keep Looking!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Florence, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The breakfast and location was the ONLY thing good about this place. It was located across the street from the beach. Walking distance. And the free breakfast was decent. It was the last motel on the beach, and I made the mistake of telling the girl that. Right at $200 a night!! Yes, made the mistake of not booking a motel. We first walked in the room, Wet floor right at the door from the air cond. unit, room was small, and didn't even smell of a cleaning agent or even of air freshner. We put our clothes on the bed and left. Killed a cockroach. Floor was not vaccumed, and the pot liner from the previous guest was still in the coffee pot. There is no one there to keep the people calm. 4a.m. and people was still partying LOUD.. Got up and opened the microwave and found crumbs from the previous guest. Found a cigar beside the TV. Recliner in the room was icky sticky. OVERALL, if your looking for a $59.99 room this is all you. I felt like I was getting hoo dooed because it was the last room on the strip and if I hadn't of just drove 7 hours, we would of went home.

Room Tip: The Days Inn of Destin, Only if its the last one left...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DaysInn32541, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Days inn Destin. We appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. We assure you that the matter will be looked into. For your inconvenience, we are offering 25% off your next visit to our Days inn.
Once again we apologize for any inconvenience we may caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your futere travels.

Been to Days Inn Destin? Share your experiences!