“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camp Gulf

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Camp Gulf
You added Camp Gulf to your Saves list
10005 Emerald Coast Pkwy., Destin, FL 32550   |
Ranked #17 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Powell, Tennessee
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We just got back and we LOVED this campground.The staff is ALL super friendly and helpful. Our site was perfect and we were allowed to park in the sand with our truck so it was fully protected from getting hit accidently.We stayed in 607 and loved every minute of it. Not much room for our little Molli to use bathroom but we made do. It is pricey but I understand why and it is a beautiful campground even though they don't have it landscaped as nice near the beach but with all the sand anyone should understand why. WE LOVED IT and hope to come back someday. Thanks to the staff for making our visit great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our motorcoach broke down on the way to Florida. We called Campgulf ten day in advance ( as soon as our back end of our RV went out). Long story short they were not willing to rebook us, and took our money with a smile on their face. We were willing to show proof of break down and how long it was to fix the problem, they didn't even want to hear it. So word of WARNING if you have a problem they will take your monies reguardless the problem.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dothan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

First of all, when I made reservations, the person I spoke with chose the site. I told her the size of our trailer and just let her put us where there was an opening. When we arrived, the whole park was pretty much vacant except for the beach front lots and the lots up close to the front entrance (which are the least expensive). They escorted us to our site and we were to be sandwiched in between two large motorhomes, and were instructed how tight (just inches) that we would need to back in, while the people on either side just sat at their picnic tables looking at us in disgust that they would have to move a little. Since it was just behind the beach front lots I asked to have a different site due to the sand and the fact that we had our dog with us. (animals are not allowed on the beach). they put us in one of the worst sites to back in and pull out. They said they were expecting 18 rv's the next day. Guess what? They never came. So we had a crappy site and overpaid since they charged us for a beach site. I knew there was no point in asking for a refund since I looked at the reviews while all of this was happening.
Now, this place is NOT kid friendly, even though they appear to be o the website. We had a 14 and 15 year old with us, and they were not allowed to do anything after dark. No bike riding, no basketball, (THEY COULDN'T EVEN CHECK OUT A BASKETBALL ON THEIR OWN!!!!!) I had to walk down to the activity center every time because you have to be 16 to do anything!!!!!! They were made to WALK their bicycles back to our camper once when it got dark while they were at the activity center!!!! I couldn't believe it!
The people who oversee the park are all retired couples who do not like kids, period. They just need to make this a park for older people only. It looks terrible. Some of the sites are sand, no concrete. Landscape is horrible. There is nowhere to walk your dog without them getting sandspurs in their feet. Also this place is severely over priced. We will never go back here. I strongly advise anyone thinking of going to the beach to go to Topsail Hill RV on 30A, or Emerald Coast RV in Panama City. They are both outstanding parks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PatrickONeill, General Manager at Camp Gulf, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you did not have the experience you expected. When I first saw this I thought surely this review was for the wrong park. The family that runs this park has 5 children that are home-schooled and in the park everyday. The Assistant Manager has 2 and they are here also. There are so many kids planned activities. However looking at the time of your visit it appears that you were here in January when there are many snowbirds here. This park has multiple seasons, and so you or others are not confused, this is mainly a family kid friendly RV park! Check out the pictures on the website, brochure, SUNNYBOOK, Facebook, ...everywhere. We have never had 18 RV expected to come in and they "Never came" as you said. Perhaps you missed seeing them. We do take reservations for specifically requested sites so that returning guests can get their favorite site. I would like to offer you the opportunity to return and enjoy the beach, safety, activities, and great campsites we offer at no charge. Just write to pat@campgulf.com and I will set it up for you!
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the week of Thanksgiving. It was incredible. Site and facilities are fantastic. The staff is top notch. Even had a huge feast and a Turkey Trot. We are going back for Spring Break and next year for Thanksgiving.

• Stayed November 2012
Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

15 years and counting! This place is awesome. My wife and I have been coming here for 15 Septembers now...always get a spot on the beach...why else would one be here? We have met so many great friends from all over the country and we make next years reservations (as a group now) while we are here. As long as Camp Gulf is here, we will return. The staff has always been friendly and helpful...even the year we had to vacate the beach due to a tropical storm. Flamingos everywhere...the more the merrier!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have two Service Animals for medical purposes and this RV Park refuses to comply with any ADA Laws or regulations. I will file a written complaint with the ADA upon my return home. I was told to get my dog out of the store when all the proper credentials were shown to the clerk. I was told we could not have a beach spot because we had dogs and were treated like substandard citizens. Melissa, the front desk clerk said she didn't get paid enough to worry if the park complied with the ADA. When I asked to speak to a manager or owner, she said all the managers had left for the day but found David, an Assistant Manager who said he didn't make the rules with a very non-chalant attitude. I wouldn't recommend this RV Park to anyone. The ADA regulations (www.ada.gov) supersede state, county and locate regulations, but somehow these people think they don't have to listen to anyone and treat people the way they want. I will not let this die on the vine, I will file every complaint I can with Federal, State and Local Government until these idiots know the ADA rules and regulations by heart and never treat another Disable person as a sub-standard citizen!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We made last minute reservations several days ago. They were extremely nice and went out of the way to make our stay a great experience As we were driving home we decided Camp Gulf was our new favorite beach campground and can't wait to see them again next year

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Camp Gulf? Share your experiences!