“Highly recommend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 hotels in Destin
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Highly recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

When my husband and I checked in last week we were disappointed that the bathroom and balcony were much smaller than we expected. It was a bit outdated and needed some tlc. I was going to go talk to the front desk to see if we had accidently been put in the wrong room since I couldn't understand why my balcony was so small and we were in the mid level grade room but I didn't want to start off my vacation with a complaint.
I wanted to make the most of it because I was the one who suggested we stay there. I told my husband lets stay the night and see how we feel about the place the next day.
Well, we were very pleased with the breakfast and lunch that they provided. But what we truely enjoyed the most was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and nice! They offered restaurant suggestions and even called and made reservations for us somewhere else!
We got severely burned so our remaining stay was not as enjoyable since we were on the 3rd floor and there aren't any elevators. It was hard getting around but that is our fault for not wearing sun protection.
I just want to say, if you go you will be very happy! I read that the other building is more updated so you may want to ask for that building but overall I think you will be glad you stayed there!

Room Tip: I read from other reviews that the building not attached to the check in is updated so I would sugge...

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Fort Myers, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We love Bed and Breakfasts and have stayed at many. This was one of the finest and had so many extras you wouldn't expect. I can't say enough about the staff. Every one of them was sweet and helpful and was willing to go the extra mile.

Breakfast was superb. The grits were the best I've ever tasted. Most days we had a pork grillades but on Thursdays they serve shrimp and grits that they teach us how to make on Wednesday. They also have a variety of fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, ham, yogurt, cereal, and the most amazing biscuits and gravy. They make Belgian waffles that are light and airy. And of course any type of egg or omelet you want. chef Greg serves everything with a smile and conversation.

You would think after eating all that, we'd be done for the day, but no! Then they provide you a wonderful box lunch from Honeybaked Ham and put out home baked cookies, lemonade and iced tea. There are refrigerators stocked throughout the facility with water, soda and candy bars.

At 4 it's happy hour with margaritas, wine,daquiris and beer. There are chairs and umbrellas provided for you on the beach and beach towels as well. They have bicycles that you can ride and nothing is extra. It is all just part of the service.

I struggle to imagine anything else they can do to make you feel at home.

A fantastic place to visit to feel relaxed and pampered.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights Nov 2012. All excellent except our room needed updating and maintenance. Filled out survey saying all was great except room, that we expected more for the very expensive price. I received an email from the innkeeper apologizing and asking us to come back and try them again. We are here for three nights in the newer inn with a lovely room.
We cannot say enough about this all inclusive inn as no one under 25 is permitted so the atmosphere is pleasantly quiet, the full breakfast with eggs to order wonderful, the HoneyBaked box lunches a treat, the view of the Gulf right outside our balcony superb,happy hour drinks delightful, the staff and chefs incredible. This will be our annual go to place as I can't imagine a more relaxing inn with better service on this part of the coast. Thank you Ryan for our return visit!

Room Tip: Gulf side a must! Newer building has elevator if you have trouble navigating stairs. Just a short wa...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is a gem in Destin! We love coming here every year! The staff is beyond fantastic!!! Very welcoming!! The rooms are beautiful and have a welcome bottle of wine...:) the Tiki bar is the place to meet in the afternoon! The Beach Walk Cafe has the very best breakfast in town with Chef Greg!

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful staff and service with exceptional views but the room was disappointing. We stayed for 2 nights in the Executive Suite expecting a suite, just 1 room with chairs on opposite sides of the bed. DVD's offered but the tv was so small and outdated it wouldn't be enjoyable. Bathroom especially small with small mirror, not enough room for 2 people, toilet didn't work properly without holding handle down. We expected luxurious amenities as advertised on web site. The lobby and dining area only updated part of the inn. We had to walk outside to get to the lobby or restaurant and there is no elevator. Definitely not a good value and we won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is the nicest hotel in Destin by far. Although the hotel is small the rooms are very spacious. The location is ideal; the rooms are beautiful; the restaurant is terrific and the service is just right. This place is a real find.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

While everyone there was so friendly and nice the room was pretty expensive for being a bit outdated. No real working wifi, really old decor and the smallest TV I've seen in years. They do have nice touches like a bottle of wine in your room and a lovely quiet location. The breakfast was amazing from a quaint dining room with great views.

• Stayed April 2013
minimotor72, General Manager at Henderson Park Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I am extremely sorry you did not see the value in your stay. Please email me, rolin@hendersonparkinn.com or call me 850-269-8646 to discuss, as we normally have rave reviews, and I want to make this right with you.
Thanks,
Ryan Olin
Inn Keeper
Henderson Park Inn

Been to Henderson Park Inn? Share your experiences!