“Great location and great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Silver Beach Towers Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1048 Highway 98 E, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Glasgow, Kentucky, United States
“Great location and great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Normally, my family and I stay around the Gulf Shore Dr. area of Destin when we vacation, however this time we explored out and stayed down the beach a few miles. I'll say, it's definitely worth it! We went during Fall season so the room we stayed in was only $1300 for 6 nights, and for the view we had, it was well worth it (18th floor). The beach is private to Silver Beach guests only, which was nice because it wasn't too crowded. The condo itself (1802 West Tower) passed my cleaning inspection, and was supplied with plenty of towels. The only downside the whole week, was the Dryer went out around the 3rd day. We called to get it fixed, however it wasn't going to be able to get seen until we had already left. That was kind of a downer, but nevertheless, we just hung our clothes out to dry. The view from the balcony was amazing (we were about 180ft up) and I never once saw any neighbors our whole trip. I am assuming we had the floor to our self. The elevator was fast and the amenities (pool, beach entry, etc...) were nice. We will definitely consider staying here again for future Destin vacations!

Room Tip: The higher the condo, the better the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin C, Manager at Silver Beach Towers Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your most recent stay with us at Silver Beach Towers. We are very excited to hear you had such a great time and enjoyed our luxury accommodations. We do apologize about the issue with the dryer but we are glad to see it didn’t ruin your vacation! Thank you for your business and the positive review. We can’t wait for you to come back and visit us!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kabul, Afghanistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

First let me start off by saying we had a great time; the view was wonderful, the beach and pool area was great; and we are taking some fond memories with us. I did however have some problems with the room. The layout was fantastic and very functional and we had plenty of space for six adults and four babies/toddlers. However, the room was not prepped to my satisfaction, or at all. As a homeowner I understand the requirement of periodic maintenance; mechanical things break/wear out eventually. That being said, if I were renting a place for over $400 per night I would perform my due diligence and ensure everything from the carpet, tile, a/c, and appliances were all clean and in good working order. Our refrigerator, even at the highest setting, would not properly cool our food. After pulling off the front grill, we found that the coils were covered with years of dust/lint build up. We cleaned the coils as best we could and it seemed to help. Also, we couldn't use the water dispenser because the filter needed to be changed. Recommend maintenance people include this cleaning in their checks or simply once per year would be more than adequate. Again, not what one expects from a $400 per night room. The next issue we encountered was random small pieces of broken glass (4) on the tile in the kitchen and on the carpet in the living room--clearly from a broken drinking glass from a previous stay. We vacuumed daily sometimes twice as we had small babies running around. This morning, 16 August, we found a common pin on the carpet under the couch--not something I want my 15 month old son eating. The carpet was also in dire need of a shampooing as there were visible stains in a few places. Lastly, the living room sliding door locking mechanism needs to be adjusted.

We stayed from 10-17 August 2013. I spoke with a supervisor from Compass Resorts (I think) who frankly was quite accusatory in her tone and made our room situation seem like it was our fault and not property management's. I received only what seemed as an insincere apology from the supervisor. When paying a premium price for a service one expects premium customer service. I will not be giving this company my business again. I provided them a chance to rectify the situation and they did not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed in the west tower, 8th floor on a corner so we had beautiful views! The building sat back a little bit from the condo's to the west so didn't get a sunset view but loved everything about the condo and the building. The front desk was very welcoming and got right on the few little items that came up. I've stayed in Destin for over 20 years always at a different places but my friends and I agreed we'd probably stay here again next year. We've never had better service from the condo staff as we did here. Thank you for a very pleasant vacation!

Room Tip: I think the condo we stayed in was 806. The furnishings were not my taste, especially for a beach, b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Benjamin C, Manager at Silver Beach Towers Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at Silver Beach Towers. We are very pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed our luxury accommodations. We pride ourselves in customer service and strive to exceed all of our guests’ expectations.

We greatly appreciate the positive review and your business. We look forward to hosting you and your friends again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed in room W1004 in the west tower. The room is gorgeous and so clean. It has 1 king room with balcony doors with its own master bathroom with windows that you open to the bedroom to get the sunlight in. Huge walk-in closet. The 2nd bedroom has a king bed with balcony and another full size bath. The 3rd room has two twin beds but you can push them together to make a queen size. Then there is another full size bath in the hallway. There is a laundry room and a closet in the front to store pool and beach toys and rafts. There is also a queen size sleeper sofa. There was every kitchen appliance, dish and utensil that you could possibly need. They even supply laundry detergent, trash bags, and soap for dishes for 1 night so you don't have to run out to the store the first night getting in. With your room, you get 2 beach chairs and 1 umbrella but be sure to get the app and reserve your location up to 7 days before or you will be in the back row of the beach chairs. Our view was breathtaking on our huge patio. We went with 8 adults, a 4 & 7 year old, and an 11 mth old and we had lots of room for all of us. I would highly recommend this condo.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin C, Manager at Silver Beach Towers Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Silver Beach Towers. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family had an amazing stay with us. We pride ourselves in our luxury accommodations and are so glad you enjoyed them.

We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a number of issues with this resort, which started with the 4-6pm check in time. When you are driving 7+ hours to the beach, it is hard to coordinate an arrival time when there is a 2 hour time window for possible check in. We arrived at 4, and after some unpleasant exchanges with the lobby staff, we sat by the pool with a family having the same experience until 5:15. The rooms hadn't even been cleaned yet, and the evidence was obvious when we were allowed to check in. There was used soap in the bathrooms, hair on the sheets/towels...so on. However, the room itself, despite the uncleanliness, was really great with a good view of the gulf! Now the provided the chairs on the beach are another story. They have some bizarre rules about reserving your seats online each day, and you're not allowed to move the chairs or even touch the umbrellas. Destin was great, but the stay didn't exactly match up.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 1 or 6 will be corner units.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin C, Manager at Silver Beach Towers Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for staying at Silver Beach Towers. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our luxury accommodations. However, we are disappointed to hear about the troubles you encountered. Although we are not the onsite property management company I would like to apologize on their behalf. What you experienced is not typical of the company and I assure you the proper departments have been notified.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity of hosting you and your family again at Silver Beach Towers.
Ellettsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is our second time staying at Silver Beach Towers. The reservation staff were amazingly helpful and really made me feel as if they wants me to stay with them. Heather and Christina deserve a pat on the back. The Condo was beautiful. The only complaints I have was when I arrived the ice maker wasn't working in the unit. I called the front desk and she not only seemed inconvenienced with calling maintenance I finally had to insist on it. When I returned to the unit and pulled out the ice maker tray, I found a switch on the back had been switched off. I switched it back on and called the front desk. Her remark was, "the housekeeping staff can not be expected to check that switch in every unit." So I guess it was okay we were inconvenienced by no ice for half a day. After the second day I went to the front desk to ask a question about the area, HE was to busy on the phone arguing with a friend to stop what he was doing.
Thus saying this, the condo was beautiful, just needs better front desk staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael M, Manager at Silver Beach Towers Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are happy the reservations staff was helpful and inviting. Heather and Christina got that "pat on the back" as a result of this review. While we strive to ensure our Front Desk is always attentive and accommodating to our guests' needs, we obviously feel short of our goal in this instance. We apologize and appreciate the feedback. It will be used constructively to improve on our service delivery.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just spent another incredible week at Silver Beach Towers!! Our unit was beautiful and the 14th floor view was breathtaking!! We always love the clean beaches and white sands of Destin, but Silver Beach is the best of the best in Destin. The beach chair service worked out great and the staff is very friendly. Everything was above and beyond!! Another great, great week in Destin!!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have incredible views!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Silver Beach Towers Resort? Share your experiences!