“ALWAYS GOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Atlanta, GA
“ALWAYS GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We had stayed at the resort before HarborWalk was finished, and loved it then, so decided to go back when we headed to Destin for a family wedding.

Originally, they had us in the wrong room category, but they were quick to correct it when I called it to their attention. Room was not where I had wanted, but was still a good view of Destin and the harbor.

Breakfast food was good, sandwiches at the pool were good . . . and the drinks were outstanding! I have to entertain a lot for business, and I can honestly say that the bartender made the best Bloody Mary's and Mojito's that I have ever had anywhere!

The only bad thing about the resort is that they have a lousy beach that you have to talk a ferry to. Fortunately, they have a great pool! Other than that, you really can't find a better place to stay in Destin.

We will go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

This is a first class, four star place to stay. Everything is there....fun, food, and shopping. You never have to leave the grounds. The price is great too!!! We can not wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Emerald Grande for 3 nights to celebrate a friends wedding, also at the resort. The resort was both comfortable and convenient in its location to local restaurant, shops etc. In all our dealings with the resorts staff, they were polite and welcoming. We liked the fact that the accomodations are of condo style, so we could supply ourselves with breakfast foods, etc. which saved a few bucks. We enjoyed the pool area and the resort beach area, that they transport you to via a 3-4 min. water taxi ride. The fitness center and spa were both also very nice and had all the equipment and sevices that you could need. We would like to travel to this area again and we would choose the Emerald Grande as our choice of stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

The accomodations were beautiful, the staff courteous, and the view spectacular!

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Everything here is great except for the private beach. Instead of being able to walk to/from their private beach, you have to wait for a water taxi to pick you up/drop you off. Then when you get to the beach, it is a total disappointment. It's a narrow stretch of sand which was dirty, there were hundreds and thousands of little fish swimming right at the shore, and there is no easy way to get to the restroom! You have to call and wait for the water taxi to pick you up and take you back to the resort.

Also, we ran out of paper towels and when we called to request more, they said they do not provide additional paper towels. Are you serious?? We spent over 2k for the room and can't even get more than one roll of paper towels??

Other than those 2 complaints, everything else is great. The harbor walk is convenient since you don't have to drive to get a bite or drink (great for families or big groups). The outdoor pool is great for kids since it's shallow and has a wide beach entry.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Biloxi, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I recently stayed at the EG in one of the 3 BR/ 3BA units facing the ocean on the 3rd floor. I thought I would want higher but they explained that the 3rd floor is actually 7 stories high since the parking garage in 4 stories underneath the unit. THE VIEW WAS TO DIE FOR! I saw some complaints from people about Hwy 98 traffic noise that stayed on the north side so I made sure to get the ocean view. It was well worth the expense. Dolphins swimming in the morning during coffee and shortly before sunset within plain sight. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. The balcony was HUGE! At least an 800 sq. ft. wrap around balcony that went from one master bedroom all the way around to the other. We could have had 100 people on this balcony and that is no joke. My view allowed me to see at least a 200 degrees unobstructed. I could see past AJ's to the West and all the way past "Crab Island" over the bridge to the East.

Location, Location, Location! This place is smack dab in the middle of the best spot in Destin. This location is where almost every rememborable postcard of Destin is taken. Within walking distance of so many great things to do and that's a plus especially if alcohol is involved. Do NOT drink and Drive in Florida! Come here on vacation, leave on probation is the saying they have down here. No, I didn't get a DUI. I don't drink and drive.
I didn't use the restaurant but I did have some food by the pool and it was fantastic. The pool is nice but not the greatest I've seen. It met my needs and there was no shortage of towels or lounge chairs and that was a plus. A nice breeze always seems to be moving through the units. I think that was a design idea and it was appreciated.

The gym is very nice and the staff is wonderful. I used it almost everyday. Oh well, I hope that helps. I've traveled the world many times and this was one of the most enjoyable stays with the most incredible views I've had in a while. So peaceful and beautiful. I stayed in unit 305 on the east side. I felt like a million bucks from the moment I walked into this unit. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

My wife and I just spent the weekend at the Emerald Grande resort. This was our first stay at the Emerald Grande. We live in Pensacola, FL (about 1 1/2 hours West), and we like to visit Destin once a year in the Fall or Spring. We have stayed at many of the resorts and hotels in Destin, SanDestin, Fort Walton, Pensacola Beach, but this was the nicest resort of all those. It is perhaps the most expensive as well, however.

We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom unit with bunkbeds on the 10th floor that had two balconies overlooking the pool, the Gulf of Mexico and the bay. All of the furnishings and fixtures were top class, and the room was very clean. The kitchen had top of the line appliances as well if you prefer to cook your own meals. We ordered room service from the resorts grill, and it was delivered quickly and tasted great.

Amenities include an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, pool side bar/grill, spa and fitness center. There is also a private beach that is just for hotel guests that is only reachable by a water taxi operated by the resort.

Adjacent to the property is the Harbor Walk Village which provides shopping, restaurants, and water activities such as dolphin cruises, waverunner and pontoon boat rentals, snorkeling and fishing. I'd highly recommend "The Shed" for some great bar-b-que.

Emerald Grande is located on the west end of Destin, which means you have to drive through Destin to get to any other activities you want to do while in Destin, such as waterparks, Destin Commons or Silver Sands Factory Outlet. This means some long drive times during the peak summer season.

The staff were helpful when we had questions but could have been friendlier. Check in was quick and easy.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for an upscale place to stay while visiting the beautiful white sandy beaches of Destin, FL.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village? Share your experiences!