“Multiple service issues ruined experience” 3 of 5 stars

10 Harbor Boulevard, Destin, FL 32541   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Omaha
“Multiple service issues ruined experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
nice kitchen even though it was sparsely equipped
Nice pool
Well furnished rooms
Cons:
No beach access without taking ferry
Little to do in harborwalk village
Staff is terrible - maids are rude, front desk does not seem even slightly interested in delivering customer service
Very spotty free Internet

• Stayed August 2013
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Bobbarrenger,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I apologize you had some issues with the staff and service while you were visiting. I am unaware of your particular situation and regret that we were unable to resolve your issues while you were still here on property. I encourage you to contact me directly at (850) 424-0631 or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com so we can discuss your stay and concerns more in detail. I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,
Victoria Wyatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A great facility with a great pool and bar area, close to the beach and shops and restaurants. The suites were large and felt like being at home. The shops are right with the facility, Underground parking is easy to use, and the Harbor Walk is right outside, with lots of shops and places to eat. The ferry to the beach was a little slow on picking us up for our return, but that was the only glitch in the whole 3 night stay..

Room Tip: Ask for a gulf side room with a view of the Bay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our trip to the emerald grande. I agree with the other reviewers that they must do something about check in. It took almost 2 hours by the time or room was ready and luggage got upstairs. Once in the condo was beautiful for our family of six. The master bathroom shower leaked by the door and flooded the bathroom floor every time you took a shower. We told housekeeping, but nothing done so used extra towels on the floor to try and stop it. On our last night my wife slipped on the wet floor and threw her back out. Told the front desk, still nothing. On checking out in the morning, they did let us use the hotel wheelchair to get her down to the car to check out. This isn't the type of service I would have expected from this resort. The overall area of Destin is nice and good restaurants all around. The music coming from coyote ugly is very loud and could be heard in the room ( if booking ask for the west tower not the east). The beach was nice and didn't mind the boat ride over to it. The boat runs constantly so it was very easy to get too. The pool overlooking the gulf is nice, but too small for the number of people at the resort.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Marc N,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Emerald Grande. I apologize you experienced some issues with your condo. The particular unit you had is an ADA unit. Therefore, the master bath's shower is designed as more of an open floor plan where water does sometimes spread throughout the rest of the tile floor. I do recall receiving this concern from someone in your party so if I am not mistaken, one of my staff members went to the store to pick up a slip resistant bath mat to assist with the wetness that you were concerned about. However, I was completely unaware your wife had slipped. I am very sorry about that and I hope she is doing alright. Thank you again for your review. We appreciate any feedback we receive from our owners and guests whether it be positive or negative as we value it all. If there is anything you would like to discuss further please contact me at (850) 424-0631 or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com.

Warmest regards,
Cibolo, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The check in time is 4pm. Everyone was there waiting and the check in process was not bad, but they only have two valets to assist everyone- and you are not allowed to use their carts. After check in we waited aver 90 min for the valet as almost everyone was staying for a week, they not only had luggage, but food for the week so the valets had to make 2 trips for most people. And it was the same on check out-only 2 valets and we went down an hour early to check out and he didn't arrive till after 10 (check out is 10 and if you check out after 10 they charge $35 for the first hour and $100 for every hour after). We left my son in the hallway with the luggage and went down to make sure we were out by 10. Also, after checking in we found large clumps of hair in the shower and bath tub. We called and asked for someone to come clean and no one arrived for two hours so we went to dinner, but complained to the manager on the way out, who said to stop by on the way back in which we did. He asked us to take pictures of the stuff and send it to him, which we did. By this time it was 10pm and he told us that now there is no one to clean that late, said he was sorry but couldn't do anything (not even take some off the bill). He did bring up a cheap bottle of wine later, but that didn't help with the hair. For the price of this hotel (over $400/night) you would think they could have a cleaning person available at any time. Also- why cant they hire more people to assist as valets at the busy time, They know everyone checks in at 4 and out at 10, just hire some hourly people for those times, not a big decision and the guests would be much happier. While the rest of the rooms were large and comfortable, we will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Karyn W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize you had trouble getting assistance with your luggage. We normally do not receive any complaints with bell staff as we always have several bellmen (depending on the volume) on duty from 7 AM to 11 PM daily. After those hours our security staff is great with assisting our guests and owners so we may always be able to help with luggage or room moves around the clock. I want to apologize for the issues you had with cleanliness in your condo. I will definitely make our housekeeping manager and staff aware of the situation as well if they are not already so we prevent this type of thing from happening in the future. We are grateful for all the feedback our guests and owners provide for us so thank you again for taking the time to write a review. If there is anything you would like discuss further in detail I encourage you to contact me at (850) 424-0631 or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com.

Regards,
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The rooms and service were equally amazing! Once we got used to the elevators and how to get places, it was easy and quick to ride down for a cup of coffee at Starbucks, dinner at one of the many great restaurants, or jump on a wave runner. There are so many things to do on the Harbor and this is the place to stay so you can take advantage of them all. The staff is very helpful from the housekeepers to the bell hops. The room was clean and had everything you could need on a vacation. Having a washer and dryer was great since we don't a lot of time on the water. The beach is very nice and the short 5 minute boat shuttle ride was even fun! I know this is the place I will return to when I visit Destin. The spa is wonderful too!

Room Tip: Our room was on the Grand Vista level and we could walk right out our patio to the pool. We loved th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear girlsmama,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed yourself during your visit to Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village. It is truly a pleasure assisting our guests and owners to ensure their stay is as "grande" as possible. We look forward to your next visit!

Cheers,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The rooms were beautiful but we had reserved the condo in Jan. we were told we would get a king and 2 queens but got a bunk bed a queen and king. 2 industrial size fans were going in condo due to water coming in from condo above had to be on for 24 hours and they were loud!. Only offered us 1/2 a day off. Nice place but wouldn't come back again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Chefnchauf,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Emerald Grande. I want to apologize again that your unit had a dehumidifier placed in it upon check in. However, if I recall correctly, we were able to move you within the hour of check in as you requested to a unit with three full beds and no dehumidifier. If I can assist with anything further please let me know as I would like for you to give us another chance. You can contact me at (850) 424-0631 or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com.

Best,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here in June with another family. We had a three bedroom condo. The third bedroom wasn't really a room but it had a set of bunkbeds. The view was great and so was the location. The only down side was the boat ride to the beach. This was kinda a hassle because we had to carry all the beach stuff over there. Super awesome hotel with great service!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village? Share your experiences!