“I love it and will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 57 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Thomasville, Georgia
“I love it and will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This place is gorgeous. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful. Location, location, location. Parking is free which was a shock. My two bedroom condo was emaculate. The view was awesome. There is nothing I didn't like.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our family celebrated New Years at the Grand for the second year in row and as always it was wonderful. We had a great balcony view of the fireworks, ball drop and of course the harbour and gulf of mexico. We had young children with us so we enjoyed the street party with the kids fun for them and for us. My grandchildren have decided that this is now a family tradition so our New Years for 2014 is already reserved. This is one of the best hotels with one of the most awesome views. Anyone would enjoy it here with restaurants and activities right outside your door. The staff was excellant. We could not have asked for better.

Room Tip: I loved the corner unit with all of the natural light not to mention the large balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Joanna T,

Thank you for being such a loyal customer to Emerald Grande and including us in your New Years Eve family tradition. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our unique New Years Eve ball drop and fireworks. We truly look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,
Victoria Wyatt
MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed 8 nights at Emerald Grande. We were in a corner unit (3/3 BR). The views were incredible. Loved that we were able to take elevator to restuarants, shops & harbor. Spent lots of time in heated pool, hot tub & sun deck overlooking the pass. Staff was friendly & helpful. Awesome room service. All & all a great vacation with lots of relaxing options!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed in many of the nations best hotels and have not found a place as nice and friendly as the Emerald Grande. The facility is excellent, views of Gulf unsurpassed, and the staff is the most competent and friendly I have ever seen. We stayed in the 4 bedroom, 4 bath East Wing. Parking is easy, spa is awesome, exercise room complete, beds are of quality, pools beautiful (heated and it was cold) and hotel is next to all the activities one needs. Great place to stay...

Room Tip: Face the water, corner balcony
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at your resort over the Christmas Holiday. We had a beautiful one bedroom condo. The view of the bay was wonderful and the details throughout the unit were just perfect. Our stay was only 5 nights, but we wished we could have stayed longer. We will definitely recommend this property and hopefully can come back to spend another winter holiday here. It was just perfect!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Dagleys,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Emerald Grande on TripAdvisor. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your Christmas vacation with us and truly look forward to your next visit.

Cheers,
Victoria Wyatt
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our family annually books at the Emerald Grande to bring in the new year and are never disappointed. This year we had the most gorgeous condo on the 7th floor, corner unit, and the fireworks display was incredible to view from the balcony. The staff was courteous at all times and the food and service in the grand vista dining area was excellent. We always enjoy a comfortable stay here and will continue to stay here. My granddaughter, the most important family member, really did have a wonderful time too. WE LOVE DESTIN!

Room Tip: Corner balcony suites cannot be beat, either in summer or winter.
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

As with most hotels and resorts you sign an agreement to cover any damage that occurs during your stay. In this case we discovered that the microwave was damaged and didn't work properly on the third day of our stay. We asked that the maintenence staff check it out and they confirmed that the equipment showed long term damage and was probably caused prior to our check in. There were parts missing that were no where to be found as well.
They said they would replace it asap and the next day they did so.
Upon checking out I discovered they charged my CC $900.00 for that replacement microwave. I complained to the desk attendant and asked for the manager but they said that person was not in. I asked for them to contact me regarding this matter and they never did. I asked for paperwork to justify this charge and they totally ignored my request. I was never able to discuss this with any member of management to this date and when I disputed the charge on my CC they presented the original sign in documents as their justification for the charge.
I could have easily have said nothing but chose to notify them of the problem. So this "honesty" cost me $900.00.
Due to this incident and total lack of respect for my questions and inquiries I will NEVER reccomend that anyone stay at this place.
And I CERTAINLY will not do any busines with them. This was the second year we stayed here but this will be the last.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village? Share your experiences!