“Wow, the view and accomendations are simply beautiful. Great location with nearby restaurants and shopping.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village

You added Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village to your Saves list
Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
10 Harbor Boulevard, Destin, FL 32541   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We had such a wonderful experience we are going back for my birthday. The decor of the condo we were in was beautiful but the view was amazing. And just for us (I'm sure) they had fireworks. I can see why the Grande stay booked. Loved it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria W, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear Joanna T,

Thank you for submitting your kind review. We are glad you were able to enjoy the fireworks display. We're glad to hear that you and your family had a great time and we look foward to seeing you on your birthday.

Best regards,
Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I decided to stay at this property based on the 5 stars review on this website despites some of the recent negative reviews in July, 2011. I thought after those bad reviews, the management and the service at this property will improve by the time we arrive.

The reservation receptionist was terrible when we checked in at the hotel. Customer service was horrible. Management was terrible and unreasonable. They did not know or even want to please their customers. Even after you gave them a complaint, they would deny their wrong doings and acted like they did everything correctly.

If you want to stay at this place, take a video camera and videotape everything if you want proof of your complaint. Also, do not expect to send your complaint to the top management because after several going around in the circle, no one can tell me who owns this property. From some google search, I thought the property was taken over by the Wyndham Vacation Clubs. But after several contacts, no one wants to give me the correct information of who their president, board of advisor, or their investors are to send my complaints.

I even contacted my attorney and the advise is...since the property is in Florida, I might as well forget about filing a lawsuit to claim my money back!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not in the back somewhere...if you are a Bookit.com customers.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JamesRoberts40, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear jbn60,

Thank you for submitting a review about your stay with us. I did notice from some of your other reviews that the stay you are describing is from back in August during the Emerald Cost Poker Run, also referred to as boat week. I would like to apologize for the reception you recieved upon arriving at our property. All of management, myself included, find that as unacceptable, and that type of welcoming does not reflect the culture we have created at Emerald Grande.

As far as management being terrible and unreasonable, I wish there were some examples of why you felt this way, but from reading your review I could not figure out what happened. I am not a shy person, and always try to make myself available to meet with any guest that would like to speak to me, and I can confidently say that all other members of our management team are the same way. I have also left my name, email address and telephone number in several reviews on this website in order for people to contact me. I have no doubt in my mind that if something was brought to my attention, or you requested to speak with me, then one of our team members would have contacted me immediately to meet with you.

Again, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the welcome you recieved upon your arrival, and I truly wish that we could have met sooner to discuss your stay. If you would like to contact me please feel free to call me at 850.424.0631 or email me directly at jroberts@legendaryinc.com.

Best,

JP Roberts
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We have been traveling to Destin for over 18 years and with a family it is easier to rent a condo vrs. a hotel room. We have stayed at several different properties over the years, but last year had a problem at the condo we normally stay at, so this year we decided to try Emerald Grande. Everything in the condo was high end from kitchen appliances to beds. We had a great stay and we took advantage of the special fall rate and the price was cheaper than anywhere we have ever stayed in Destin, but we got alot more for our money. At the end of the day when we would return to our room, our beds would be made, bathrooms and kitchen cleaned, the dishwasher loaded and had been run. This is a BIG plus after a long day of fishing or at being at the beach. Will stay here many more times.

Room Tip: If you are concerned with noise request a room not facing the harbor and ocean but facing the bay on...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear slsiddall,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the Rodeo. We look forward to seeing you for next year's Rodeo!

Best regards,
Victoria
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Room had several problems. Ice maker was broken. Window shade on bedroom door leading to balcony was broken, we could not roll it up which meant we could not use that door. Sink faucet only worked in sprayer mode. Lint screen in dryer was missing. Wire rack in microwave was broken. Outside light next to balcony was missing the globe top. Many outdoor lights were not working. No maid service the first 2 nights we were there. Hotel has a lot of wear and tear for a relatively new hotel. We told the front desk about these items several times & nothing was done about them. Overall these items did not impact our stay to much, except when you pay this price (which is on the higher end) everything should be perfect.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I am a frequent traveler to Destin and Ft. Walton for 10 years now and decided to try this property after passing it for a few years. On my last visit, we went in to tour the property and it appeared to be nice, but the staff was rude (I have to agree with other posts) I wanted to see the rooms in person as opposed to the virtual tour they offer. This location is right at the Marina and is very busy with fishing trips, jet ski rentals, pontoon rentals, etc. You will find a shopping strip and a host of restaurants (We tried 2 during our last visit to Destin but weren't very impressed) The atmosphere is very alive and nice so this would be a good spot for being in the middle of things. The beach that they provide is just a strip of sand that you are water-taxied to so you will not have a true beach experience. I was going to take a quick trip to this resort and made reservations last night. Due to something that came up, I had to phone back this morning to cancel. I called at 1:00 and after being transferred to Benji 3 times and to Angie twice only to be told that I had to call back to cancel because the entire cancellation staff was lunching, I became a bit perturbed and asked for a manager (Aline) Aline proceeds to tell me that the cancellation staff was lunching and they could take my name and number and call me back for cancellation. I told her that would not be an acceptable option and that I wanted her to cancel my reservation since she was in a managerial position. My take from years of traveling and visiting 4-5 star resorts is that I will never try to book here again. First impressions are lasting ones.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JamesRoberts40, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Tonyahall,

Thank you for submitting your review, and I would like to apologize that you had such a difficult time cancelling your reservation. As far as taking a tour of the rooms, and for our front desk staff coming across as rude because they were unable to grant this request, that is something that we are unable to do because unlike a hotel, all of our residences are privately owned and the owners do not want us touring their second homes. That is why we offer virtual tours instead. People are more than welcome to come in and look at all of the common areas of the property, but we are not able to show the rooms. My apologies for any confusion or inconvenience that this may have caused you. We do look forward to serving you and your family in the future and we hope that you keep us in mind when coming back to the Destin area.

Best,

JP Roberts
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Very nice view of the harbor. Enjoyed the balcony. Fireworks were a plus- I think they are weekly. Need key card for elevator access. They do have a small private beach front that you need to take a shuttle to. A lot of jelly fish on beaches everywhere in Destin this time of year (Oct.). Lots of room. The cleaning is minimal. Cleaning crew needs better supervision. Parking is not a problem unless event is taking place, then it is insane to leave and try and fight the traffic getting back into parking area. Overall a good visit.

Room Tip: rooms away from harbor would be quieter, especially on weekends. But the view of the harbor (and fir...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Recently spent 4 days at the Emeral Grand. It is a beautiful building, inside as well as out. The serive and attitude of the staff is horrible. We were called at 9:30PM and told they had forgotten to swipe our credit card. They had. We were told to get down there right away or we would be thrown out. When we complained it was late and we 'd do it in the morning they laughed and again said they were throwing us out. We were under the impression our package included breakfast and didn't find out until check out it did not. There was also a $25 a day ammenity charge no one told us about. The loud music from the nightclubs on HarborWalk kept us up until 1AM. The housekeeping was non existant and we didn't even get soap. We will never be back. Far too much money to pay to be insulted.

Room Tip: Ask about hidden charges.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village? Share your experiences!