“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19001 Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin, FL 32541 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Destin
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was the most amazing cleanest hotel I have ever states in and staff was so helpful I felt as if I where the only Pearson In the hotel The young Man at check in was ready and met me with a smile my room was in excellent condition it was warm the bed was clean and smelled amazing it was cold out out and my room was warm the breakfast was delicious

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
ComfortInnDestin, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for visiting our hotel and we are so glad you had such a wonderful experience during your visit. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We hope you visit with us again soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at Comfort Inn Destin 7 times in 2012. Just had first stay for 2013 Jan 17-20th.
I consider this hotel, best in Destin with many attributes. Amanda, Vicki and the hotel team consistently display above and beyond enthusiasm, professionalism, courteousy and friendliness. I feel very welcome every visit as all strive to ensure the stay is pleasant, acknowledging me and/or family with delight. The staff genuinely cares about their guests and does everything to treat them in a special unique way.They are up to date on whats going on in town, suggest places to visit & always are socialable with stories and laughter. I stay for business/ pleasure trips and would not choose anywhere else. The hotel accommadations are emaculate from neat clean rooms, lobby , breakfast/snack area ,meeting room and pools to safe parking and magnificant gulf view balcony rooms.
I feel honored to be considered a regular guest at Comfort Inn Destin and always look forward to my next stay.
Every good wish ,
You will have fun here!
THanks Karen OConnor

Room Tip: HIghest Floor hears less noise. Gulf View Balcony rooms are the best with a wonderful view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ComfortInnDestin, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for being such a loyal long-term guest of Comfort Inn Destin. We appreciate the kind comments you have shared about our staff and hotel on TripAdvisor. It is humbling to know that we are your preferred hotel. We feel “honored” to have you as a regular guest and always look forward to your visits. We hope to see you again very soon!
FAIRFIELD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent one night at the Destin Comfort Inn on our way to visit a friend in Tampa. We wanted to take the scenic route from Mobile, where we'd stopped for lunch, and I wanted to see how Destin had changed since I went there as a child in the 50's -- well, of course it is unrecognizable! But the Comfort Inn gave us a true luxury experience at a reasonable price. The lobby is elegant, with really neat ceiling fans, and Robert who checked us in was gracious and helpful. Our room was beautiful, large and clean and well-furnished, with a comfortable bed and everything we could ask in a hotel room. The breakfast was quite sumptuous, with several hot items, and the food was kept well supplied. Neither time nor weather allowed us to venture to the beach across the street (something of a walk, I expect), but we could smell the good salt air, and hope to return to fully appreciate it another time.

Room Tip: I expect all rooms are good -- solid construction, quiet, elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PATRICIA F
Thank you for such a lovely review of our hotel. We really appreciate the compliments you have shared on TripAdvisor. Our staff strives to make ever visit exceptional and memorable and it is very rewarding when their hard work and efforts are acknowledged. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the beach again very soon!
Belle Fourche, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the Destin, Comfort Inn, for 3 nights and it was a great hotel with clean rooms and terrifice breakfast. Friendly, helpful, and professional is a start to describing the staff. We were there for the Miss Rodeo Florida Coronation and needed a few last minute items, stapplers, papers to copy, etc., and the front desk was so helpful. Especially Isis at the desk! Thanks for doing your part to making our weekend a wonderful memory!

Room Tip: friendly, helpful, and professional staff.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ComfortInnDestin, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. It was a pleasure having Miss Rodeo Florida visit Comfort Inn Destin. It is exciting to know that our team contributed to making a memorable weekend for you and your family. I hope you and your family return to visit us at the beach again soon!
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am on an "Exploring Trip" around the Gulf area checking out places to come back to in the winter of 2014. I arrived at this Comfort Inn too early to check in for the night, which was fine. After explaining my reason for being in Destin, Isis and Ron were more than pleasant and helpful to link me up with some rental property agencies. In addition, I was upgraded to a balcony room without asking!!
After my successful "exploring", I was able to check in, and was welcomed by another staff person. The next morning was breakfast and it was very hearty and great to prepare me for my day of driving further east into Florida. The room was very clean and comfortable. Free Wi-Fi was great to further my search on rentals. The balcony overlooked the Gulf, and the only thing that could have made this stay "more than perfect" was to have sunny skies and warm temps. The staff made up for the gloomy skies and cool temps by their warm welcome and continued greetings both in the afternoon and the next morning.
I would recommend this Comfort Inn in Destin, Florida to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: This is NOT directly across the street from the beach, as there is an induustrial area between the h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank aceladey
Thank you for taking time to share about your experience at Comfort Inn Destin on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and hotel. Thanks for mentioning Ron and Isis as they are both valuable team members and work hard to provide the level of service our guest deserve. We hope you can visit with us again soon!
Grimsby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn many times since it first opened. We are happy to say it has always been a lovely visit. We stayed Nov 4,5,6th 2012 and from 14 to 17th Nov 2012. As usual we had a very nice room,opposite the divine indoor pool both times. (Is there a better indoor swimming pool anywhere in the States?) This might be a bit noisier in high season but we had no problems at all, it was a very quiet room. And we had 'neighbours' either side. (We have stayed at a nearby hotel which was nice but the walls were made of tissue paper and you could hear every movement... not good when you have sexual athletes next door!)
Staff were helpful and welcoming, breakfast filling and tasty, room spotlessly clean and excellent housekeeping. In the words of Arnie "We'll be back" .
One word of advice do negotiate a fair room price, we paid a lot less on our second few days than our first as a very kind Vicky Giles (front office manager I believe) gave us a good rate at my request. Thanks for that, it was much appreciated. Do stay at the Comfort Inn....you will not do any better anywhere else! Like the review title 'We love it!'

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, it just depends what floor you like to be on.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JCR1943
ComfortInnDestin, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for such a lovely review of our hotel. We really appreciate the compliments you have shared on TripAdvisor. Our staff strives to make ever visit exception and memorable and it is very rewarding when their hard work and efforts are acknowledged. I am so excited you enjoy our beautiful indoor pool each time you visit. Thank you again for the compliments you have posted and thank you for being a loyal guest. We hope you can return and visit us again soon.
Port Washington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I travel for business and I found myself at the Comfort Inn 4 times last spring. The rooms were extremely clean and the staff went out of their way to help me when it was needed. This included a very warm greeting on arrival that made one feel at home. The breakfast help kept the food well stocked and there was a great variety. There were a couple of issues I had and the front desk staff went out of their way to help me and even followed up later to make sure all was well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone --from families to seniors and hope I can get back there again sometime..

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have better views. Sorry no room service--didn't know how to delete that.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kileenp
Thank you for taking time to post a TripAdvisor review and share about your multiple experiences with Comfort Inn Destin. It is rewarding to know that we having provided outstanding service and that with your extensive travel background you would recommend our hotel. We have always enjoyed your visits and hope that your work or vacation plans will bring you back to our area again soon!