“Nice Dinner Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 246 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Eclectic
“Nice Dinner Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Being a Destin local, I get asked a lot about a good place to eat. My wife and I found this GREAT place. Our dinner was superb. The staff and even the owners checked on us with great service. They have a small menu with great choices. I recommend the Pork Chops and Stuffed Peppers. They have live music on the weekend's and we will definitely go back on our next date night.

“surprisingly great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Party of 10 sat comfortably at a round table on a Thursday night at 8:30. Ceviche, jalapeño poppers and smoked tuna dip were all very tasty. The smoked tuna dip has a very nice smoky flavor that is sometimes too weak or too much. Entrees were porkchops - huge, bone in, mashed potatoes-crazy!-(can definitely share this!); crab cakes were just as they should be - mostly crab and a little breading-yummy sauce; hamburger was fine; fish was delish! Even the salad dressing was fantastic. The chefs hit it out of the park. Music was fun and upbeat. It was loud, but we came for the music and food to celebrate a birthday. Fun times. Great service. Bathrooms were clean and plenty of stalls. Old building, but they've decorated it to fit the venue of being a music hall. Read about it in the paper. Their uncle owns the Red Door in Grayton Bch. 'Nuff said.

Destin Fl
“Good Food with Lots of Noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We ate here on July 26 2014 on a Saturday night at 8:PM. The place was jammed and the music was LOUD. So much so that we had to shout at each other across the booth. Any real conversation was impossible. We were seated in a 1st floor booth as far away from the band as possible, but it didn't help. The owner/hostess was excellent, the service good. The food was OK. My wife had crab cakes which were expensive and on the small side, but good. I had stuff peppers which were pretty bland. My friend had grouper which he said was excellent. Each dinner is served with a small dinner salad, a small dinner roll with a tiny butter tub, and a big serving of mashed potatoes. The place is very eclectic and could be a lot of fun if you don't care to have conversation during your meal. It is probably a lot better during the week or during off season We live locally and will try another time.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Mahi Mahi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had the fish dinner which came with a salad and the best homemade mash potatoes. The fish was thick, white and broiled in a delicious sauce. Our waiter was excellent and did not let my husbands sweet tea glass get below the half way mark. My husband had the hamburger and said it was perfect. We will be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Highly Recommend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'm a little late but I was part of the soft opening for this restaurant. Even though ever table was occupied the service was exceptional. Ive never had red snapper like this! It was mouth watering. I live in orlando and anytime someone is visiting Destin I recommend this place.

• Visited March 2014