“Jetty east” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 57 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Jetty east”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Jetty east several times since 1986 and it has been my first and only choice to stay when visiting Destin. The location and the view is great.

My trip there last week however was a big disappointment. The room looked pretty much like the room I stayed in in 1986. It looked like the same furniture, the same dishes and the same tube TV. Perhaps I just got one of the few rooms that and issues and had not been updated. Several of the light switches did not work. The trash compactor did not work, the balcony door was extremely difficult to slide open and would not lock. The TV had poor picture quality and required frequent bangs on the side to restore the picture.

My two biggest complaint were that the hot tub was allowed to run low of water and therefore quit working the first day we were there and the staffs lack of concern for the problems we had with the room. I mentioned the hot tub not working to the staff the first day but maintenance did nothing about it till the last day were were there, even though SEVERAL people complained. They acted as if they couldn't care less about the issues of the room.

I have lots of happy memories at Jetty East, but my next stay in Destin will be somewhere else.

Room Tip: Avoid like the plague room 317A!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love the location and being so close to the beach! Bring your own chairs and umbrella and the helpful umbrella crew will drill a hole for your umbrella which is awesome! We were in condo 503a, and it was pretty good could use some remodeling and new furniture, but overall, it had what we needed- small w/d, dishwasher, stove, fridge, two tvs, and a nice gulf view from the balcony. I could just spend the entire time on the balcony, so the appearance of the room isn't that big of a deal! No wifi here, and the pull out couch wasn't very comfortable for my kids aged 7 and 10, but we made due with extra pillows and blankets. The beach has been redone, with oats planted on the dunes and bridge/walkways built over the dunes. It all looks great! My kids and I spent so much time shelling for beautiful shells and then we discovered sharks teeth could be found! Came back with a couple of hundred found right in front of the condos where the surf breaks and drops all of the small debris. Just wait for the waves to start rolling out and drag your net through the debris pulling as you go. Wash out the sand and sift through to find a bunch of teeth! So much fun!! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very large and somewhat confusing at first. The views are wonderful. I really liked the fact that security is on site 24/7. The beach and pool were very nice but if your looking for a quite place to relax and read a book this is not the place. Lots of loud kids with parents that allow them to run wild. Perfect for large family vacations, not so much for adults with older teens. I know I sound like a fuddy duddy but I just wanted some quite relaxing time. The pavilion was very nice and JE is close to stores and restaurants. If you go out to eat you have to go to Gilligans. It was great.

• Stayed June 2013
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Jetty East is a great place to stay. It was very clean, friendly staff and the majority of the time the elevators were really quick; however the elevators were also really small. I love the carts. The pool was very nice and clean, close to the beach and although I have seen others comment about the shells my children loved them! Our room was very nice and clean with updated televisions. When the A/C unit ran it was a little loud, but to us not something that created a problem. The bathroom was a little on the small side; however overall very well maintained and I think pretty well priced, considering all you received. Overall the stay was great, I would suggest that they implement another check-in system because having the security gate provide check-in information to guest can be pretty annoying and time consuming. I am not sure of the hours of the front desk, but there were several times we had to wait in long lines at the gate waiting for security to check people in. Would I come back? Of course.

Room Tip: Although the view of the Jetty is nice would have loved view of the Gulf. Positioned more in a resi...
Hendersonville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Another great trip to Jetty East. We were there from June 22-30th and stayed in 410B. Beautiful unit, very updated and comfortable. We'll definitely book it again. Loved that the beach is "back". Can't say enough good things about Jetty East and James that handles beach chairs. Went to dinner early every night, and the longest wait we had was 15 minutes *one* time out of the entire week. Destin just cannot be beat for a family trip, and Jetty East can't be beat for location, value, convenience to the beach/pool, and amenities. Thanks for another great vacation, see y'all next year!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just returned from Jetty East and am counting the days until we can go back. You cannot get any close to the beach than that. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The grounds were so beautiful. We grilled out twice in the gazebo. We loved our unit 204a. It was very nicely decorated and had everything we needed. We opted for the jetty view and LOVED it. The kids were able to watch the boats in the morning and the fireworks on Thursday night. Mom and Dad were able to enjoy some sunset cocktails. Truly Heaven.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

GREAT UNIT . enjoyed every minute of it !! I would recommend Jetty East . Terry and Phillip are awesome as well as the rest of the staff . We will be going back in October . They have gotten there beach back and it makes it so desirable . The Pavillion , Pool , Tennis courts are all in great shape . The decks and most walkways have all been redone. Would recommend staying at the Jetty for beauty as well as the BEST location in Destin . It is right on the beach , but you feel like you out of the hustle and bustle of the of HWY 98

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family