“We keep coming back, year after year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Destin Gulfgate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Destin Gulfgate
You added Destin Gulfgate to your Saves list
1180 Scenic Highway 98, Destin, FL 32541   |
Special Rate
One night FREE!
Ranked #2 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Fayetteville, Georgia
“We keep coming back, year after year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Last week we stayed at the Destin Gulfgate in Destin, Florida. This was approximately our 15th visit to the Gulfgate. Obviously, we love coming here! We can't imagine staying anyplace else every summer on our vacation to the beach. Each year we stay in different units and have found all of them to be beautifully decorated and comfortable. The units are always clean when we arrive. Some have a little better and/or more cooking supplies in the kitchen than others but everything we need is usually available. Each unit has a stocked kitchen, laundry room, beautiful family room, dining room, bedrooms and balcony overlooking the ocean. The view could not be better - absolutely gorgeous! The office staff is very nice and the beach chair set up staff is nice and helpful as well. The beaches are kept very clean and the water is just beautiful. When we get ready to leave, we know that it won't be long before we are planning our next trip to stay here again. I highly recommend these beautiful condos for families, couples or small groups of friends who want to get away from it all.

Room Tip: All units are ocean front. Look at the online photos to choose a unit that appeals to you!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place is amazing for one key reason- breathtaking views of the gulf...we were in condo 506 which was nicely done with all the amenities in place. Access to the beach is wonderful, the beach chairs need a revamp but the beach attendant is hardworking and makes sure everyone is comfortable.

Smoking seems like a city wide problem in Destin....and definitely a nuisance if you have little kids and try to sit at your balcony or beach to enjoy the beautiful gulf breeze but instead have to inhale smoke from every condo and every beach chair in your vicinity!

Room Tip: Condo 506 is really nice...It's at the corner and has great city views in addition to the gulf v...
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have been staying at this resort for over 6 years. I have hosted my bachelorette weekend, baby shower, family vacations and celebrated birthdays here. Everything has always been beyond perfect however this visit we experienced another tenant blasting music into the bayside pool area from their balcony. After making several calls to complain to management, they refused to do anything stating that it was before 10 pm and there are no noise ordinance rules in place therefore the tenant was not violating any rules. As I stood on my balcony so the woman could hear how loud the music was, she had the nerve to say "Oh, that sounds nice." Seriously?? I was forced to call the local sheriff's department and file a complaint. Great use of tax payer's money. The point is, stay here at your own risk. If all goes well you will have an incredible time. If you have any issues it will fall on deaf ears.

Room Tip: July is extremely busy and apparently attracts inconsiderate guests. Bayside is more convenient if y...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Destin Gulfgate is great for several reasons. First, the staff at DG is friendly and helpful. The location is great and the beach chair ratio to beach front is the lowest around. Several nearby properties have multiple rows of people beach front, which can feel crowded. The units are always clean and it is easy to park. My family always stays here. You cannot beat the location and DG's convenience to other activities/restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was my family's first visit to FL and we wanted a condo. Room 605 was wonderful!!! Our first impression was the smell of lemon inside. Very clean, the drink bar was great. There was enough space for our family and enough TOWELS! Destin Gulfgate overall was a wonderful location, about 65 units total, gated and not a great deal of people crowding your vacation. I enjoy the complimentary umbrellas and seating. Destin was beautiful. We will definitely choose room 605 on our next visit. The check in was very quick, the check out was a little long, I think they were short staffed. However the staff overall was very friendly and not annoying.

Room Tip: I would suggest to get there in between the suggested check in times 4-5.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

6 out of 5 stars!!! This May was our 2nd visit to Destin, and to the GulfGate (unit #401). The first time was in '07, The economy hit us like everyone, but we were back for two weeks in 2012. We do not rent from the GulfGate on-site management company. We found a retired couple that own a condo and live in another building that is non-rental in Destin and own a condo at the GulfGate that they rent year-round. They are real estate agents, and very nice people that sincerely want for you to have a good time. They are careful who they rent to, and just remodeled the condo in January 2012 and the condo was even more exquisite this time than in '07. We didn't think it could get any better than our May '07 visit to that condo. Even if you choose to rent from the on-site management group I can assure you the time of your life! The balconies are very wide and deep, and I even slept out there on one of the well padded lounge chairs, took a blanket out with me because of the onshore breeze, and the surf sound made me sleep all the way from 11:00 PM until 5:45 AM without waking up once. I usually do not sleep nearly that well and I sincerely recommend trying it! You will think you have wandered into a Jimmy Buffett song! The inside of the 2BR/2 BA condos are large enough to make you want to move in; not like some hotel room. The cleanliness in our condo was amazing! Even after two weeks, we were not a bit home-sick! We would have moved in if we could have. The beach service from March through October has an attendant who arrives early in the morning to put up chairs and umbrellas for the guests which is included with your condo rental, and if you run out of beer or soda he also sells a wide variety of cold ones. At night you can use one of the covered gills just right behind the dunes from the beach to grill up whatever you choose. You can even eat your grillings under the gazebo overlooking the Gulf after the beach service is closed at 5:00 PM. That is where the attendant sells drinks from and graciously takes care of any beach or pool need you might have. When you find paradise, I think its time to stop looking (kind of like oil I guess.) If there are better places out there, keep them! We have found our home away from home. I hope this has helped and hope to see you there next May!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Was truly amazed at this Condo Unit and facility. We arrived December 29th and stayed untill January 1st. Upon arrival we checked in at they front desk located in the entrance of the building. We were greeted by a friendly employee and was checked in very quickly. When we got to our condo and opened the door I was truly in bliss. This 1400 sq. foot unit was in super shape and very clean. The balcony doors open in the master bedroom and also in the living room. The balcony is 30' long with stunning views. The beach is right there just a short walk from your room. For the non beach goes there is also a swimming pool. There are some covered parking and some outside parking. Depending on what Unit you get. I am not a beach type person But will come back to Destin and Gulfgate Condo's.

P.S. I am keeping the Unit number a secret so that I can enjoty it for my self!!!! I joke #202 .

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Destin Gulfgate? Share your experiences!