I stayed here because of Courtyard's reputation as a great business hotel, but it was the direct opposite. Here is a list of all the problems that I encountered:
1. There was no microwave in the room.
2. There was a small refrigerator that could only hold soda cans and nothing bigger.
3. The hotel was built in 2005, but I could see stains on the carpet, scuff marks on the walls, and stains on the sheets.
4. Their "High-speed" internet was 10 times slower than dial-up. It literally took minutes to load a webpage. I was emailed a PowerPoint presentation that took almost 3 hours to download when it should have taken a couple of seconds. I complained about it and they said it happens when a lot of people are connected. It was funny because it was the slow season and the hotel was not even full.
5. They said the windows are soundproof, but I could hear all the traffic on Hwy. 98 and my room did not even face the highway directly.
6. There were 3 TV channels missing including HBO!
7. The toilet would not flush after only a couple of flushes. I had crap in there that I had to leave behind.
I was supposed to stay there 4 nights, but I checked out after 1 night. It was the worst hotel experience that I ever had. The only good thing was that the staff was generally friendly and quick to respond to my needs. That’s the only reason why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Break away to one of the top Destin, Florida, hotels at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard. Corporate travelers will benefit from the new lobby that is designed to give guests the flexibility to work and socialize on their terms. New enhancements to our Destin, Florida, hotel include a contemporary lobby, flexible seating to fit individual or group needs, complimentary Wi-Fi, private media booths and, our new signature element, the touch screen with GoBoard® technology for information on the go. Introducing one of the newest restaurants among hotels in Destin, Florida, The Bistro offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with refreshing, high quality and healthy menu options. "Eat, Drink, and Connect"™ with friends and colleagues for a value that simply cannot be beat. Explore our Destin, FL, hotel's enchanting surroundings consisting of beaches, running and walking trails, state parks, championship golf courses and tennis courts. We invite you to work and relax at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Sandestin At Grand Boulevard Hotel Destin
- Courtyard Hotel Destin
- Courtyard Destin
- Destin Marriott
- Destin Courtyard