“Great staff, but roach in my room!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Covington, Louisiana
“Great staff, but roach in my room!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great hotel as far as location and service but there's a roach in my room!!! It's late, I'm in bed, and the roach ran away when I try to kill it and now I'm grossed out and pissed. It's too late to change rooms; I'm almost 9 months pregnant, I'm tired, and I'm leaving in the morning. This sucks!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oris R, Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I hope you had a safe return home following your visit to Destin. Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor, as we value the comments of all our guests. We are very pleased you found our location and service at the hotel “Great”. I completely understand your concern on your last night and would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We do hope that you will visit us in the near future and wish you a safe delivery of your baby in the coming weeks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Most people go to this area to be on the water. This is a nice hotel. Very nice lobby with a Starbucks in it. Pool and hot tub are nice. Very convenient to Baytowne wharf, and Topsail State Park, but you will have to get in your car. The room (we were in a suite) was well maintained. There are several restaurants within walking distance. I like hotels with continental breakfast. This is not one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a beautiful and well kept Hotel. We loved the change in design from the standard Marroitt use. The room was really great but the staff check in was a nightmare, records could not be found, bogus charges had to be fought at corp. level, poor ability to communicate with guest needs in person and on the telephone. This hotel needs major help in staffing issues!

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room in which you will be staying before check-in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oris R, Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Sir,
I see you are a designated Senior Contributor by Trip Advisor and appreciate the time you have taken to post comments on your recent stay.
All comments are important to us and we do take them to heart . Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconveniences and negative experience you received during your recent stay. Your comments have been well received and appreciated. If I may provide you my contact information, I would be very interested in speaking with you about your experience and how we can improve on services for our guests.
Please feel free to email me at oris.rintala@marriott.com.
Moultrie, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

What an amazing hotel! When I first booked this, it was rated as a 4-star hotel. When I found out it was a Marriott Courtyard, I was a little put off as to how a Courtyard could be rated a 4-star. Now I know.

From the moment we walked in, we were treated like first class guests. I was extremely impressed with the front desk clerks and their kindness and professionalism. The gentleman checking us in even walked around the desk and stood beside me showing me restaurants in the area and shopping. The service was further improved in the morning when we ate breakfast in the lobby. The staff at the bistro was top notch!

The room was clean, facilities were nice, and, as an added bonus, the hotel even has beach access across the road. The pool was sufficient and the hotel backs up to a golf course (gorgeous views).

The hotel is located in what is called the Grand Boulevard with upscale restaurants and a beautiful movie theatre. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families, couples, and business travellers alike.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The outside and lobby of hotel look really nice and new. We stayed in their cheapest type of room which was very nice. Good free internet. Downsides - there was no microwave and breakfast costs extra. There is a small little fridge that says its not a fridge. The price is not cheap to me but most places in Destin cost more. Overall you get the feel of a very nice hotel, very nice room, for less money than most places nearby. Oh yeah, the location! Easy to get to, right off big road and walking distance to Grand Boulevard Town Center which is an awesome group of stores, restaurants, and new movie theater.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

When we stayed at the Courtyard Sandestin in 2008, we were very impressed with the beautiful location, well maintained facilities and excellent staff. There was no question we would plan to stay there again this May 2013 to attend the beach wedding of our dear friend's youngest daughter. My husband is wheelchair bound and requires an accessible room in addition to some very specific mobility requirements. The staff at the Courtyard Sandestin along with the Marriott ADA Desk advisor, went to the fullest extent to meet our needs. Special preparations were made to ensure we had a safe and fully accessible room to enjoy during our stay. We were so looking forward to our return to the Sandestin area to attend this very special wedding. Unfortunately, after our first full day on the road and halfway to our destination, my husband became ill and was unable to travel any further. It was necessary for us to return home the following day after my husband had stabilized enough for travel. I contacted the Courtyard Sandestin as soon as I knew we would not be able to continue our trip. The level of graciousness and understanding on the part of the staff was outstanding! We fully expected to pay the first night's stay, per their standard policy, due to our last minute cancellation. The Courtyard staff, however, was very compassionate to our circumstances and made an exception. The stress over my husband's illness and missing the wedding, was made a little less due to the Courtyard Sandestin's personal approach to their excellent customer service. I can only hope that we will be able to make it there again in the future. We always look for the Marriott Courtyard chains when traveling and specifically, the Courtyard Sandestin comes with our full wholehearted recommendation!

Room Tip: Marriott is very sensitive to the needs of their mobility challenged guests. Be sure to ask for the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very nice Courtyard especially for a near beach location. Room was clean and as expected. The beach access was via a parking pass for the Sandestin resort. Stayed in a suite which was very large. The place of the bed to the A/C could have been better. The bed was way to close to the A/C unit. Good value for the money.
Would return without question

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard? Share your experiences!