“OK hotel, great beach access” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 39 hotels in Destin
New York City, New York
“OK hotel, great beach access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The positive
- newly redone interiors
- beach access at a resort a short drive away
- probably the nicest and most polite staff I have ever come into contact with

The negative
- kind of in a strange location, not near many good restaurants or other things to do
- elevator is EXTREMELY slow

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was convenient to the airport and we are marriott members. We were pleasantly surprised by our stay in a one bedroom unit. The main bedroom was small but comfortable. The sleep sofa in the living room area was decent sized and comfortable as well. We saw laundry facilities and walked by the pool, but didn't have occasion to do either. All areas of the hotel were spotlessly clean and well-kept. All in all, I think this would be a great location for families (they have 2 bedroom units as well) since it is very close to decent shopping and a short drive from the beautiful beaches. Price were reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Came to the Courtyard Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard for a two night stay. It was very comfortable, modern, and updated!

Service - Exceptional Service. The Management at this hotel really know who to hire, and how to train them. Each employee that I ran into at the Front Desk were all very knowledgeable, friendly, and did everything with a smiling demeanor! Special shout-out to Kaisha, Lyza, and Joanne for making my mini-staycation great.

Check-In - I drove down from Orlando, and Lyza checked me in. The lobby is newly redone and is beautiful! She advised me that there were rooms available for early check-in, so she assisted me right away. After she checked me in, she stepped out of the Front Desk area, to provide me with my check-in materials. She thoroughly provided me with directions on how to get to my room and explained everything that they had to offer!

Room - I stayed in their standard room. We were put on the 5th floor, and had a wonderful pool view. When staying at resorts, I always like to check the mattress for bugs before I head to bed. I found that the mattress was relatively new, and the sheets were clean and comfortable. The bed was also great to sleep on. The room had a "cooler" that is not meant to refrigerate anything, but just to cool things... (Literally what the sign said on it.) That was fine, as we just kept drinks in it, but keep that in mind if bringing food, etc. The room provided a coffee maker with regular and decaf coffee and tea.

Bathroom - The bathroom was average sized. The water pressure was pretty good, and it was clean overall!

Hotel Amenities and Features - They had a pool, hot tub, and a gym. We utilized the hot tub pretty frequently as the pool was very very very very cold. (The pool is not heated.) They also have several conference rooms if that is something that you need.

Restaurant - Overpriced. The food here was pretty good, but overpriced. They serve their Starbucks products 24/7. Simply ask a Front Desk Agent to assist you if no one is there.

Overall, this was a great experience! If I come visit soon, I'll definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel three times now. This time, they had remodeled the Lobby area and it was very nice. The rooms are comfortable and quiet even though it was during Spring Break. The only complaint that I have with Courtyard is the limited option for breakfast as their basic breakfast is a little too expensive for what you get. There are breakfast choices all around them but I would prefer not to have to drive for the meal. Pool and courtyard are both very convenient and nice

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ELLICOTT CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just spent a week at this Courtyard Marriott and the service was exceptional.
The staff was very attentive to my family's requests and the facility was clean
and is conveniently located. Access to other facilities emenities was included
which made beach access a breeze. The only drawback is the elevators ... they
are slow.

Room Tip: See if you can get a second floor room and take the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Newburyport, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard for a week while in town for business. It was average. The room was pretty small. I was a bit disappointed that housekeeping put down a hand towel as a bath mat one day? It didn't even look clean? I would have rather them left the bath mat I had used the day before. And I had read that the elevators were slow, but thought, "how slow could they be"....they were actually painfully slow. The staff at the Bistro were amazing! SO nice and attentive! I would say they get 5 stars for their service. The front desk was ok, they weren't rude but they weren't amazing either. Overall, it was a decent stay. Local to a lot of restauraunts and shopping.

Room Tip: MAke sure you are not near the ice machines as they are really loud. and I would get a room near the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here. Clean hotel with a good and friendly staff. lose to many restaurants. Not close to the beach but I would consider staying here again. I have stayed in Destin many times and this would rank towards the top for me.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard? Share your experiences!