I reviewed this hotel once before in 2011, I believe. I classified it as a new favorite because it was well kept, looked good both outside and inside, gave you access to the amenities of the Sandestin Beach Resort and was reasonably priced.
Last week a friend asked where she and her husband could go for their first anniversary. I suggested Destin, Florida (Sandestin in particular). While looking on the web for her, I spotted a great deal here at the Courtyard Sandestin location for about $78. Next thing I knew I had booked it, because I knew it was fantastic price.
Our friends stayed at the Residence Inn, which is across the parking lot, because they wanted the included breakfast.
The grounds of the hotel and its sister, the Residence, Inn have always been well kept each time I visited. The building's exterior was up to snuff and I didn't see anything to cause concern. The parking lot is reasonably well lit at night, but rather small in size. As spring breakers started to arrive we had to park at the Residence Inn.
Whoa! Awesome! The remodeled the lobby and it looks good! They eliminated the buffet breakfast area totally and opened up the lobby into three sections, from what I could see. One was a bright and colorful bistro area, with dark tables and cushioned seats and eye catching wall treatment. A restaurant several menu items, but I didn't look to see what they were. Plus they provide a starbucks like coffee service that I understand stays open all night. The other section was more comfort and reclined with more subdued colors, a big tv on the wall and a monitor on another wall that provided local information like weather and business information.
That last spot in the corner had very large computers and a printer setup for your business use and pleasure, there was no fee to use them. I printed up our boarding passes at the stations. Wifi in the lobby and room is free and reasonably strong, although not really fast enough for streaming.
Front Desk Staff:
Greeted us promptly when we walked into the place. They were very nice, professional and helpful.
The hallway and carpeting appeared to be very well maintained. The hallway was well lit, automatically makes my wife more comfortable.
Candidly I don't remember what the room looked like before. But I will say that the quality of the furniture (especially the dresser, tv, desk, computer combo combination combo) seem to be of good quality. No chips, damaged etc, stains or the like. The beds were comfortable, and although the bedding was sufficient, it looks like it needs to be replaced something more modern. I never walk on hotel carpet barefooted, although an examination of the one in my room showed no excessive wear or damage. The room had a nice golden color, which I always feels brightens up things.
There was one issue! Noise! We could clearly hear the family in the next room having themselves a good time. The kids were laughing loudly and the parents talking at a reasonable volume, but you felt almost as if they were in our room.
Bathroom: Reasonable size, definitely not large though. Fixtures, all worked, no falling wallpaper, it looks well maintained. I especially like one feature though. At the end of the tub is a glass or plexiglass type partition. It the shower curtains are closed, it does a good job of catching the shower water, instead of letting over the edge onto the floor, which happens most of the time when I take a shower. In this particular bathroom, behind the same partition appeared to be a ledge, which was large enough that a person with disabilities could sit on it and take their shower. I'm always excited by such things, since my mother likes to travel with me.
This property and the Resident Inn have access to Sandestin Resort, even though they are just outside of the resorts' gates. It means you can get to the beach, rent or use bikes, canoes and small watercraft that the resort provides. There is an Applebee's right in front of the hotel, a PF Chang's is about a five minute walk away, Publix grocery store in next to PF Chang's and you are about five minutes drive from a large discount mall.
1. No safe was in the room.
2. They had a chiller in the room, but it can't cool things as well as a mini-fridge.
3. I wish they had more parking, but there are other lots close by.
4. There is one elevator for each wing of the building, it can be a little bit of a wait.
5. I miss having a breakfast buffet. However, we go to the Hilton Sandestin for their breakfast and it is fantastic.
My favorite thing is that new lobby. It made me just want to come downstairs, relax in it with my tablet (they have an AC power bar) and watch the people coming in and out.
For the price, I think we got more than we paid for this time and this now a 'new favorite'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Break away to one of the top Destin, Florida, hotels at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard. Corporate travelers will benefit from the new lobby that is designed to give guests the flexibility to work and socialize on their terms. New enhancements to our Destin, Florida, hotel include a contemporary lobby, flexible seating to fit individual or group needs, complimentary Wi-Fi, private media booths and, our new signature element, the touch screen with GoBoard® technology for information on the go. Introducing one of the newest restaurants among hotels in Destin, Florida, The Bistro offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with refreshing, high quality and healthy menu options. "Eat, Drink, and Connect"™ with friends and colleagues for a value that simply cannot be beat. Explore our Destin, FL, hotel's enchanting surroundings consisting of beaches, running and walking trails, state parks, championship golf courses and tennis courts. We invite you to work and relax at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Sandestin At Grand Boulevard Hotel Destin
- Courtyard Hotel Destin
- Courtyard Destin
- Destin Courtyard
- Destin Marriott