I was here for a weekend family getaway. It wasn't my first choice because it is located a fair distance from downtown Destin, which is where most of the activities that interest me were at. However, one of the rooms was paid for by points so, there we went. I got lucky; Their military discount is VERY nice. Moving on...
The staff was very friendly and check-in took all of 3 minutes. We hadn't booked the rooms together, but they were able to give us rooms directly across from each other. The rooms themselves were spacious, clean, and well maintained. As other reviewers have stated, the elevators can be annoyingly slow. We all gave up on them when I was able to consistently beat the rest of my family to the car or back to the room by more than a minute by taking the stairs (3rd floor).
Otherwise, this is a very nice place. The pool and hot tub were effectively deserted each time we used them. The lighting in both shifted color slowly during night time. It's a nice touch. The landscaping is exactly what I had anticipated. Palm trees, plenty of tables in little alcoves for some privacy, and a maze of a parking lot. I never tried the breakfast buffet, but the others did. They said it was pretty good, no more, no less. The shopping in the Sandestin resort complex is higher in price than at the outlets closer to downtown Destin. The private beach was nice too. Not busy at all, but I suspect that's due to the time of year that we were there. I didn't spend much time in the hotel because I kept busy, but I'd definitely consider staying there again.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Sandestin At Grand Boulevard Hotel Destin
- Courtyard Sandestin At Grand Boulevard Hotel
- Courtyard Hotel Destin
- Courtyard Destin
- Destin Courtyard
- Destin Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Break away to one of the top Destin, Florida, hotels at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard. Corporate travelers will benefit from the new lobby that is designed to give guests the flexibility to work and socialize on their terms. New enhancements to our Destin, Florida, hotel include a contemporary lobby, flexible seating to fit individual or group needs, complimentary Wi-Fi, private media booths and, our new signature element, the touch screen with GoBoard® technology for information on the go. Introducing one of the newest restaurants among hotels in Destin, Florida, The Bistro offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with refreshing, high quality and healthy menu options. "Eat, Drink, and Connect"™ with friends and colleagues for a value that simply cannot be beat. Explore our Destin, FL, hotel's enchanting surroundings consisting of beaches, running and walking trails, state parks, championship golf courses and tennis courts. We invite you to work and relax at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.