“Great weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Fort Benning, Georgia, United States
“Great weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was here for a weekend family getaway. It wasn't my first choice because it is located a fair distance from downtown Destin, which is where most of the activities that interest me were at. However, one of the rooms was paid for by points so, there we went. I got lucky; Their military discount is VERY nice. Moving on...

The staff was very friendly and check-in took all of 3 minutes. We hadn't booked the rooms together, but they were able to give us rooms directly across from each other. The rooms themselves were spacious, clean, and well maintained. As other reviewers have stated, the elevators can be annoyingly slow. We all gave up on them when I was able to consistently beat the rest of my family to the car or back to the room by more than a minute by taking the stairs (3rd floor).

Otherwise, this is a very nice place. The pool and hot tub were effectively deserted each time we used them. The lighting in both shifted color slowly during night time. It's a nice touch. The landscaping is exactly what I had anticipated. Palm trees, plenty of tables in little alcoves for some privacy, and a maze of a parking lot. I never tried the breakfast buffet, but the others did. They said it was pretty good, no more, no less. The shopping in the Sandestin resort complex is higher in price than at the outlets closer to downtown Destin. The private beach was nice too. Not busy at all, but I suspect that's due to the time of year that we were there. I didn't spend much time in the hotel because I kept busy, but I'd definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Elevators are ridiculously slow. This happens when you have 5 stories and use hydraulic elevators. Eggs were rubbery, hash browns were two days old, and the accents of the staff made it very difficult to understand them.

Room Tip: Go some where else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oris R, Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Mr. Wyatt,
We thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Courtyard Sandestin. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and will address your concerns to the appropriate departments to identify the breakdown and take the necessary steps to improve the services and products.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in the near future as we introduce our new lobby, featuring The Bistro that will open at Courtyard Sandestin in November 2012.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Hotel room was clean and neat and cozy. The staff was helpful. The breakfast was great. We had a free breakfast voucher from the Taste of The Beach package, so it all worked out. Eggs were cooked to order and the wait staff was very great. The pool is very nice the way it lights up. I was impressed w/ my stay. Great access to Sandestin Beach Resort. We had fun at the night clubs at the resort. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the high floor facing the pool. No traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The carpet had a foot long tear that was clearly visible when you enter the room. However, friendly front desk and breakfast waitresses made up for it. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. A pass for the sandestin resort beach is included.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Oris R, Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Mr. Leo,
I hope you had a safe return to Houston, TX. Thank you so much for your comments as we do take them to heart.
It is our policy to inspect and ready all rooms prior to guest arrivals. So, I profusely apologize for the terrible tear you saw in the carpet when you entered your room. I am glad you were able to interact with some of our associates at the Front Desk and servers at breakfast. They are indeed exceptional!
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

A good hotel, rooms were comfortable and kept clean. Decent location and close to beach and shopping.. Only down side to location is expensive breakfast. Its too bad Marriott changed the courtyard experience charging for breakfast. If you prefer a free breakfast try Residence Inn right across the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed her in july 14 2012, the hotel other than my bed was nice. the bed was worn out i mean my wife and i aren't over sized people but sank in the bed and could feel the springs. i couldn't ask for another room as they were already max out and were turning people away. it was much better than outdoors also the ac was very load we had to move our son in the bed with us because the ac kept waking him up on the sofabed. this is the only time i stayed here but i would look somewhere else if i were to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
couget, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for making us aware of this issue. Because of your feedback, we were able to learn about this issue and have addressed the situation by replacing the entire mattress set with a new one.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I rated under a 5 because upon making reservations, checking in, and out i ask if any extra charges would be added to my final balance and I was told my total was indeed as stated $555.28 including all charges. After arriving home I realized I had been charged $600.00. I called and was assured I would recieve the difference back within a few days which is not a big deal, however I felt that all charges should be disclosed ecspesially if you have ask on multiple occasions. The hotel, room, and pool area are very nice and clean. Staff is wonderful. Breakfast could have been a little more organized but I do realize it was a very busy morning when we ate. The rights to the private beach through sandestin was nice but it was very crowded so if you want a more secluded beach experience you may want to look for a different beach area. Overall I was still very pleased with my experience with this hotel and would return again.

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Candlewood Suites Destin - Miramar Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin

Been to Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard? Share your experiences!