“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 39 hotels in Destin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Hotel room was clean and neat and cozy. The staff was helpful. The breakfast was great. We had a free breakfast voucher from the Taste of The Beach package, so it all worked out. Eggs were cooked to order and the wait staff was very great. The pool is very nice the way it lights up. I was impressed w/ my stay. Great access to Sandestin Beach Resort. We had fun at the night clubs at the resort. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the high floor facing the pool. No traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The carpet had a foot long tear that was clearly visible when you enter the room. However, friendly front desk and breakfast waitresses made up for it. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. A pass for the sandestin resort beach is included.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Oris R, Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Mr. Leo,
I hope you had a safe return to Houston, TX. Thank you so much for your comments as we do take them to heart.
It is our policy to inspect and ready all rooms prior to guest arrivals. So, I profusely apologize for the terrible tear you saw in the carpet when you entered your room. I am glad you were able to interact with some of our associates at the Front Desk and servers at breakfast. They are indeed exceptional!
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

A good hotel, rooms were comfortable and kept clean. Decent location and close to beach and shopping.. Only down side to location is expensive breakfast. Its too bad Marriott changed the courtyard experience charging for breakfast. If you prefer a free breakfast try Residence Inn right across the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed her in july 14 2012, the hotel other than my bed was nice. the bed was worn out i mean my wife and i aren't over sized people but sank in the bed and could feel the springs. i couldn't ask for another room as they were already max out and were turning people away. it was much better than outdoors also the ac was very load we had to move our son in the bed with us because the ac kept waking him up on the sofabed. this is the only time i stayed here but i would look somewhere else if i were to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
couget, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for making us aware of this issue. Because of your feedback, we were able to learn about this issue and have addressed the situation by replacing the entire mattress set with a new one.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I rated under a 5 because upon making reservations, checking in, and out i ask if any extra charges would be added to my final balance and I was told my total was indeed as stated $555.28 including all charges. After arriving home I realized I had been charged $600.00. I called and was assured I would recieve the difference back within a few days which is not a big deal, however I felt that all charges should be disclosed ecspesially if you have ask on multiple occasions. The hotel, room, and pool area are very nice and clean. Staff is wonderful. Breakfast could have been a little more organized but I do realize it was a very busy morning when we ate. The rights to the private beach through sandestin was nice but it was very crowded so if you want a more secluded beach experience you may want to look for a different beach area. Overall I was still very pleased with my experience with this hotel and would return again.

• Stayed July 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I would love to share my review with anyone who will read it. Our stay at this hotel was just for one night (we were waiting for our rental house to be available). My complaints are with how the management handled a serious situation. We traveled with our two kids (5,2). The morning we woke up during our stay there, our five year old handed me a diabetic needle (no cap...very sharpe.very exposed). Many factors in this, make me cringe. Any one of us could have gotten stuck by this needle. Our two year old puts EVERYTHING in her mouth (if she would have seen it first, it would have gone in her mouth). Why didnt house keeping see this? How long had it been there? The questions just go on and on in my head. I immediately handed it carefully to my husband and told him to take it to the front desk (at that moment as a mother, they did not want me down at the desk).
i truly expected a manager and staff to come to the room and apologize perfusely first, secondly check our room for any further safety hazards, offer breakfast at least!!! I can tell you none of that happened. What did happen was a phone call after we left from the manager (NEVER the general manager). The only reason the manager called was my mother in law called them (she works for Mariott). When we told her what happened she was horrified. Apparently the protocols Mariott have in place were not followed at all in this matter.. The manager Brian was nice, but the phone call was just "are you guys okay? do ya need anything?" As if i had just complained about noise or dirty carpet.
What bothers me most is how no management/upper management can see the "what could have happened" in this matter. If any of my family or myself would have gotten stuck, our first stop would have been a hospital to check the needle, check us out, draw our labs, and prophylactic medicine for any chance that needle was exposed with HIV blood. I've been a cardiac nurse for 16 years. Also, any immoral, law suit loving person could have had a chance to run with this one...cut and dry.
I have had multiple emails (never once called me) with the general mangager (I as the initiator of the first email). Also, after the first two e-mails I sent to the G.M. Tania, my responses took almost two days from her. I have all these emails saved.
I recently complained to Mariott over the phone and perhaps just by chance that day I received a email from Tania...Guess what??? They are gonna give us back half the room rate?? I laughed when I read that ....Oh yeah, did I mention in a prior email she offered to give us one free night stay on our next trip to her hotel??? When I declined that, that is when she gave us back half of our almost $300/night hotel rate.
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER !!! I pray that they can see the big picture of how serious this situation was and could have been wayyy worse but I seriously doubt it.
Stacey Dombalis

Room Tip: do not stay here, can not guarantee safety but can guarantee the worst customer service ever.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
couget, General Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Ms. Dombalis,

We appreciate the time you took to go over the experience you had while visiting the Courtyard at Sandestin. The entire staff of the hotel takes this issue and its potential outcome very seriously as children and families safety is one of our highest mission and is stressed daily to every member of the staff. We are sincerely thankful that no harm was done to your children and are taking the necessary steps in retraining the staff so that this issue does not occur again. Again our deepest apologies to you and your entire family.
Huntsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The room was very nice. We had everything we needed for my husband and myself, and our 4 year old son. It is close to Baytowne, which has a ton for kids to do, food and shopping...I believe they shuttle there also. It is walking distance from Publix. It is also right on the golf course which was perfect for a morning run or bike! My son even made a huge mess while eating and I requested a vacuum, but they came and cleaned it all up for me. Very nice staff! We had friends across the street at the beach, so we went there during the day, but otherwise, it was perfect for us. I think they give you a beach pass (?) but that semi-public area was VERY congested. Wi-fi worked great for our business interactions as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard? Share your experiences!