“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I went to get a little sun and relaxation. This place was just what the doctor ordered. Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Our room was very modern warm and inviting.Complimentary breakfast had a great selection. We wil be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Traveling for both business and pleasure 140+ nights a year being both Diamond at Hilton and Platinum at Marriott we come to know what to expect. However this property is truly the best residence inn we ever visited. It is also the best pet friendly property we ever visited. They even take your pets photo upon arrival for a weekly contest. The location of this property is awesome. it's less than one half mile from the popular Baytowne Wharf. Within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. within a five minute drive to many many more including a new WallMart and Publix grocery store. The staff at this property are very attentive . the evening receptions mid week offer nice selections including unlimited beer and wine. breakfasts is always fresh and a notch above most residence inn type breakfast. The setting of the property is both private and tropical. During our stay we met a group so snowbirds who stay Jan- March. most have returned year after year. This property is a short drive to the beautiful Destin beaches.
A 5 start Residence Inn for sure. all the rooms have been completely renovated. Feels like a brand new hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

From booking the reservation on Marriott.com to speaking with the friendly staff at the desk. You know who you are. My partner and I wanted to do a local getaway since we were celebrating a special milestone. We were upgraded, welcomed, and for any of our needs they did their best to enable us to feel at home while being away from home. It is not on the beach, it does not have a bar. These things did not matter on this trip because the staff superseded our needs and we loved our stay. I will gladly stay here a short drive to things to do and close enough to drive to there beach on a very short time. I stayed at a competitor on the beach, much larger and offered more services and it was not genuine, and warm like it had been for us at this Residence Inn.

Room Tip: We were assigned a good location on the second floor in the lower digits. I suggest something simila...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Wow! Very friendly and helpful staff. From the moment we walked in everyone was either greeting us or opening the doors for us. Even in the mists of remodeling a small section of the first floor the construction crew was very friendly as well.

The breakfast had a good variety to choose from. The dining area as well as the food was constantly attended to.

The location was in between two swanky malls and a large resort just across the street to golf or fish. Many restaurants abound. Also a major grocery store was nearby.

The room was a comfortable size however it was at the end of the hall overlooking a major road so you did hear the traffic. But it wasn't bad. The bed was hard as a rock. It took me night to get use to it. But over all I was please with the full kitchen, living room with a flat screen TV that swiveled toward the bed if you wanted, Desk for computer, and a high top eating table with stools. Very clean.

My only concern for this hotel is it's doors. I didn't see any handicapped push buttons. Or for folks who have trouble holding the doors open and moving a luggage cart through, or groceries in both hands. I expected them to be remote open and close at least in the lobby.You have to enter two door to get to the main lobby then another two separate set of doors to get to the main rooms. One exiting the lobby and one to the other building. Luckily most of the time staff or other quests were quick to manually hold the doors for folks.

All in all I would recommend this hotel. The friendly staff, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a spacious and clean and very large Residence inn. We were upgraded to a one bedroom and it was well equipped with a sparkling kitchen (with the basics, coffee, microwave popcorn, etc.). The outdoor pool was closed but it was huge and tastefully furnished with great lawn chairs and outdoor grills. The breakfast was very good; lots of fresh fruit, continually being replaced. Our room was in the middle and quite quiet. There is a $100.00 non refundable pet fee, no matter whether you stay two weeks or a day. There seemed to be a number of people who were staying long term. Ask for a room away from the remodeling.

Room Tip: They are remodeling! Make sure you get a room away from that. The workers are busy from 8 until pm...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I think the hotel is great. Close enough to places to eat. Pet friendly..and the pet fee is not too steep. Staff is prompt and friendly..Great service and things to do for value. I will be back again.

Room Tip: all rooms are good. I had exit access easy both times. but reccomend being away from elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham-Hoover
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn Sandestin last summer. I was very disappointed at the breakfast and the 2 dinners. It was the way the meal host treated myself and others. They acted like they was guarding the food especially at dinner. Example..... At breakfast the host stood by the juice machine and passed out half of a 4 ounce cup of juice and when I asked him if he could fill the 4 ounce cup up he frowned at me and put a drop more in the cup. At dinner as they issued out the meal the pan became empty while they were serving the genlemen in line in front of me. The host went to obtain a new pan of food and the genleman patiently waited, upon the host return with the pan of food, the host looked at the genleman waitng and begin to fuse at the gentleman for waiting, saying I will give a little more but that is all. I was embarrased for the well mannered guest that I am sure was expecting better treatment. I admired the gentlemen guest for his pleasent attitude, but treatment like this in my opinion is unexceptable. The reason I decided to write now is because my daughter wants to give the Residence Inn Sandestin another try this spring. Please do not disappointment me me this time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oris R, Manager at Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We appreciate and thank you for your comments, as every guest experience is important us. First and foremost I do apologize for the negative experience you had regarding the breakfast and social hour at the hotel. Please know that since the summer we have made personnel changes in the food and beverage department and have thoroughly trained our associates on customer service. We consistently strive to provide the best service to our guests.
We are pleased to hear that you do plan to return to the hotel in the Spring with your daughter. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to serve you and meet your expectations. We would also like to mention the completion of our newly renovated rooms that you will experience during your stay. If there is anything at all that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact a manager immediately to assist you. Safe travels and we look forward to your visit.

Been to Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard? Share your experiences!