“Clean and Pet Friendly (for a fee)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Destin
oxford
“Clean and Pet Friendly (for a fee)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a spacious and clean and very large Residence inn. We were upgraded to a one bedroom and it was well equipped with a sparkling kitchen (with the basics, coffee, microwave popcorn, etc.). The outdoor pool was closed but it was huge and tastefully furnished with great lawn chairs and outdoor grills. The breakfast was very good; lots of fresh fruit, continually being replaced. Our room was in the middle and quite quiet. There is a $100.00 non refundable pet fee, no matter whether you stay two weeks or a day. There seemed to be a number of people who were staying long term. Ask for a room away from the remodeling.

Room Tip: They are remodeling! Make sure you get a room away from that. The workers are busy from 8 until pm...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I think the hotel is great. Close enough to places to eat. Pet friendly..and the pet fee is not too steep. Staff is prompt and friendly..Great service and things to do for value. I will be back again.

Room Tip: all rooms are good. I had exit access easy both times. but reccomend being away from elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham-Hoover
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn Sandestin last summer. I was very disappointed at the breakfast and the 2 dinners. It was the way the meal host treated myself and others. They acted like they was guarding the food especially at dinner. Example..... At breakfast the host stood by the juice machine and passed out half of a 4 ounce cup of juice and when I asked him if he could fill the 4 ounce cup up he frowned at me and put a drop more in the cup. At dinner as they issued out the meal the pan became empty while they were serving the genlemen in line in front of me. The host went to obtain a new pan of food and the genleman patiently waited, upon the host return with the pan of food, the host looked at the genleman waitng and begin to fuse at the gentleman for waiting, saying I will give a little more but that is all. I was embarrased for the well mannered guest that I am sure was expecting better treatment. I admired the gentlemen guest for his pleasent attitude, but treatment like this in my opinion is unexceptable. The reason I decided to write now is because my daughter wants to give the Residence Inn Sandestin another try this spring. Please do not disappointment me me this time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oris R, Manager at Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We appreciate and thank you for your comments, as every guest experience is important us. First and foremost I do apologize for the negative experience you had regarding the breakfast and social hour at the hotel. Please know that since the summer we have made personnel changes in the food and beverage department and have thoroughly trained our associates on customer service. We consistently strive to provide the best service to our guests.
We are pleased to hear that you do plan to return to the hotel in the Spring with your daughter. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to serve you and meet your expectations. We would also like to mention the completion of our newly renovated rooms that you will experience during your stay. If there is anything at all that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact a manager immediately to assist you. Safe travels and we look forward to your visit.
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here one night in January, in a Studio King.

Appears the rooms are brand new....or at least they looked and smelled new (3rd floor). While I was there, they were renovating the other wing on the 3rd floor.

Not a stain in sight on carpet, couch, furniture, bed. King bed was very comfortable, although the pillows were sort of flat. Shower pressure was good, Room set up was good. Big flat screen HD TV with HBO in the middle of the room, just turn it toward the bed or couch as needed. Kitchen nicely equipped. Internet was speedy and free. Room faced the courtyard and it was quiet except for someone walking by and talking on their cell phone, outside, at 7 am....I could hear them 3 stories up. Don't know if that says more about the windows letting noise in or this clown being a loud talker.

Workout room is nothing to talk about...about 5 pieces of cardio equipment and that's it. But you can run a 3 mile loop around the resort golf course right outside the door, the front desk has a map.

Breakfast was good.....set up is a little odd, so there were some bottlenecks around the hot food and juice, but overall, the usual --- waffles, oatmeal, eggs, meat, juice, biscuts (not fluffy, more chewy, but really good), bananas/apples, melon, coffee. Seating was fine.

Staff was very friendly. Parking was easy and plentiful. This hotel is a little outside Destin but I got Chinese delivered within 20 minutes of calling. Could have walked over to Applebees but didn't feel like anything from there.

I'd come back again!

Room Tip: Get one facing away from Hwy 98
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the 2nd time that we've stayed at this hotel. It was good both times. Everything seemed clean and wow, can their staff put on a smile! Unlike the first time when we got a separate bedroom, we had one large room with an alcove for the bed. I didn't care for the TV set up. You must choose who is going to watch it - the one in the bed or the one sitting on the couch. Both couldn't watch it at the same time. We sometimes didn't get coffee in the room or shampoo but we managed. The breakfast is great and the breakfast staff couldn't have been more friendly. I have booked a third visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here because I always seek Residence Inns when I travel...However this perticular Residence Inn is better than any I have experience,"Bar none". I travel often due to my business.
The property was kept extreamly CLEAN, the staff always happy to assist. Service is prompt, and very very friendly. I hope to return to this hotel as often as I am able.

Room Tip: request a nice court yard location for quieter room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff here has bent over backwards to make my month-long stay completely stress-free. The front desk staff has been great and has gone out of their way to help me on many occasions. They are both professional and friendly. The wait staff at breakfast and during evening social hour is incredible. They are always friendly and will even cook your waffle for you so you don't burn it. A couple of times I came down late on the weekends and they went out of their way to get me what I wanted for breakfast from the back. Room service staff is also very thorough and prompt. The location is good if you are working in Destin, but the traffic gets a little old if you are commuting to Eglin every day! In any case, this is the closest Residence Inn and it is a gem so well worth the extra driving.

Room Tip: If you like using the stairs, get a room in the east corridor. Rooms on the north side aren't s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard? Share your experiences!