“family get away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Destin
houma, United States
“family get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

i would definitly reccomend if on a budget and want to get away. Close to Beaches and shopping everything was good and it all was a very relaxing and friendly stay the breakfast was good but very over whelmed at times

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CraigF748, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. Look forqward to seeing you the nest time you are in the Destin area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Buford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was really disappointed, rude staff, when we got there, it was passed check in time but the staff said we have to wait an hour for our room to be ready.We looked at her like she lost her mind, because we were all tired having traveled with little kids from Georgia. She finally made some calls and said the room was ready. Housekeeping not up to par, dirty comforter was pick from floor and put back on bed and my daughter noticed it.

Room Tip: its just one room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CraigF748, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we did not make your stay with us more pleasant. The staff and I will use this as an opportunity to train so we can better accomadate you the next time you are in the Destin area.
Again I am sorry for your inconvenice .
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Location, customer service, cleanliness, thoughtful amenities, with the value makes our stays continually comfortable and well worth the trip. We're mainly here for relaxation, shopping, new tastes, and beach time...not have an issue with our room is a definite plus. We will be back...and I'm sure our friends think the same.

• Stayed April 2013
CraigF748, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Destin\Sandestin.
We are gladb that we were able to make your stay here in the Destin area enjoyable fior you and your friends. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'm the lightest sleeper in the world. This limits the amount of traveling I can withstand since hotels tend to shatter one's peace at the slamming of every heavy door. However, the Hampton Inn was surprisingly quiet (it was Spring Break and they were fully booked the four nights we were there): I was disturbed only once, when a neighbor left his or her room around 6:40 a.m. The location is nice: the McGuire's/A.J.'s side of Destin is about as convenient as Grayton Beach. The outlets are across Highway 98. The Village of Baytowne Wharf is fairly close by. Beaches are about a 12-minute walk, but as far as I could tell, they're also private. You'll have to sneak in. There was quite a breakfast spread on the first floor each morning, if you're into that sort of thing. I do have two complaints: While the beds are fine, the feather pillows offer no support whatsoever. The hotel doesn't offer firmer, non-feather options--I asked. I had to stack bath towels under my pillow the first two nights; the third night, my dad brought me a firm side-sleeper pillow from Tallahassee. This absolutely rescued my sleep. My other kvetch is that the rooms are humid and there are no bathroom fans. If you take a shower, the whole place turns into a steam room. I think this would be the perfect place to stay in Destin if these two matters could be ameliorated. It's a very nice-looking hotel and the rooms are an ample size. The in-room refrigerator and microwave are a huge plus. Overall, great value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stay in the Destin area often for work and wanted to try this hotel since I am a Hilton Honors member. I realized that I left an overnight bag and called the front desk to see if they retrieved it once I got home. The front desk clerk was very friendly and assured me that it would not be a problem to overnight my items that day. I gave her my credit card number for the shipping. Three days go by and no package, I called and spoke to the same front desk clerk she assured me it would go out that day. Three more days go by and still no package nor has my credit card been charged for the shipping. I then spoke to the general manager and told him I was most concerned that my credit card number had been floating around for the past week. He assured me the package would go out the next day and it is the end of the next day and still no charge for shipping on my bank card. I will make sure that none of my company's overnight stay will be at this place. Very disappointed in this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2013
I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the delay in getting yor belonging to you. And would like you to give us another try your next time here in Destin. As this not a common occurance here and we have used this experience as a training tool for our staff. again I am sorry for all the inconvenience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I travel often for business and the Hampton Inn is my go to brand. The hotel staff is friendly and knowledgeable. In a word, competent. Tereka acknowledged me as a HHonors member and provided my appreciation gift at check in. Albert was especially helpful with wonderful suggestions for restaurants and activities nearby. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was the standard Hampton with many options. The pool was good but was in need of skimming. The Internet was great. I was able to connect with VPN without issues and able to facilitate WebEx meetings. The hotel is close to Miramar Beach, 5 min. drive. The Silver Sands Premium Outlet is across the street from this hotel which is great for a shopaholic like me. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Hopewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hampton Inn was great as usual and we highly recommend them. Plenty of parking and within walking distance of beaches; good breakfast, hotel appears to be fairly new with bright, clean rooms. Lots of resturants, outlet malls and shopping within walking distance. Fast food also within walking distance of hotel. Would not hesitate to return to this location.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back of the hotel and could not see the ocean. Pretty view of homes on and nea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin? Share your experiences!