“Good place for the money when booking last minute” 3 of 5 stars

Sandpiper Cove
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   775 Gulfshore Dr., Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #10 of 58 Specialty lodging in Destin
Lexington, Georgia
“Good place for the money when booking last minute”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed for two nights because we couldn't get in where we normally stay until Sunday. It was a decent place. Not your more upscale but for the price you can't complain. I booked the condo through the owner but she failed to let the guard shack know we were coming. Kinda crappy but we are all human. The place could use some remodeling but its ok for a short stay especially when you stay out all day. The on site restaurant loisianna lagniappe is just ok but that's another review. Overall I would stay again if I had to but not my first choice

• Stayed March 2013

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed for the month of Jan 2013 in a unit that was very clean and comfortable. From the minute I walked in, I said "boy this is so clean!" The temperature was cool, but the beach was pretty for sunset walks. I liked having a washer and dryer too. The view of the canal from the living room and balcony was nice and there were many species of birds to watch from pelicans to herons and lots of ducks. Destin is a very upscale vacation spot, so there are several shopping centers and nice restaurants only a couple of miles down the road as well as fast food chains. There's even a Winn-Dixie market within walking distance of the resort although I prefer Publix which is about a 3 mile drive. I only have one small complaint, but I'm the first to admit I'm a very light sleeper. Most people probably won't notice, but I could hear cars in the parking lot below the bedroom from time to time. Otherwise, I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Each unit is individually owned, so it's difficult to help select one. I can only say that 4204...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We've stayed at Sandpiper Cove 5 times. We love the "private" beach and the family atmosphere. We've learned to get a beachfront condo. They are not that much more and the view is great and you can walk over the dunes and be on the beach. If you want a unit with a washer/dryer be sure to ask. Some show up in pictures but then owner may have it locked up.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Our unit: 8229, vacation rentals 13810

Only plus was location. Very old and outdated, wall paper peeling, dust everywhere, dirty fridge and appliances, cockroaches (yes, plural), broken back door screen made it almost impossible to hang wet suits out, horrible sofa bed. We intended to save $$ by cooking but didn't even want to use the appliances/kitchen once we got there. We stayed at Embassy Suites the previous year and absolutely loved it. Didn't get our money's worth this time around.

• Stayed July 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked sandpiper for our honeymoon and while it was just steps from the beach w a nice view, the condo was disappointing. #1115 is old and worn out with no special amenities or wi-fi. TV in bedroom didn't work, bedroom stayed hot, sloping floor in living room, stains on shower curtain, faded curtains, musty blankets and worst of all, roaches! The condos on the beach side don't look very nice, most are rusty, also no pools on the beachside. There is nothing special about this resort, no extras to make your trip memorable. I realize the condos are privately owned so some are much nicer than others. This is not the ideal honeymoon spot

• Stayed August 2012
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here for five days liked it way better than the high rises. Right on the beach had a great stay. Felt very homey and its location is perfect right in the heart of all the things to eat and play while in Destin but the best part was the beach and emerald waters!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
leavenworth ks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We loved Destin and thought about staying in another property but we knew what we getting with Sandpiper. It's exactly the kind of location and property to give us the perfect vacation. First I have to say the front desk/check in staff was impressive and amazing. There was a mix up in our reservation and they worked some magic to get us in on a Friday afternoon!!! That being said-we weren't super pleased with the actual condo. We were thrilled that the owner was ok with the short notice and rented to us- (it was not the condo that I booked - or thought I had reserved) The original condo was only a one bedroom beach walk with washer/dryer. This was a two bedroom but much to my disappointment- no washer/dryer. We were pleased with the size but no washer was really a downer. I planned and packed thinking we would have laundry access. There were washer dryers on the grounds but not the same. Also this property lacked some of the welcoming feeling of the other condo from last year.
All the reasons for coming to Destin/Sandpiper were there though- the beach was great!!! Love the umbrella/chair service! The pools were great and perfect for our son who was a little scared of the waves one day. Also Sandpiper is in great location- Target and Winn Dixie just up the street. We are looking forward to staying again- although I will probably call my reservation in next time!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SPCRentalMgr, Manager at Sandpiper Cove, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We are excited that you enjoyed your vacation here Sandpiper Cove! We hope that you will visit us again soon and we will be happy to assist you in picking out the best condo to fiy your families needs. Feel free to call us anytime at 855-837-9121. Take care and enjoy the rest of your summer!
Thank you from the Sandpiper Cove Rental Team!

Been to Sandpiper Cove? Share your experiences!