“Lush food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 246 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of The Village of Baytowne in the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, Marlin Grill is the Emerald Coast's finest seafood and steakhouse. Elegant and sophisticated complimented with warm wood finishes provides a cozy, timeless atmosphere for any demanding, discriminating guest. Our extensively experienced staff can help you plan your next event, whether it is a conference meeting or a wedding reception. Indulge your family and friends with a night to remember. Marlin Grill is well noted for its culinary talents and award winning wine list. With over 600 wines to choose from, we are sure your palatable tastes will be met. The Cove accommodates up to eight guests and provides for an intimate evening. A table set back in a private room containing a book shelf for a comfortable, relaxing ambience. Upstairs dining accommodates up to 60 guests. View the village from any of the surrounding windows or step out onto the balcony which looks down the main street of the village. The banquet menu is recommended for parties that exceed 20 guests. The menu includes appetizers, wedge salad, variety of entrees, chef sides, and assorted delectable desserts. The average price per person for food only is $65. Flexibility on the menu may be available, just call with any question.
Pittsburgh
“Lush food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My friend and I shared the shrimp and artichoke chowder and 3 fish sampler- grouper, tuna and mahi mahi. The chowder was delicious but so rich we were full after eating the soup. We loved the grouper with crab and the tuna was very good but we did not like the hickory flavor of the mahi - it seemed overpowering.

The waitress was very attentive

It was a pleasant night and we were disappointed there was no service outside even though there were tables and chairs outside.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Galena, Ohio
“Worth a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We walked in on a crowded Sat night, no reservations and were seated right away. After 10 minutes, and no service we were talking of leaving when the nicest lady came over and said she would be our server and apologized for the wait. Service thereafter was very good, even though it looked like she had far too many tables to handle.
Food was good, average steak-seafood selections, reasonable prices, It is worth a stop if you are at the wharf, but I probably would not make a special trip there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great service, we arrived late but was seated instantly. The waiter was wonderful the food was very good. Appetizer main course for myself, wife, and daughter was around $140.. Not a bad deal! Get the fried lobster tail!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Good, not great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

It's a good looking space with a nice bar and dinning rooms and shows potential. However neither the kitchen nor the waitstaff seem to want to go the extra to push it over the top. No enthusiasm. My snapper special looked good on the plate but both the fish and shrimp topping tasted wet as if it were stored in cold water instead of on ice. This made what could have been a great meal just an average one. The bar staff made sure I had what I needed but then talked to each other instead of their customers . I wouldnt avoid this place but I think I'll see what else is out there tomorrow night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Atmosphere. Great Service. Marginal Food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We sat outside and experienced a very pleasant environment that was great for people watching. The service was really good too bad the food was less than stellar. There were 3 of us who all had apps and an entree and all thought the food was marginal. It seemed to lack flavor and complexity. I would expect this from Outback or some other chain restaurant, but for the price I expected more. I will maybe give it another try..but my advise is that you head to BIstro Bijoux across the courtyard if you want some quality food.

Visited June 2013