“Irish Music, Irish Gifts & Irish Menu Options” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 246 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Georgia
“Irish Music, Irish Gifts & Irish Menu Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

McGuire's Irish Pub is situated in a complex of Irish-centered shops across from the Gulf. It was EXTREMELY crowded when we went - with a waiting time of over an hour! We almost gave up, but we were glad we persevered. The facility was surprisingly large and the food was delicious. It is tradition to leave a dollar bill with a personal message written across it. The bill then becomes a part of the decor. Ceilings, walls, booths --- all are decorated with these bills. I wondered how that impacted the price of their insurance as we were informed that the dollar amount exceeded a million - though this was unverifiable. The food was absolutely delicious and about mid-priced. The menu had something for everyone - kids included. We also visited the gift shop on the way out. We well certainly return again ... though we think we'll choose our time more wisely and avoid the hour-plus wait.

Indianapolis, IN
“Glad we went”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The only part I was disappointed with was where we were seated. They put us in a back room beyond the gift shop which lost all character compared to the rest of the place. Food was superb. I had the sausage plate which was awesome. Everyone in our party devoured their food and the service was great. My son's burger was awesome. We did the beer sampler and it was hard to choke down. I love beer, but only liked one of the six.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Always good to be back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We got into Ft. Walton Beach, unloaded at the condo and headed for McGuire's. This is our second visit to McGuire's in Destin and it was as good as the first. Maybe a little better. Our 7yr was awed by the dollar bills hanging everywhere. My wife enjoyed half of her Reuben and an IPA will enjoy the rest of her sandwich later! My 7yr old loved the popcorn shrimp and my 2yr old devoured the mac and cheese, which is excellent by the way. I enjoyed the fish and chips and a couple of Irish Stouts. Delicious as always. We stopped in the gift shop on our way out too. We will be back.

Tallahassee, Florida
“The Total Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

McGuire's is the type of place where you have to take time and soak in the entire experience.

As soon as you walk in from the bright Destin coast, you are pulled in to a world of traditional Irish delight (I imagine as I have never been to Ireland).

The mood of the place is overflowing in fun and hospitality. The servers are warm and cheerful and the food hearty and inviting.

We had the Reuben Egg Rolls to start of with- quite yummy. They are corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese topped with Thousand Island dressing. Then we ordered their traditional Senate Bean Soup- probably the best I've ever had (and for 18 cents!).

For the main, my wife and I ordered steak. She had the rib eye and I had the prime rib. Both were excellent cuts of beef, but NOTE, the prime rib is smoked, not roasted, so it has a very different taste. If you like smoked meat, definitely order it, otherwise, you can't go wrong with the rib eye.

To top it all off, I had some homemade brews. My favorite was the Old Fashioned Ale. Another NOTE, the tap beer is served Irish style (not freezing cold).

You do not want to miss McGuire's when you come to Destin, FL!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“A must in Destin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

While in Destin make this a "must stop"! It's an experience you'll not regret. Good food, great atmosphere and a selection of drinks you'll not believe. The steaks are so large and sumptuous that you might want to split the meal between two people; we did and it was great.

• Visited February 2014