“Try McGuire's for Sunday brunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 246 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Texas
“Try McGuire's for Sunday brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Not enough has been said about brunch at McGuire's, but the general tenets of the restaurant still hold true on Sunday mornings: big portions, reasonable prices, music and booze to boot!

Order a breakfast entrée and they'll start you off with three powdered sugar-dusted beignets and an Irish coffee of your choice - frozen or piping hot. Hubs had the six egg Mexican omelet (yeah, we're from Texas) which came with crispy potatoes, a slice each of fresh pineapple and watermelon and two strawberries. He liked it.

I had Eggs Killarney: basically eggs benedict only substitute filet tips for the Canadian bacon and then add a slice of tomato, a perfectly poached egg and top with creamy hollandaise. You get two plus the aforementioned potatoes, fruit, beignets and booze. I could only eat one so I've got leftovers for breakfast on the balcony!

Service was prompt and friendly. The restaurant was filled with families, kids and even a few babies - and the entertainment was tailored for this type of group on a Sunday morning - lone guy with a guitar singing old standards, nothing bawdy.

We've been to McGuire's twice, once for lunch and now for brunch - both were terrific!

South Africa
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place is a little gem. While vacationing outside of Destin, my parents and I went here to eat one evening after reading the good reviews on Trip Advisor. We got there and it was packed! We didnt mind the wait as we knew it had to be packed for a reason. The decor is unbelievable with millions of dollar bills hanging from the ceiling, stapled to the walls, etc. After about 30 mins we were seated. I ordered the hamburger and my parents ordered the shepherds pie. The burger was the biggest burger I have ever had and had great flavor and my parents raved about the pie. Staff was friendly and service was quick. Great atmosphere! Will definitely be back when I am in the Destin area again.

• Visited August 2013
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Good food, good service, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Last year we tried to eat here, but couldn't get in at lunch. Now I know why. Everything we tried here was great. The bread pudding was to die for, Pirate's Punch and other drinks, too. The prices are very reasonable for such good food. They don't scrimp on portions or liquor. And the decor will keep you talking-every available space covered with money. We ate dinner and returned the next day for lunch and had the best service. It's on our list to go back to. They even had live music in the other room. And the kitchen stays open til 2 AM!!

Cleveland, Tennessee
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our first time at McGuire's, and it's too bad we are leaving tomorrow because we want to go back! We had the Reuben egg rolls, the big daddy steak burger, and the senate bean soup, all of which were delicious. The brown bread with the honey butter melts in your mouth. We really liked the atmosphere and the staff was very friendly (Cecelia our server was excellent!). We will definitely come back to McGuire's when we visit the area again.

Shorewood, IL
“Still a Must Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have been to McGuire's roughly 6 times over 3 different visits to the area, and I am happy to report that after our latest visit over Labor Day weekend, everything is still as good as the first time we visited.

The first thing any visitor notices is the atmosphere is pretty wild. Between the Moose Heads on the wall and the million plus dollar bills covering every inch of the place, this is definitely not a run-of-the-mill sports bar. We came at lunch and were seated very quickly.

I have tried various items off the menu, but my favorite is the simple pub burger. The menu offers about 20 different ways to customize it, but whatever the trimmings, you are getting a 3/4 pound burger that is one of the best I have ever had anywhere. Adding the 18 cent bean soup is a must, and the honey-butter and bread that comes with your meal is tremendous. My wife's favorite item here is the bread pudding, which I also think is good, but I'm not sure how you would mess up bread pudding, so the burgers are still my favorite.

There is also a microbrewery on site that makes excellent bears of all different types. My personal favorite is the raspberry wheat. It looks like they are expanding the brewery operation next door, which I will be sure to check on next time we are in the area.

This trip we were with our 2 year old daughter, and while I would not have thought this a good place to take children, I think lunch is easygoing enough for families. I would probably not bring the little one once it gets later into the Happy Hour/Dinner/Late Night Party crowd. I will say she loved all of the scenery, as well as her kids mug that she wanted to keep "toasting" with.

Service was ludicrously fast this trip, (to the point that our meal was out before we were done with our soup), and our tab came to less than what we would be charged at an average sports bar. For the amount and quality of the food, I have found this to always be a great value and a must do at least once per visit.