“Best atmosphere and food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 233 Restaurants in Destin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marianna, Florida
“Best atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to McQuire's many times and have always got great food and great service. I always fill out the service card after my meal because they are that good. The Senate bean soup and bread are a meal on their own. The Irish Wake is fantastic and you get the glass to take home. They are very generous with their portions and don't skimp on anything. They make you feel welcome and give great service. From the hamburgers to the steaks, to the sammies, to the potato balls the food is really good, always fresh and hot. The Irish Bread pudding is amazing and get the shot of whiskey over it, it was good. We always enjoy walking around the gift shop and looking at all the wines and Irish alcohol they have. It's a must for steak lovers or traditional Irish Fair.

• Visited December 2012

Rome, Georgia
“My favorite thing about Destin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was my favorite night out from our trip in Destin! For anyone who visits, you MUST get an Irish Wake! It was so yummy & you get to keep the mason jar as a souvenir. ;] We had the spinach & artichoke dip as an appetizer and I am very tempted to buy the McGuire's cookbook just so I can have the recipe - without a doubt, the best I have ever tasted. Our entrees were equally as delicious. I had the fried shrimp, my boyfriend the corned beef & cabbage, and my mom had a steak. We all enjoyed our meals! The atmosphere was really fun and laid back, and I was very impressed with the service for as busy as they were! After our dinner, we spent probably thirty minutes in the gift shop, which is filled with lots of tempting things to buy! I definitely recommend McGuire's to all who visit Destin! :]

• Visited September 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“First timer and already hooked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Althought we are frequent visitors to the Gulf Coast, we were McGuire's virgins. Now we know what all the fuss was about. This is a great place for fun, food and drink. The bottomless champaign glass on Sundays is a must and the food order came out exactly as ordered (somewhat unusual as we can be difficult and pickey). We sat at the bar which we highly recommend, and most of those around us were locals which says something about the place. If you are in the Destin area and enjoy a lively bar atmosphere, this place is for you.

• Visited December 2012
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My third return visit to the Destin area in 10 years and my third visit to McGuire's, what a great place! The staff is wonderful, the food GREAT, the music the best. I can't wait for my next visit.

• Visited January 2013
Illinois
“A family favorite everytime we're in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I for one am not a big fan of Irish culture. The first time we came here (8 years ago) I was bemoaning the fact that this was more "Irish" than I could handle. That was 8 years ago and we have since been back a total of 15 times. We spend every summer vacaion in Destin/Ft. Walton and have found McGuires to be the thing we most look forward to second only to the beach. We simply love this place and have never, ever had anything short of an excellent experience. From the food to the service to the ambiance, they have hit it out of the park every time. We never mind the wait as there are plenty of things to do nearby. As a family of 6, our order is often varied and every item we've ever ordered has been prepared expertly and delivered fresh and hot. I am partial to their ribs. Every place I order ribs now has to be compared to McGuire's. I would also recommend the Rueben Egg Rolls. Fantastic!! My daughter ordere the Shepherd's Pie and talks about it still to this day. The waitstaff have always been professional, efficient, and most importantly, fun. They haven't lost their sense of fun in pursuit of company profits. Never had a bad one.
The bathroom signs are hilarious (at least that's what the thousands and thousands of customers thought until 1 woman had a problem with them and took McGuire's to court over them) and we love watching people react to them.
Not a big drinker but I didn't see what the big deal was about their signature drink the Irish Wake. It was pretty expensive but the tasted didn't bowl me over. Just a personal preference I guess.
There is simply no way one can walk out of this place and give it a negative review. Has to be tried at least once.

• Visited July 2012