“Worth the trip” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 237 restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a very nice family restaurant and I would return if I'm in the area again. Its one of those Tried and True restaurants that's withstood the test of time.The place is huge...3 levels. Sit on the top level to catch a breeze and the best views of the water at sunset. I had the Caesar Salad with salmon. The salmon piece was huge and absolutely delicious. Then I sampled some of the smoked prime rib my husband ordered. It was a little dry to my liking, but certainly a good bet if you like prime rib. The service was just OK... It took forever to get a drink refill and the waiter wasn't the happiest guy. I'd rather go back to the Marina Cafe for a 5 Star dining experience for less money. Early dining there will get you a free entree ($35 value), the best waiter around (Anderson) and an evening to remember.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Westerville, Ohio
“GO HERE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I can not say enough about this place. We'd driven up to Destin from Panama City to shop at the outlet's...and everyone told us to try McGuires. I'm so thankful we did!! The place is a blast... amazing house brewed beer -- smoked ribs and steaks are to DIE for. And the "free" bread they bring you is one of the best things I've ever eaten. And don't forget to visit the awesome gift shop. This place is the best and it will be added to our "must eat at" list for years & years to come.

• Visited September 2012
Hamilton, Ohio
“Great food, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Fun restaurant with great food! We had 2 great steak burgers w/fries, 3 bowls of their famous bean soup, 4 alcoholic beverages & a coke all under 36.00! (We were there during Happy Hour.) This restaurant is a must if you are vacationing in this area. Warning...it seems to get crazy busy around 6:00 pm. That speaks volumes considering it is October & there was still a line out the door. Well worth the wait! Thanks McGuire's!

• Visited October 2012
Shalimar, Florida
“Break out yer kilts boys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Although my husband is Scottish (not Irish) he always has to wear his kilt when we go...which is often. Great food. I always end up taking half of mine home due to the large portion sizes. Party atmosphere. And my big Scotsman loves the Irish Wakes and the bagpipers. Oh, and It's always fun to send an innocent 'new' person to the bathroom

Visited August 2012
GA
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had exceptional service! Really fun atmosphere and the kids enjoyed hanging their dollars. Food was great and there was lots of it!

• Visited July 2012