“Nice but horrible dirty pools” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Majestic Sun

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Majestic Sun to your Saves list
Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Majestic Sun
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   77 Seascape Blvd, Destin, FL 32550 (Formerly Fairfield Destin at Majestic Sun)   |
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Destin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
“Nice but horrible dirty pools”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I bought into the Wyndham resort to try it. My first vacation was here. I was told I had a ocean front and ended up an ocean view. Condo was very nice, linens crisp and clean, bed comfy. Nicely decorated. staff was super if you could find where to check in. Signage is horrible so I drove, parked, went in and out to another place about 3 times. Again, I have to say the staff was super! Always smiles and very very helpful. The pools were horrible. Last night decided to find them all. The front one (inside and outside one) was so dirty the white tiles were black with crud. The hot tubs would have had more bubbles if I farted! 2 of the other pools were green with algi! Not nice at all. Would I stay here again? Yes. So now I have 3 other vacations planned with this thing we bought but I dont think I will buy into it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This resort is great and the staff was unbelievably wonderful, but be aware this resort is the side facing building, not the oceanfront building. I was unaware of this. And there is a lot of confusion when people are checking in. I first went to the oceanfront building, then was sent to the Arial Dunes, then finally to the side building where the Wyndham check in was. I cannot say enough about how outstanding the staff was, and we had a 2 bedroom lock off that was fantastic. Beach was unbelievable, better than some Caribbean islands I have been to. We did both sets of outlets, and the Pirate ship with our kids, which was awesome. We loved the Majestic Sun so much we bought a Wyndham timeshare to come back every year!! Love this place. Great job Wyndham, great staff!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room so you can see the ocean. We were on the 10th floor and it was great!! Check in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Larned
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My mother daughter and I stayed a week at Wyndham Majestic Sun. I am a Wyndham owner but it was our first time here. It has become my favorite Wyndham property so far. We had a one bedroom that slept 4. King size bed with queen size sleeper sofa. Had what I would call a bath and a half, but only one toilet. The unit had a full kitchen that was stocked with everything we needed right down to a blender, coffee pot, and dish washer. We had a nice view from our balcony. It was a short walk to the beach, probably 50 yards. The sand and emerald coast waters of miramar beach are the prettiest I've ever been on. Each day there was lemon cucumber water in the lobby. I know that doesn't sound that good but it was so refreshing after a day in the sun on the beach. We plan on returning to this location on a regular basis.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We are Wyndham vacation owners. First time time stay at Majestic Sun. We had booked to stay at Bay Club 2, our usual spot. The afternoon of arrival we learned from the management our Bay Club unit was flooded and not usable for us. KenAllison, manager, and his staff could not have been more accommodating, customer service at its best! One option was the Majestic Sun unit. It worked out fabulous. Only activity we missed was the bike riding which our 3 grand kids really enjoy at Bay Club in Sandestin. Other wise the beach and pools were very accessible and nice.
Unit was clean, large enough for 2 adults and 3 sm grand kids. Parking easy. My husband and I enjoyed sitting on balcony after kids were in bed to watch ocean and activity below us. It was somewhat noisy but not offensive. Again we can not say enough positive about the Wyndham management !! They were very willing do do whatever we needed to make our stay comfortable and fun!!!

Room Tip: All units are ocean view. 4th floor has widest balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a perfectly located resort. The unit we rented slept 8 and was very nice. The View was so amazing of the emerald waters of Miramar Beach. The walk to the beach was easy and the sand was very pretty. The location is very safe and kids are free to move around with out fear of trouble. There are plenty of places within walking distance to eat and buy supplies for your condo.

Room Tip: be sure your room has view of the beach
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great place overall. The front desk associates were always cheerful and helpful. The grounds were very well-maintained. Even for a busy holiday week; the lobby was well attended and clean. Elevator service was great; as well. Again, busy holiday week and monsoon-type weather when everyone is going up and down to their respective condo units; it was suprisingly good.
The units themselves were impressive. Stayed in a 2 bedroom; which consisted of King Master, and 2 queen guest accomodations. The furnishings appeared to be new or recently replaced. The unit was spacious, clean, and well-appointed; including a washer and dryer. In addition, the insulation here is great. The only noise we heard was random sounds above us; around bed time. Chairs scraping and what could only be described as beads bouncing. I can't even guess what was going on above me; but it happened three nights in a row. It didn't spoil my stay here, though. Would definitely return again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SHARPSBURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great views - steps from gulf - 3 pools, two hot tubs. Spacious accommodations.
Can't wait to return. Quiet and comfy!
My unit had nicely appointed kitchen, washer/dryer. Two bedrooms/Two baths.
Flat screens - DVD and VCR. Each unit is different - so ask

Room Tip: I prefer higher up to view the surroundings.
Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Majestic Sun? Share your experiences!