“I would go back only with my grandchild” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Club Destin Condos

You added Club Destin Condos to your Saves list
Club Destin Condos
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1085 Hwy. 98, Destin, FL 32541 (Formerly Club Destin Resort)   |
Ranked #56 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Destin
New Orleans, Louisiana
“I would go back only with my grandchild”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The place was good and bad. The good was it was excellent for children, movie theater, indoor pool, face painting, magic show and other entertainment. The service was good, as many towels as we needed, or whatever we needed for our room.
The bad was the staff didn't know very much. They told us the local restaurants closed at 10 PM on Saturday night but they were wrong, it was 11. They could not tell us the location to an airport.
We had to walk to the dumpster with our trash. The sofa bed was terrible, lumpy and very uncomfortable. The room was very, very dark. The beach was far away, we had to go to the stop light, cross a very busy street, walk down pass several large hotels, find the gate then walk down a long alley to the beach, then walk through tons of umbrellas to get to the water. It was too much work so instead we got in our cars and drove down to another beach across from Walmart and paid $6.00 to park our car.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I have never been one to write any types of reviews until we visited this hotel! The information given on the website is very misleading. The term "resort" is used loosely! The main thing I wished we would have been aware of is the so called beach access. To start off, the hotel is across the road from the beach. We were told we would have a "short 7 min" walk to get to the private beach access. We talked to the lady at the front about reserving beach chairs for the day. She said they didn't have beach chairs available for their guests! We ended up going next door to purchase our own chairs & umbrella. Once we finally got settled, we were approached by a young man who said we would need to move. Since we were not guests of the hotel directly on the beach, we needed to leave. When we asked where we were supposed to be, he said about 1 mile down on the public beach! We were mortified that we had to pack everything up and leave. We were prepared to walk across the street to get to the beach, but didn't realize we we couldn't stay once we got there! The entire beach experience was a nightmare. As far as the "resort"....the rooms are small and dingy. The free high speed internet is not available in the rooms, but only on the lobby. The pool was the nicest thing at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Batesville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

First off I want to say that I guess we really got what we paid for. We stayed in the eff. condo. Rooms were clean and nice. The kitchen had everything you need, extra pillows and covers in the closet. The staff was very friendly but they are stingy with their towels and wash clothes. We had a light bulb out in the kitchen part and maintenance came right away to put in a new one. It is located in a good location, we walked most of the places we went. It's right across the street from The Track and walking distance to Big Kahuna's water park. Really the only bad thing is having to walk so far to the beach. It says a 7 minute walk, we never actually timed it but it seemed so much longer than that. You have to walk to the crosswalk (at hwy 98 which is a 4 lane hwy) then you have to walk down the street and then down a walk way. Once you get there the private beach is only about 30 ft across so everyone from the resort is piled into that one spot. I really suggest to just go to the public beach. I guess for the price it's great but I would have really liked for it to be an easier route to the beach. I know this may not be a big deal just thinking about it but when you have to chairs, an umbrella, a cooler and a bag it's not easy. I would stay here again if it was the only thing I could afford but if I could get something closer to the beach it would be a lot better. Also I would try to get a room on the outside of the building, the inside smelled really strong of chlorine from the pool that I don't know if I would have been able to stand it.

Room Tip: bookit.com had great deals
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

When we first walked in our room smelled like smoke. After that we found that our bathroom was NOT clean and the bathtub was MOLDY. The staff members were also very unfriendly. I will never give this place my money again. Such a horrible experience. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I was with an old college & Army buddy for an inshore fishing trip with Shikari Charters in Destin. This property was very clean & front desk folks helpful. Loved the WiFi and access to the main hwy. A very quiet setting and could not hear any unpleasant noises from the room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Stayed in a eff.unit a bit small but got a great price. $79 per night so it was a good deal. Beds are against window and the sun rises from east so no sleeping in unless you are in one of the 1 br units with a inside entrance. If your just needing a place to lay your head then its ok.

• Stayed March 2011
Huntington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Club Destin has just about everything a family could want. The indoor pool is big, nice indoor hot tub, 24hr movie watching, a shuffleboard court , and the outdoor pool, which is small but restrooms right there. We had a one bedroom that was great, beds firm,two bathrooms and everything needed for kitchen. I would say there were only two drawbacks. One there is no view...blinds needed to be closed at all times as people walking by could see in. The walk to the beach, which for adults is not a problem, but with small kids it would be a bit of a job. You have to cross a very busy highway,there is a light tho, but in the case of needing something after you got to the beach it is a hike. You must also take your own beach chairs. Staff was very friendly and helpful,the entertainment area was as clean as one could want.,with tables and areas to have family gatherings or to dine in.We were there at a quiet time but even with the neighbors on one side of our room we never heard them or their TV. Other than wanting a view and balcony I would go back in a minute.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Destin Condos? Share your experiences!