“Great service and food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #139 of 233 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great service and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our waiter was absolutely great, even though is pulled a double shift he kept our tea glasses filled and he was awesome! The food was great! The shrimp was just like they just caught it them selves. Very good. Will go back, thanks.

Visited August 2012

Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Good Ole Home Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Cracker Barrell was close to our condo and we were tired and hungry. The service was fantastic, thank you Travis. My order was the chicken fried steak, corn, hash brown casserole, and fried okra. There wasn't a thing left on my plate. They keep the temperature very cold so be prepared. I wore a sleeveless outfit over my bathing suit and was cold.

Visited August 2012
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Good famiy food but ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Large portions, nice servers, dismal atmosphere. Very loud and food is of average quality. Inexpensive for the large portion sizes

Visited July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not one of their better stores!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Went here for breakfast on a rainy morning when other plans got cancelled. It was past the morning rush, but we managed to get a server who obviously did not want to be at work. She took our drink order right away and brought my coffee and my daughter's chocolate milk - so far, so good. But then she moved off to another table without taking our order, went back to the kitchen and disappeared for sometime. When she finally came back out, she stopped at two other tables before us, including one that had just emptied which she proceeded to bus - all before she took our food order. When we finally flagged her down to place the food order, she acted like she had never seen us before. When the food came out, big surprise, the order was wrong. Another 15 minutes to try to flag her down again to get it corrected. Coffee refills were strictly for other tables with other servers, not us. When I finally got her attention to bring me more coffee, she wanted to take my plate even though I was still eating. My daughter asked for a to go box for her food and I was finished with my food when she came back, so I put my plate to the side so that she could take it and I could enjoy my last cup of coffee; however, she proceeded to grab up my spoon and just stopped herself from grabbing my coffee cup with my hand still on it. This was the worst experience I have ever had at any Cracker Barrel across the country - I will never eat at this location again when I'm in the Destin area. Another Broken Egg has better food and better service - this was a joke.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I had seen signs for Cracker Barrel all down the interstates and had assumed the they were just another homogenised fast food chain. Well, tried this one in Destin as we were looking for something quick and it was quite decent. The beef stew had meat and veg and flavour even if the gravy was a little bit gloopy. The blt was fine and the fries were hand cut. The house salad was pretty good. Service was attentive and the manager came round all the tables to make sure everything was ok. Would eat in this chain again.