“GRAND CARIBBEAN WEST WAS AWESOME” 5 of 5 stars

You added Grand Caribbean East to your Saves list
Grand Caribbean East
3291 Scenic Hwy. 98, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #29 of 57 Specialty Lodging in Destin
“GRAND CARIBBEAN WEST WAS AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Where can I start, we checked in at 2:30 to see if the room was ready, surprisingly enough our condo #102 was ready to check in. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. I lived in Destin for 6 years ten years ago so I was familiar with the area and the location of the property. WOW, the condo was clean and had everything needed for a long stay. One queen bed, two bunk beds and a sleeper sofa in the living room. The pool was right outside our door. I am a chef so I was surprise to see all the gadgets in the kitchen:) I was in heaven...The beach was across the street, I never even wore shoes to the beach; it was so close. I went grocery shopping to Publix, and The FRESH Market(WHole Foods), everyone in Destin is so friendly, the kids were a little surprise about the friendlyness in Destin. We live in New England:) Outside Boston. No regrets, the only thing I would complain about is sooo small:) The only frying pan provided by the condo was a stainless steel pan..You have to be a good cook to fry eggs...lol (you need a non stick to fry eggs)....lol, my advise is to skip egg making ,eat out for breakfast... Must pay for WIFI- We brought our own laptop--Everything else was wonderful.....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed at Grand Caribbean East this year for our 3rd Spring Break in a row in Destin. 1st year was in Grand Caribbeam West 302 which was unimpressive, 2nd year was in Crystal Sands 315-A which was very nice but very expensive, and this year was in Grand Caribbean East 108. For value for the dollar, we found This years unit to easily be the best of the three.

Check-in was seamless, and we were very impressed with the cleanliness and condition of the condo upon arrival. We were treated to a very elegant, homey feel which was very comforting after driving through what seemed like a hurricane to get there. This cond was very well furnished, and had strong signal wifi internet access. All appliances worked great and were in newer condition. This unit was poolside which was really awesome as it was right out the patio door and into the pool. The pool and hot tub area are in super condti8on and are well maintained. The only negative is they now turn the pool heat off in mid March as opposed to end of March two years ago, which is too soon in my opinion. The pool was nearly unswimable due to cold water.

Beach access is right across Old Highway 98, which is pretty easy to get across and right down the ramp to the beach. The beach is wonderful, and very relaxing.

I would easily recommend to friends and we wanted to stay again this year but the winter guests are staying later this year so we will have to look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Carribean East for seven nights in June. The best part about the hotel is the location. Just off the main strip and right across from the beach. We rented through vacationrentals.com and the room was clean and as described in the ad. There were plenty of kids in the pool so its a good spot for families. Nothing fancy but a nice little hotel near the beach.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

We love this condo. We have visited every year for the past five years without any problems. Our room is always very clean and is equipped with a microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer, dvd player, and so on. The pool area has always been very clean. The walk to the beach takes a matter of minutes. This is a great place to stay and we will continue to stay at Grand Car. on our family trips to destin.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2007

I took my daughter here for her senior spring break along with a few responsible friends. I stayed with them of course in a one bedroom unit that slept 2 adult, 4 teens. I knew this property because my Mother lives in Destin and I use the public beach area across the street on scenic 98 and had gone by it many times. The location is perfect, with beach access across the street. You are within easy access to the Bays Common shopping mall and all the Destin has to offer. But, best of all , it is rather quiet and family oriented here on this part of the beach. The rooms are wonderful. The one bedroom is towards the back and the two bunks are in the hall. The kitchen/living area has a pull out sofa bed and a nice balcony facing the beach side and pool. The sofa bed was not comfortable, so the kids pulled out the mattress and put it on the floor and that made for a more firm and comfortable night. Although this was not a wild and crazy senior trip experience, it was perfect for my teen who really just wanted to be with her friends and enjoy the beach. I highly recommend this property for any family. I will stay here again !!

Stayed April 2006
Hamilton,Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

We stayed in room GE205 at Grand Caribbean East. It is a one bedroom condo. This is a very clean and quite place to stay on your vacation. It is very afforable and we got alot of extras with booking this unit with Dale Peterson Vacations. Free golf, fishing trip with the kids and viedo rentals. The pool and hot tub was very nice and to get to the beach is a short walk across the street.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

Stayed during Spring Break. I would suggest you come to Destin at another time. We could not get anywhere by car because of traffic.

As for this unit, it was basic. Lacked any extras at all. I would suggest you bring your own kitchen utensils. Also, the coffee maker did not work.

Two days before we were to leave, 12 people checked into the unit next door.(I counted them!!) It would only sleep six at the most. At night it sounded like they were bouncing off the walls. So we left a day early.

At the pool, they were in the process of installing a new fence. It made it hard to enjoy the pool. I don't know why they didn't do this at another time, they had all winter!

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Grand Caribbean East? Share your experiences!