“Beach right across the Street” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beachside Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Beachside Inn
Save Saved
You added Beachside Inn to your Saves list
2931 Scenic Hwy. 98, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Destin B&B and Inns
Carnegie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Beach right across the Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were here for one night due to a Wedding that was being held near by. Perfect place, room had everything you need, clean, and very nice decor, Beach right across a small old highway, waking distance to shopping and eateriers.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor room, a little more quite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Apex, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The young lady who made our reservation was a doll. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Beach access was right across the street. Housekeeping was fabulous. Jenny at Camilles Breakfast Cafe was just a ray of sunshine and Peggy went out of her way to make our stay wonderful.

The jacuzzi is HOT!!!! My husband and I loved this, but it is definitely NOT for kids.

Next time we get to go to Destin, this is where we will stay!!

Room Tip: Then only thing I would caution is if you are early to bed, try to get a room as far away from Cami...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is an older & beachier motel (updated)... not like the white-wine condos & Hiltons that are everywhere now. I stayed here for over a week -- I had planned to use it to scout the area for a dog-friendly condo or house to rent (there aren't many available), but decided to stay. Kellie & Peggy & Salina are delightful and took care of everything I needed. They made a huge fuss over Carly, my Westie -- most places act as though a dog is a nuisance, even a well-behaved one. The cafe has an outdoor area (Carly was even invited inside) & I was blessed with sunny weather so it worked well. I had never had a vanilla cream stuffed pretzel before but ended up buying one every day... and additional ones for local friends & family I visited who raved about them. They are so good. Camille's is the upstairs evening restaurant (there is a separate bar which I did not go into) with a view of the gulf -- I had very good shrimp, scallops & steak there. I would think it would be a noisy place to stay during the summer & spring break -- the parking lot noise is substancial as people leave the restaurant & bar. At the end of October I only really noticed it on Saturday nights... the one time it was crowded. The bed was outstanding... so good I asked Kellie what kind it was and she found out for me (I may order one for my house). One big downside -- no comfortable chair or reading light -- the four chairs at the table are rock-hard so I had to read in bed. Peggy said they are working on adding them in each unit. This is a condo motel -- different owners for units. Kellie & Peggy work for the rental agency which is why there is no one at the desk at night. It could be a problem if you want to check in after 5 PM -- be sure they know when you are arriving. I will definitely go back since I always visit my family in the off-season down there and this is the perfect place to take my dog (I hate leaving her at home in a kennel). I don't know if I would stay there during the peak times... but most places are a hassle that time of year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Let me say right away that the ladies at reception and the room attendant were most charming and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable and the towels artistically folded. There are no smoking rooms but you can step outside the door where, on the upstairs floor at least, there are some garden chairs and tables on a covered veranda. The kitchenette however, consisted of a microwave and the teensiest fridge. There were no plates,cups,glasses,pots,or utensils of any kind except two very flimsy plastic glasses and no work surface to speak of. When we enquired about spoons etc. the delightful Peggy could come up with only one knife but agreed that maybe it was something they should think about. Fortunately I always bring some of my own and, pertinent to English travellers, a multi voltage kettle! The location is great; short of being directly on the beach, you couldn't be closer but note that it's 25 dollars a day to hire a chair and umbrella regardless of how long you're there. The inclusive breakfast consisted of going 'round to the attached coffee shop and presenting your voucher which entitled you to...a muffin; not any muffin but only selected ones; and some mediocre coffee in a cardboard cup. We soon skipped this in favour of the truly fine American breakfasts available in any number of local restaurants. There is a good restaurant at the end of the aforementioned veranda. I was,however awakened two or three times in the small hours by either patrons loudly leaving the parking lot, or the boisterous jests of the restaurant staff closing up for the night. There are many good restaurants nearby and a good supermarket (we bought plates!) and, of course, Destin itself has everything to offer in the grand American style. The pool area was nice but there was no shade and no umbrellas to shelter from the hot sun. My partner dipped her toe into the jacuzzi which was fortunate as the water was scaldingly hot. As I said: good,but with a few tweaks could be so much better.

Room Tip: Try to be furthest from the restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lighthouse Point, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Beachside Inn is an older property that appears to have been recently and successfully updated. Our room was on the first floor, and everything was clean, neat, and tidy. The bathroom was well laid out, and there were plenty of good quality towels.

The walls between the rooms seemed pretty sound-proof. At least, we did not hear anything from either side of us, nor from above. However, the exterior wall, mostly window, was paper thin and every little sound in the parking lot sounded like it was at the foot of the bed. Early morning or late night conversations outside can disturb a light sleeper.

The location across from the beach was very convenient for swimmers and sun worshipers, but the layout of this part of Destin means you will pretty much need a car to reach anywhere else.

The registration desk is only open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, which was not a problem for us, but if there is something that needs attention outside if those hours, there is only a telephone number to call.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay, and I would gladly consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We drove down the day before our condo was going to be ready. They had a room available and what a great place to stay! Awesome Coffee shop, awesome restaraunt, and two different pools.

Kids had a great time and right across from the beach. ;)

• Stayed July 2012
Hiram, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We recently stayed at the Beachside Inn. Myself, my husband, two teenage girls and our lab. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was friendly at both the hotel and the on-site coffee shop. You couldn't ask for a better location. Right across from the public beach access. Within a mile you have great shopping and eating. It's quiet and quaint. Located among beautiful beach homes. We took a morning and evening walk with the dog and it was great. The stay includes breakfast at the on site coffee shop. A range of drinks and wonderful muffins/rolls. It was just the right amount before a day at the beach. We also tried smoothies and iced coffees that were delicious. Also, there is a rental place on site for YOLO boards, scooters, bikes and kayaks. We rented the YOLO board and the owner was super friendly and helpful. The pool area was nice as well. It wasn't huge but perfect for a dip after a day at the beach. Really the only thing I could say was a little disappointing was no wifi. They kept saying it would be fixed but never was. It actually was a blessing since my teenagers had to spend time with us!! HAHA!! I recommend this for a family. We will be back next year!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was nice. No railings to hang wet towels on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!