“Honeymoon Blues” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Honeymoon Blues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I wanted to get away for a romantic weekend without having to drive very far, yet have an exciting time. On a last minute deal, we decided to drive towards Destin, Florida and stay in one of the resorts at the village, specifically the LeCiel. The accommodations were nice, modern and sophisticated. However, due to its age and construction (concrete), the radiant noise left us with a stay to be less desired. We were awakened throughout the night and well into the morning with doors slamming from guest next door. Their kid kept banging on the balcony rails which also were heard in our room. The house keeping staff showed little regard to the guest as they kept going in and out of the rooms in our area without closing the doors tenderly so you were startled the doors slamming against the locks that latch the door at eye level. Needless to say, I had to let property management know about what transpired. After informing them of the ruined experience during our honeymoon getaway, they certainly made up for the entire occasion. We even had to turn down a night because we could not stay due to having to return work. They certainly believe in making sure that you have a positive experience upon departure. They shifted our accommodations to the beach side of the resort which made up for the bad night. We relocated to the Luau which is a newer more updated property. It was too cold to get in the pool, but we enjoyed just strolling along the sidewalks and holding hands. Overall, we would certainly return and I am also a travel agent so it was good to see that they would extend such great service to my clients if they were impacted in the same manner. Great resort, location and food is a plus! A perfect couple of nights would have yielded a 5 rating, but would have been lower if the experience wasn't salvaged.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Eastpoint, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

From the outstanding views, the activities for the kids and adults. It is a great family vacation spot or a getaway for couples. Dining is wonderful with so many choices. This is the absolute best vacation spot I have ever been to.

• Stayed November 2011
austin, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed at Overlook Point which is situated right at the main entrance to Baytowne Wharf. We arrived to no parking in the "restricted" overnight garage because the general public was allowed to park in the garage. So condo owners/renters had to fight it out with drunk drivers for parking spots. This happened several times while I was there in one week.

The entrance to Baytowne Wharf is filled with trams, cars, buses and loud obnoxious people all day long and all night. If you want to enjoy your "private" patio and the ocean breeze - forget it! If you like being around drunk a-holes and yelling then this is the place for you!

My advice - if you have kids or like to party and don't care about noise, privacy or relaxing then have at it!! If you prefer privacy and the ability to chill out, relax and enjoy yourself then stay somewhere else! I've stayed at the Bahia in the same resort for 2 years and it was wonderful!!! It's not in the Baytowne Wharf center and you can enjoy your patio and outdoor space. Actually any condo on that end of the Bay would be better - Bahia, Elation, Grand SanDestin are all good choices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

The prices on their menu were not reflected in the amount we were (over)charged on Christmas Day. We brought this to the owners attention & she did not correct our bill but did admit the fault was hers. Very bad business!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My sister had made a reservation here, so I decided to come along. It was during New Year's, so the place was somewhat crowded. I had to sleep on a converter bed because the other bed was dirty. Then, around 2:00 in the morning, I awoke to a fire alarm blaring in the hallway. It ended up being a false alarm, which really worsened my thoughts about this place. I would not return to this place ever again!

Room Tip: Try to get the townhouses. They are way much better.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I were looking forward to staying at this place given the positive rating from many previous visitors. We were extremely disappointed by the our stay there though. The room was already prepaid through Bookit. com and was not ready for check in when we arrived at 3PM. Finally we got a room at 6PM at the "Pilot House" # 324, which was a small room with 2 double beds and NO CHAIR. The TV was a 19" tube TV with very limited channels and the view was blocked by trees. It was dark in the room during the day without the lights on. Access to the room is difficult and we have to walk across the hot indoor parking garage to go to the restaurants and shops. We were awakened at 3 AM by loud fire alarm and had to scramble outside with other travelers in our sleeping apparel. It was false alarm! The parking garage was full beyond capacity on the 1st night that we had to hunt for a parking spot far away from our room. On check out we were charged additional $50 for "resort fee" despite having the stay prepaid in full. Needless to say we did not even get a chance to use the included 2 hr bike rental or 1 hr of canoeing. Overall, a very disappointing and stressful stay. We will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Do not book through third party.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Eastpoint, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I have been married and working for the past 18 years and my wife surprised me by a vacation albeit for only one night at the baytowne wharf village. I almost instantly fell in love with this place it is laid back and has all the shops and places to eat you could want. We only saw half of what they have to offer.The condos are nice and the area is so peaceful . You park your car and then walk every where. I live in a tourist town so shops and things do not impress me much but this place had everything . I would suggest it to anyone family with small or teeage kids or just a couple getting away. it has it all. So i went 18 years without a vacation I already booked a weekend in a month for my second.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Village of Baytowne Wharf? Share your experiences!