“great vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Surf & Racquet Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Holiday Surf & Racquet Club
510 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #8 of 58 Specialty lodging in Destin
Midlothian, Texas
“great vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

On the recommendation of a friend we chose Holiday Surf Club for my families first visit to NW Florida. Our expectations were met upon arrival and by the time we checked out the staff had exceeded our expectaions. The room on the 7th floor was more than we hoped for. It was very clean, everything worked and there were beach toys in the closet. The beach was fantastic and the people handling the beach chairs and umbrellas were equally as accomodating. Great stay and we will return for our next trip to the area.

Room Tip: stay on the beach not across the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Marion, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Surf & Racquet Club while vacationing in Destin in September, 2012. We were so pleased with the condo which had a recliner. It is not easy to find condos with recliners anymore. The condo was clean and had an upgraded kitchen. Our view from our 3rd floor balcony was breathtaking. The only problem with the balcony is that it is screened in so it is very hard to take pictures, etc. All the balconies are screened. We didn't have to worry about bugs getting into our condo though. The tennis courts are in perfect condition. The free 2 chair umbrellas on the beach were a great touch. We met some lovely people. We felt very safe with the location and security. The age range of people staying at the Club was quite varied which made it nice. The condos are quiet and very clean. The staff was outstanding. They were always speaking to us and recommended fantastic places to dine. I highly recommend staying at this condo resort. It seems to be a little older complex, but very well maintained.It is on Holiday Isle which is close to many of the nicer restaurants in Destin. Just a short drive to shopping. Holiday Surf & Racquet Club was a delightful place to stay. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome.

Room Tip: If we return to this complex, we would like to stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I planned a beach get away following our daughter's wedding. Unit #613 was updated and could not have been decorated more attractively. The bed was comfortable, television was great including DVD player, as was balcony (screened in) view of the ocean. All the photos on VRBO were accurate. (Bring your own paper towels, coffee filters and an extra roll of toilet paper, however.) My husband made use of the fitness facility. We were able to use the computer in the lobby when wireless did not seem to work in unit. There was a large selection of DVD's to borrow in rental office of Holiday Isle Properties, Inc. Nice outdoor pool, but no hot tub, tennis courts and shuffle board.

Room Tip: Decor varies by unit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

No, it is not new, but its location in Destin is perfect! No noisy highway with tons of traffic or cluttered shopping/bars/attractions/restaurants next door. (That is all available just one mile down the road. Walking distance if you choose.) This place is all residential, condos and private homes. One of the world’s most beautiful quarts beaches (it does not get Hot!)
The only problem along the entire Emerald Coast is there is no shade, so an umbrella is recommended (comes with condo rental). Usually the shoreline is very calm, perfect for little ones. Numerous great restaurants within five miles (McGuire’s Irish Pub is my favorite with Callahan’s and AJ's close behind).
My wife and I have traveled all over the world and every other year we come back to this place. We've visited many other condo unites from Pensacola to the Shores of Alabama but nothing has interested us away from here. Yes, I'm a senior but my kids and grandchildren all love this place as well. It feels like home.

Room Tip: Pictures of each unit are on their web page. All rooms have balconies facing the golf. First floor u...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

This place was ok. It was relatively priced. The whole place good use a facelift. And the beds... My god. I can sleep anywhere (or so I thought) but did not sleep well here. It felt like they were made out of straw! Miserable. The place is A bit dreary and drab. The staff were good but when would not let us check out late. The pool is between the hotel and the tennis court. Sure it's nice to have a tennis court but it blocks the view of the beach and makes the pool area feel like a dungeon. There is nothing within walking distance; food, bar etc. we did have a kitchen though.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My family and I spent last week at HSRC and enjoyed every bit of it. Everything we needed was just in arms reach, the rooms were emaculant and the service was awesome. The check in lady at the front desk Karen wasted no time in getting my family situated and was so friendly love her attitude! Also there was a young lady named Kisha that did our Linen exchange for us and brought it back to our room with kindness, she also recommended a few places for dining and entertainment and told us not to be hesitant to call housekeeping or the front desk for anything, we felt right at home, will be coming back next year.

• Stayed July 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Since before I can remember my dad has brought me here, and my sister who recently was there in July, loved the pics!!! I am from arkansas, my adventures at home are going to the lake every summer as well. Nothing! I mean nothing! can compare to the memories at destin and this resort.I am 28 years old my father passed away last July my plan is to take my kids this up comming week and I am horrified at what some people are rating this resort, to a child you really dont care about sticky crap on a refrig. or cabinet or if people are making to much noise after 10 pm. This is a vaction that you will make a lot of pictures and home videos to review when you are an adult. Frankly put like I have done since my dad passed away. If you want a place that has quite time and nothing wrong with it look for a 5 star hotel, if you want a place to make real memories and a staff that tries to make this a place to remember, that try there hardest to keep a older building a live for many more generations. This is your place. I know it will be for my family we are going on our third generation.... Thankyou for the memories!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Surf & Racquet Club? Share your experiences!