First, I must mention that every staff member I met was professional and very friendly. (Well, with the exception of one old, rude lifeguard who absolutely refused to answer ONE question about rip currents, at a time when we weren't allowed to swim for 2 days because of rip currents. He did his job just fine but he was as unpleasant as could be.)
Well, I hate to tear this place apart because it's truly in a perfect location...but the hotel was just terrible.
- Guests are responsible for doing their own dishes (which is fine). But the guests previous to us must have put away ALL of the dishes wet because they smelled overwhelmingly like mold. We had to re-wash all of the dishes before using them.
- There was either mold on the bathroom ceiling or the paint was chipping off, but either way it was very unslightly (see photos).
- There were unidentifiable drips of brown gunk on both the smaller bedroom wall and on the kitchen cabinets (see photos). Gross.
- The toilet leaked.
- The cabinet doors look like they've been painted over about 10 times. They were sticky to the touch and would also stick shut. Also, they did some spotty touch-up paint jobs (see photos).
- Quiet time begins at 10 p.m., but a full-on party was raging until after 11 at the BBQ pit. When I asked the partiers to please quiet down, they actually came to my door and began yelling louder. I called security and he was honest enough to admit that the head security guard gave the partiers permission to party past curfew. Then what's the point of quiet time?! Apparently, though, security did eventually ask them to quiet down because they all left by midnight.
- The sofa sleeper - as with most sofa sleepers - was very uncomfortable. But my family claims the beds in the other 2 rooms were relatively comfortable.
I would never stay here again; it's just too expensive for a place in such major need of cleaning/repairs/renovations.
NOTE: Guests must do a linen exchange twice a week; there are no housekeeping services.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.