“Pleasant stay” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1040 Hwy 98 E, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #26 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Destin
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Sundestin was a nice resort. Beach was great. View from room was awesome. Resort was clean and staff were great. Heated pool and hot tub were small for a resort that size. But we made do. Only real negative was the dryer on our floor sucked. After paying 2 times our clothes were still not dry. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Eatonton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice resort, nice staff and nice beach area. Family had a good time and location is good for the Destin area. It is an older complex, but was clean and served the purpose of a nice place to go for spring break. Easy beach access and convenient walk to The Back Porch" restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Corner two bed condo was nice!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
St. Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The resort is located so that there is direct access to the beach... Quite expensive to rent chairs and umbrellas however ...service on beach was ok... Room very small and very dark....absolutely nothin supplied except first trash bags dish soap one roll paper towels two rolls toilet paper two small soap bars... That makes Walmart very happy

Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I rated this place just average only because its an older complex. Its in a great location and has pretty much everything you need on site. After reading the many complaints about the beach chair situation I was very concerned, luckily the resort was not booked to capacity and it was not so bad. I called ResortQuest & the resort itself 3 times before my arrival trying to get an answer about bringing my own chairs and umbrella, the umbrella was the question I never could get a answer to. Yes you can bring your own chairs but as far as umbrella's are concerned they have to be commercial grade. And there lies the problem, no one will tell you over the phone what they consider commercial grade. You have to take your umbrella to the guy who rents them at the resort & let him determine that lol. In other words leave your umbrella's at home. We had a great time but its not somewhere I would want to stay during peak season because the beach boundries are small & confined. Another point to take into consideration is very few units have washers & dryers in them and the ones that do are nearly useless, they are so small you can only wash one beach towel at a time. They must have been made for campers, my advice is just use the laundry room at the resort and save yourself a lot of time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed there recently and it was beautiful. We watched the dolphins in the morning and went swimming in the heated pool at night. My niece is 6 and she loved the arcade and bunk beds. There was plenty of space for the 6 of us plus visitors. The restaurant downstairs was not too bad either.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This year we took a vacation with my mom, sister, my husband, and two small children. We called ahead to make sure we could get a room key late at night for my husband and myself because we worked late. My mom and sister and my kids left ahead of us and got there on time...no problem. The person who talked to me and told us there would be NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER with us getting our key at 12am when we got there. WELL...we get there and NOT ONE PERSON is in the lobby. I could here someone talking in an office. I said HELLO....no answer. waited a few minutes and said it again...no answer. (i guess if he thought he quit talking so i couldn't hear him i would go away) I said HEELLOOOO!!! ...again! This guy comes out with this look on his face like I just pissed him off! He looks me me then the clock then me again and goes "WHAT!?!?" Excuse me but is that a way to talk to a guest??? I said I need to get a key to our room...my mom checked in already. He looks at the clock..again ...and says check in was at three. Me::I know. I called and you guys said I could get a key when I get here. Him::Why don't you have a key. ME:: Because I just got here. I work. I just finished a 9 hour drive. My kids are asleep in the room..I don't want to knock and wake them up. HIM:: looks at the clock again and says it is 12:30 in the morning. ME:: I KNOW! My mom has already checked in. I told him the room # and her name. He acted like I was lying and just bothering him. He THREW MY KEY ON THE COUNTER!!! It didn't even work the next day!. VERY RUDE!!! They DID NOT LEAVE US ENOUGH TOWELS FOR 6 people!!! We HAD 4 TOWELS! They wouldn't even give us anymore. Said we had to pay for more or wash them...We were there for a week...I AM NOT going to wash everyday so we have towels to shower with!! PLUS IT COST OVER $2 just to wash!! UNHAPPY! Sleeper sofa was so old all you felt was the bars the mattress was on. NOBODY WHO WORKED THERE CARED!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were a family of 8 and rented #1508. It was clean, well appointed and very spacious, with three bedrooms and 31/2 bathrooms. It was off season (December/January) so the elevators were never busy, which was a blessing seeing we were on the 15th floor. We often had the heated pool or hot tub to ourselves. We did manage to spend some time on the beach when the weather permitted. We have been to Destin many times and have never had a disappointing holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sundestin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!