“Loved this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Mason, Ohio
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Destin has long been a vacation destination for my family, and we've stayed in many great places. Hidden Dunes really delivered. The community was lovely and inclusive without being overwhelming or too touristy. We had fantastic accommodations looking right at the beach, which was, of course, pure white sand. They're tennis facility was very well-maintained and manicured. I had the benefit of hitting with two of their pros, Phil and Mikey. I've worked with many tennis pros over the course of my life, and they were the most involved and interested in making sure I got maximum attention and instruction for the time I was with them. If I had a complaint, it's that they only offered green clay courts. I'm a partial to hard courts, but that's really a personal preference more then a critique.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mooresville, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We rented a 2bd 2 ba condo from resort quest at the last minute for a three day weekend. I have been to many islands in the Caribbean and to most areas in Florida but this was my first trip to Destin. I loved the beach here, the water was clear and a beautiful green , I felt like I was on an island. The water was so calm, we enjoyed watching the dolphins one morning while we were swimming. The condo was unit 404 and was nice and clean. It was a bit dated but what I loved about the unit was it had its own ice maker !!!! We had a few maintenance issues and called resort quest and they had maintenance there within the hour. We had beautiful views from our balcony. The only thing I would lik to see is a restaurant and bar on site. There is no where to walk to for lunch or dinner. We enjoyed going to eat at harbor village and Baytowne which are a short drive.. AJs is a great place for music and night life but food and service are not good. Kids enjoyed fudpuckers, but there were too many kids for us to stay very long. We also parasailed it was great trip!!!

Room Tip: High floor and not by the elevtor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Monticello, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed in cottage 210, which was second floor but well maintained and clean. The pool was probably 40 yards from the front door and access to the beach by walking was probably like 150-200 yards however they provide shuttle service through much of the day. The grounds were well cleaned and maintained. We were there when the waves were very high so our youngest stayed in the pool while our older daughters stayed around the beach, in short everyone was happy!! The pool area was neat and clean and in general I felt like it was a great bargain especially for a family with the multiple bedrooms and baths. Like all rentals it could probably use a little more attention to upgraded decor. Location was killer 2 minutes to shopping and alot of great resturants within 10 min. Grills are located close to the rentals so you could burn your own steaks. By far the best vacation our family has had and the resort contributed to that.

Room Tip: Cottages begining with 200 are second floor, which is ok if you are ok with steps.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Its my first time staying at Hidden Dunes #126 and I have to say its a great location.... walking distance to the beach and also had a tram service to take us back and from our cottage to beach. I didnt like how the tennis court was not available unless you pay additional fee. As for as the condition of the place. Its a bit dated. The furnitures need to be updated and bed comforter doesnt seem to be as clean as it should. ... we killed a few roaches also. I will definitely come back again if the negative things I pointed out are addressed.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family of 4 stayed in a cottage (#158) at Hidden Dunes. We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again on future visits. The resort is beautifully landscaped and is kept very clean. Our cottage was located near the bigger pool. We enjoyed many trips to the pool & hot tub. The beach was within a short walking distance. We walked most of the time, but we also rode on the golf cart that transports guests to & from the beach. The employees at the security gate & who drove the golf cart were very friendly. The resort's location is also near lots of dining, entertainment, and shopping attractions.

Room Tip: We booked our cottage using Resorts Realty. We booked during a time when they offered 15% off. Their...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Wonderful location.....right on beach with gorgeous views. Located near Grand Boulevard, Baytowne and Outlet Mall so lots of shopping and restaurants. Have stayed here four years In the same unit, Gulfside 102 and what I have noticed is there is no attempt to remodel or refurbish units. This condo has become very dated. Although housekeeping has never been their strong attribute, it was terrible this year. Called Resort Quest to advise them of condition of condo, dirty bathroom sink, dirty rugs, dirty floor, dirty carpet, disgusting old spread and blanket, dirty mirrors, dishes in dishwasher, coffee in pot, and the list goes on. Again, love the location and beach and pool and the unit having a patio on the ground floor at the pool, but the owners and managers need to get it together on condition of the unit and customer service!

Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family and I stayed in a three bedroom condo in Gulfside 1 at Hidden Dunes. It was a perfect location near tons of great places to shop and eat. It is a secure gated area and the grounds are kept very clean. We were impressed with a beautiful view of the emerald colored waters and the white sugary sand. Our condo had a full sized washer and dryer, granite counter tops, three bedrooms and three bathrooms, and a huge balcony. We are planning on going back next year and hope to book the same condo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!