“Standard Motel 6...predictable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Alpharetta
“Standard Motel 6...predictable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

By accepting our pet, they have earned our loyalty for a return visit. Beds were not very comfortable. Only a small bar of soap and minimal towels are provided. No mini fridge, no microwave, no coffee pot (we brought a hot pot though), and no complimentary WiFi. As a Marketing professional, they would do better to add the WiFi into the rate for everyone (they charge $2.99/night/device) and advertise it as "Free" instead...as this is more the norm in the industry these days. They are paying for it whether it is used or not, so better to get 100% of something than 30% of the guests using it for $2.99 a night. Same for shampoo/mouthwash. Add a $1.00 per day and include it as "complimentary" and have a positive customer experience rather than a disappointing one. The lack of a chair for the desk was more than an inconvenience, it was annoying. But we were happy to have our furry friend with us on vacation (complimentary). This was a HUGE plus and thank you Motel 6. Read the pet policy and bring your crate (we did) for when you leave the pet in the room.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, best to request the ground floor. I would also suggest asking for the back unit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have no complaints. This is the third time that I have stayed here: same experience each time (with the exception of the spring break phenomenon).

The front desk staff is always courteous. The rates are nice and low. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are clean. They have down-and-outs, so you can park in front of your room.

Motel 6 can sometimes be a dicey choice, but there are those exceptions. This is one. Reliably good rates and clean rooms.

Just remember: amenities are virtually nonexistent at any Motel 6. Bring your own soap and shampoo (if you have hair - I don't). Don't count on a large flat screen TV with hundreds of channels. Motel 6 is for sleeping. You can do that here, in comfort, without being concerned with filth.

Note to Self: Spring Break sucks for middle-aged men traveling for business. College kids party until all hours of the night. Stay someplace farther away from the beach when traveling through Florida during Spring Break.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room, or count on carrying your luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas , TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Saw many good reviews before I booking.
Lived two days in the motel 6. no any services available are in the hotel.
the environments were very noisy.
Low quality, fair price motel .
It is my first time lived in mobile 6 , I won't choose Motel 6 any more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Price was reasonable and the room was very clean and had a nice soap smell to it. Though, all of the towels were dirty with hair, paint, and unknown spots of substance! What I thought was disappointing was that there was no fridge, no coffee maker, no shampoos, no microwave, just an old TV but you get what you get right? And what I thought was peculiarly interesting was that my room was a no-smoking room yet there was an ashtray on the table that was upside-down with the no-smoking sign on the bottom. I mean, what? Why would you put an ashtray in a room with a sign on the bottom of it that tells you not to smoke? Are you getting what I'm saying? I know it's not important but personally, it befuddles me. Terrible thing was, there were always lots of people hanging outside of my room at midnight chatting and laughing and smoking right outside my door. There also was a dinky swimming pool but that was surprising for a motel so I'll give 'em credit for that. I wouldn't necessarily call this place "safe." Service was poor.

Room Tip: Second floor will have less noise at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Texas Panhandle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We are here each January for business reasons, and we look for clean, safe, reasonably priced lodging. Have stayed here 3 times and have always been satisfied, but this time was really the best. Under new management, the room this time had new mattresses, and they were excellent. Much better than last year. Front desk staff was friendly and pleasant and working very hard to please their guests. We had a couple drunks in the room next to us; one call to the front desk quieted them right down. Clean, nice big fridge, stovetop and microwave (bring your own pots and pans) , nice big tv, everything in the room worked well, and lots of room. Guest laundry was very clean and machines were in great shape. We were very pleased and will certainly return. This is a good, well-run place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with new mattresses.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Motel 6 is known as a budget chain...but many of their properties are clean and well located...and this one of them for me. Nothing fancy...but clean. Two stories on main road...I like they have a pool too.

The location is great! I stay there when some events are going on down on the bay...and I can walk there easily so no parking problems. Also very reasonable price. I stayed there this weekend and it was $45 a night...including tax...and Internet was only $3.00

It's close to a lot of restaurants and stores...and did I say I really like the pool?

It's also a short drive to the big stores (Silver Sands Outlet) and only about 30 minutes away to 30 A...and maybe an hour to Seaside.

It's a hotel I don't mind staying at myself...

Overall, it's a good place to flop down without a lot of bucks.

Room Tip: I ask for a room on the front side...on 98...across from the beach areas (really condos and the bay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here over the summer, and on our next vacation to Destin we will not be staying here. The staff was rude especially the front office staff. They have a new manager who was not friendly like the old manager was. Room was noisy and we had to be moved to a new one, but had to fight to get another room. Had we not booked this room in advance we would have went to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Destin? Share your experiences!