“There are some great Motel 6's...this is one of them!” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Destin
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   405 Highway 98 E #A, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #37 of 39 hotels in Destin
Tallahassee
“There are some great Motel 6's...this is one of them!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Motel 6 is known as a budget chain...but many of their properties are clean and well located...and this one of them for me. Nothing fancy...but clean. Two stories on main road...I like they have a pool too.

The location is great! I stay there when some events are going on down on the bay...and I can walk there easily so no parking problems. Also very reasonable price. I stayed there this weekend and it was $45 a night...including tax...and Internet was only $3.00

It's close to a lot of restaurants and stores...and did I say I really like the pool?

It's also a short drive to the big stores (Silver Sands Outlet) and only about 30 minutes away to 30 A...and maybe an hour to Seaside.

It's a hotel I don't mind staying at myself...

Overall, it's a good place to flop down without a lot of bucks.

Room Tip: I ask for a room on the front side...on 98...across from the beach areas (really condos and the bay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here over the summer, and on our next vacation to Destin we will not be staying here. The staff was rude especially the front office staff. They have a new manager who was not friendly like the old manager was. Room was noisy and we had to be moved to a new one, but had to fight to get another room. Had we not booked this room in advance we would have went to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dalton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I would highly NOT recommend this motel to anyone not even a enemy... If you want to feel safe and have a nice place to stay go across the street to Inn Harbor of Destin because they saved me and my family from this disaster of a nightmare!
Upon check-in we waited on the staff to get thier crap together before we could get checked-in. Once we arrived in our room the beds smelled just like urine, the floors were disgusting, they were suppose to have us a sofa bed (even after calling them 2 times to be sure they had one available) so we could all sleep and when I looked outside there were thugs hanging around everywhere making dope deals. I was very disappointed after driving 7 hours to this nightmare with our children.We checked out even before unloading our bags from the car. I WILL never book at Motel 6 ever again. The worst part of it all was waiting on them to credit my card so I could stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Don't ever stay here ! Not safe ,saw thugs in other rooms. Smells appauling, ceilings leak, floors beyond filth. Find another place, and be sure to check reviews. You are not saving money at this place. Its hazaderous to your health. I smell mold, mildew. Get the picture !!! Don't stay here, EVER....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The first room I rented was disgusting, Had a bleached shower curtain laying on one of the 2 beds and the lavatory was full of mud and then the next room had mildew on the mattress next to me and all over the bed spread on the bed I slept in, yuck! The shower curtain was also mildewed, I wouldn't recommend Motel 6 in Destin FL to anyone!

Stayed September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I first want to say is that I am a single parent and planned a 2 night stay at the beach for me and my 3 kids. I chose Destin because friends and collegues said it is the prettiest beaches in the gulf. I am on a tight budget and booked the motel with the knowledge that it will not be a 5 star hotel by any means.
Apond arrival to check in I waited in line and over heard the front clerk state to another guest how the cleaning crew is slow and they have a high turn over rate. When it was my turn he told me that it would be another hour and a half before my room would be ready. I was not happy about this after driving for 7 hours with 3 kids. When I returned to check in again no one offered anything to me for the innconvince to me and my 3 little ones. I was very disappointed with motel 6.

To my disappointment the room was not clean. I found food and a half eaten apple core on the kitchenette floor. I did not have a coffee pot or an Ironing board or iron. My top blanket had some sort of stain that was hard and some what sticky which looked like hot fudge. The other top blanket had all kinds of rips and tears all over it. Like I said I didnt expect it to be a 5 or even a 3 star motel, but it being clean is a must.
I will not recommend this motel to no one. Actually I have already told many who I work with and I work for a very large company. Besides this, my visit to Destin was wonderful and my 3 kids had the best time on the beaches.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money on the kitchen rooms. Not only does it not have pots and pans but it has nothi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cordova, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pros: More affordable than nearby hotels, friendly, helpful staff, good location
Cons: Dirty rooms, poor maintenance, noisy guests
Our check-in was delayed until after 4 pm because of staff shortages, and the rooms were being incompletely cleaned due to time constraints. When we checked into our room we noticed it was hot and the carpet was very dirty (black in places). The carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed.We later discovered that the bathroom floor was still sandy, the tub had not been cleaned, and the sink stopper was jammed in the down position. We reported the broken stopper to the general manager but had to prop it open with a piece of cardboard until we left 2 days later. Once the air started working the room became very damp. By the next day the room was cool and so humid it was wet! The bedding was wet and the room had taken on a urinous odor. We had to exchange our towels at the desk as there was no housekeeping due to lack of staff. Guests nearby were noisy until nearly 11 at night and started again at 5:30 in the morning. One guest played his car radio at 8:30 a.m. while he cleaned his car right outside our room until I insisted he turn it off. We would have left sooner but everything else was booked (it was a holiday weekend) and the staff was apologetic. However, we would not stay here again and cannot recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Destin? Share your experiences!